Trying For #2 From Cycle 1 to Cycle (However Long it Takes)

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2011, 09:14 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
I am 30 years old. I have an 11 year old boy. I have been married for 5 years. My husband and I just started trying for our second child this month. AF is due on November 13. Of course I have already tested several times this month, but no BFP. My last test was at 11 DPO. I still have hope! It's been a long time since I was last pregnant, so I don't really remember any of the symptoms. I have had strange symptoms this month though. Don't quite understand this one, but since 3 DPO my nipples have been sore. I had a half a day of cramping at 5 DPO, and I feel random cramping here and there. My breast usually get very tender about a week before my period, and that has not happened this month. Just the sore nipples. I'm waiting until AF is due on November 13. I will test again on that day. CAN'T WAIT!!! My husband and I have decided to keep this our little secret, so I don't really have anyone to talk to about all the girly stuff right now. Would love to have a few good friends to share the journey with.

Last edited by BabyX; November 14th, 2011 at 09:10 AM.
November 12th, 2011, 04:33 PM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
One more day to testing! Can't wait. Even though it's a Sunday I will probably wake up at 6am b/c I can't wait to test and see a BFP! (I hope?)
November 13th, 2011, 08:08 PM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
I didn't wake up at 6 am , but I did wake up at 8 am. Still a big deal b/c I am not a morning person. I kind of wonder if I should try taking another type of pregnancy test. I would assume they are all the same, but who really knows. I am so new to all of this. Anyway. Still a BFN this morning at 14 DPO, and still no AF. Not quite sure what to make of this b/c I have an almost perfect 28 day cycle with a couple of days of spotting right before I start my period. I have seen no spotting, have not had the same premenstrual symptoms, and still no period. As of tomorrow I will be one day late. Seeing that I paid no attention to my cycles when I had my first child and did not test until I knew I had to be late for my period (but had no idea how late) I really have no idea how long it might take for me to have a BFP. I'm pretty much counting that I will be waiting for next cycle to start TTC again. If I do end up with a BFP later I hope that I can offer hope to other women like myself who do not get early BFP. It seems like everywhere I look on the internet people are getting early BFP left and right. Maybe it's kind of like how people only complain to companies when they are dissatisfied. Except in this intance people only report when they get an early positive b/c it's something worth talking about. Who knows.

Last edited by BabyX; November 13th, 2011 at 08:14 PM.
November 15th, 2011, 11:55 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Ok. So annoying. Why is it that now that I want to conceive my body is messing around? I guess I'm going to do my usual spotting and then AF will come. Now I'm off of my 28 day cycle. All the longer before we can start TTC again.

I had to wait for about 8 very patient months for my DH to come around to the idea of having another baby. Now that he's on board my body is going to start playing jokes on me? UUURRRGGGGHHH
November 16th, 2011, 07:07 PM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
CD3. Nothing cool going on at this point. I don't like this waiting thing. I suck at it.
November 18th, 2011, 08:58 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
I am feeling really down today. I'm sure it has a bit to do with being on my period. One of the ladies on the TTC board got a BFP. I am really happy for her. At the same time I feel a little sad. I hate not being able to do anything to further my efforts to conceive right now. I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs so to speak. I had so much hope in me this last cycle. I also have all of this fear that DH and I will have an issue TTC.
December 1st, 2011, 10:42 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
I'm going to try to make a long story short. This is cycle #2 TTC. Despite all of the reading and research I still don't think I quite have the hang of this thing. Anyway my period was weird this month. I usually spot a couple of days before AF is actually due. This month I started spotting on the day that AF is due. I counted that as the first day of my period. I calculated ovulation by that date as well. I had a positive OPK on Nov 25th (3 days before I had O calculated to happen). I had a negative OPK on Nov 26th. I was thinking great. The numbers are pretty much lining up. Then yesterday Nov 30th I had a fair amount of EWCM. Had I calculated my ovulation by the day that I started bleeding heavy this month and not the day that I started spotting this would be the calculated day for ovulation. DH has been kind of worn out so I have given him a break since Monday. I really wanted to BD last night just to cover my bases, but he was so tired. I don't want to make this process miserable for him, so I let him go to bed. (I'm kicking myself today) I'm thinking that I should have continued taking OPKs to make sure that I didn't have more than 1 LH surge this month. I know that it is possible to have a LH surge, not ovulate, and have another LH surge and actually ovulate. I really feel like I blew it this month. I was feeling so positive, and I really wasn't obsessing about it either. I was just enjoying the time with DH. Now I just want to cry because I feel like I'm very likely out this month, and I have to start this waiting thing all over again. Sorry about the long story. I don't even know if it makes sense in words.

Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!
December 12th, 2011, 04:14 PM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Ok. I got a little crazy this cycle with the testing thing. I think I started testing at 9 DPO through 12 DPO everyday in the morning and some evenings. All BFN.

Now I'm facing the frustration of uncertainty in my cycles now. I have had pretty regular cycles all of my life. I have been off of BC for over a year, so I know that isn't causing my issues.

I should be starting AF today based on my regular 28 day cycles. Unless I should be calculating AF as due in 3 days from now because I wasn't quite sure what day to count as CD1 last cycle. I thought that I was feeling Pre AF symptoms a couple of days ago on Friday. I was super hungry and I felt heaviness in my abdomen. Still nothing. For this reason I tested again today at what I am calculating as 15 DPO. Still a BFN.

Anyway I didn't really think that I was going to get a BFP when I tested today. I'm just annoyed that my cycles seem to be off now that we are TTC. I just want AF to hurry up and get here so that we can move onto the next cycle.

I just know that cycle #3 is going to be our cycle.

I have made a game plan that I know will be "fail proof":

1. I will be temping and charting;
2. Will use PreSeed;
3. Avoiding caffeine as much as possible. Even more so than the last 2 cylces;
4. Drink lemon water, green tea, grapefruit juice and water;
5. Eat lots of carrots;
6. Take Robitussin;
7. I'm still on the fence about OPKs. I may not use them. TBD; and
8. My plan is not to POAS until I am late for my period. I can't handle all the BFNs.

Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search