Newbie, Just thought I'd share my story...(long)

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Branduxa's Avatar Praying for #2
Day 2 of Clomid went well. I'm taking it in the evening time at 6pm. I figured it would be best to take it at the same time every day and since it suggests not driving and stuff (and I have to drive 15 miles to work and 15 miles to get back home) I decided it would be better to take it in the evening time in case I have dizziness, headaches, ect. So far I'm doing ok...no noticeable side effects. Lets hope I can get through the other 3 days like that too. I do drink a lot of water and have dinner either before or shortly after taking it. I don't know if that helps or not, but like I said so far so good on the side effects!
February 14th, 2012, 10:01 AM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Brandie, as I was reading your story I couldn't help but think it sounds like you have PCOS, this was before I read the part about acne or the hair. Horrible cramps are definitely a sign of PCOS, combine that with the acne breakouts, the hair growth, and the long long cycles it completely sounds like PCOS. Did you find out anything from your bloodwork? When I came off bcp's it took me about 3 months for my cycle to start acting strange as well, and that is when the bloodwork diagnosed me as PCOS. I started 50mg of Metformin and I am back to a regular cycle! Hope they getyou all straightened out real soon!

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

February 14th, 2012, 02:44 PM
My Dr mentioned it for like a fleeting second and never went into more thought about it. He seems to think IF it was PCOS it would have shown up long before now.

Since he's my new dr he doesn't really know about my past medical history....

As a teenager I had regular cycles 7 days in length every 32 days with spotting leading up to it, BUUUUT I also had cysts. I had one at one point that burst and took me to the ER with the thought of having appendicitis. Before doing emergency surgery to remove my appendix they decided to do an ultra sound and realized it was just a burst cyst. Then I got pregnant with my son and after having him I haven't had a normal period since.

I recently moved away from the town I grew up in. Where the dr knew my back story and it's been difficult to find a good dr/ob-gyn here where I'm living at now, but I'm inclined to agree with you. I've been thinking it for quite some time and I'm considering eventually looking for another ob-gyn again soon. There's a really good one in a neighboring town but the waiting list to be seen is 1 year and a half! I've heard she's amazing tho, so I'm thinking it might be worth the wait!

Oh so far they keep telling me my bloodwork is fine.

Last edited by Branduxa; February 14th, 2012 at 02:47 PM.
February 15th, 2012, 06:34 PM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm I think I would be considering a dr I like better as well. When did they do your bloodwork, was it soon after being on bcp? The reason I ask is because bcp will regulate PCOS--its actually one of the treatments they use for it when you are not trying to conceive.

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

February 16th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Well I went to this one dr and she did blood work about 9 months after I had been off bcps and she said everything looked fine, but she was kinda a quack (as I like to call them the Drs who don't seem to know what they are doing), so I changed Drs and they've done blood work once but haven't told me those results yet, and now that I'm doing Clomid they are going to draw blood 3 times after I finish throughout the month to test progesterone and hormone levels.

I don't know if the Clomid will help me or not. I'm still growing hair under my chin area and still breaking out in acne. They put me on Provera to force a cycle so they could give me Clomid. Since the cycle ended I've had 5 new zits pop up. I'm kinda getting frustrated!

If this Dr doesn't figure out something soon I WILL be changing Drs again.
February 17th, 2012, 01:03 PM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Brandy- View Post
When did they do your bloodwork, was it soon after being on bcp? The reason I ask is because bcp will regulate PCOS--its actually one of the treatments they use for it when you are not trying to conceive.
First, I would try and get all of your past medical records from the different doctors.

Second, Brandy is right. I know a ton of people that were on birth control for years and as soon as they tried to start a family, they found out they had PCOS. The birth control covers it up. My sister is 17 and she just found out she has PCOS. They also found out that her testerone levels were extremely high.

I hope you get some answers soon and that the Clomid helps! Good Luck!

February 19th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Thanks ladies. I'm going to do some more pushing on my dr about the PCOS thing.

On another note....

Taking the Clomid went great. Only side effect I had from it was dull headaches. I think I took tylenol once during the time I was taking the Clomid. The 21st will be 5 days after the last dose. So fingers crossed that everything goes well.
February 19th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Without the personal history, your story sounds very similar to mine. I agree with the ladies here who say PCOS is the most logical DX. It is possible to have PCOS with all your BW being in the normal range (mine always is) but to be on the outer fringes of normal. I really hope the Clomid works for you. If you gained weight while on the BC you may also want to look into a low carb diet even if you don't have alot of weight to loose. Insulin Resistance is very common in PCOS with close to normal BW. I have been able to manage my PCOS with diet and Metformin alone, when Clomid failed for me. And not all OBGYN's are well educated in PCOS because the underling causes for PCOS are usually in the Endocrine System, which is not their speciality, even though the symptoms are gynecological.

February 26th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Ok...Been a little while since I posted an update.

Since I've finished the Clomid I've been paying extra attention to my body. I'm having O "pains" but nothing is happening. Like I'm not getting a temp shift and no EWCM. It's like I'm not ovulating even though I'm having o pains. I don't know what to think of that. I know it can take 5-7 days after finishing Clomid to O but it's not happening. Feb 21-23 would be the 5-7 day window and I'm 3 days outside of that. So not sure.

I do know that it wouldn't really matter if I did O tho. DH has been sick and even tho we've tried he hasn't been able to deliver the goods. Like I said tho, not for lack of trying poor guy. I know it's not his fault and I feel bad for him, but it makes me pretty sad. I just feel like we've missed the window even tho my temps/body aren't showing that I've even O'd yet.

Yesterday I woke up with the worst headache I've had in quite some time. Can we say MIGRAINE? Gosh I had it all, the light sensitivity, vomiting, sever head pain....my husband was sure sweet though, taking care of me, loving on me, making sure I had anything I needed. Gosh I love that man!

Anyway, I prolly won't see my Dr again until sometime in March. I've had an Estradiol blood draw on Feb 23 and suppose to have Progesterone draw on March 1 and HCG draw on March 8th. I'm not holding out much hope for the HCG draw right now. It's not looking good. I think when I go back to the dr that I will push the PCOS issue more. My hair growth under my chin isn't getting better, it's getting worse infact! I really want him to put me on Metformin. I don't care if he puts me on Clomid again, but I really want to be put on Metformin.

Anyway, I don't have much else to add right now. I'll update later.

Last edited by Branduxa; February 26th, 2012 at 05:13 AM.
March 2nd, 2012, 05:38 AM
Got my cross hairs on FF! Finally, I was starting to wonder if the Clomid even worked. I have been having cramping (or "o" pains) for several days and then they got pretty extreme on the day FF says I ovulated, so I guess that's a pretty good sign.

So far my after o signs are as follows:

Swollen tender breasts
Gassy
Dull lower backache
Feeling of stretching or dull cramping
March 7th, 2012, 08:00 AM
I'm 8 DPO today. I have a blood draw HCG test tomorrow morning. I really hope we are pregnant this cycle. I'm so ready to hold our baby in my arms.

So far the signs I have are as follows:

Swollen breasts (no longer tender)
Still very gassy
I've had some minor cramping the last 2 days
Frequent Urination
Fatigue

I'm trying not to look into the signs too much because I don't want to be disappointed if I get a BFN. Anyway, I'll post again once I get the results of all my blood work.
March 11th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Well 12 DPO and I had a major temp drop this morning. Like .06 degree drop.

Also had 4 BFN HPT tests, Thursday evening, Friday morning, Saturday morning, Sunday morning. It's kinda heartbreaking, but I'm not stressing over it.

I haven't even heard the results of all my blood work yet. I'm guessing the HCG draw was negative. I'm going to call my dr on Monday and find out where we go from here. I'm really going to push the exploration of finding out about PCOS.
March 14th, 2012, 01:24 PM
CD1
March 23rd, 2012, 09:57 AM
CD10. I've been using OPKS this time around, as well as checking CF and CP. The OPK I had last night was so close to possitive. It seems a little early tho. I just finished the 2nd round of Clomid last night. Maybe I'm just having a build up to O. Lets hope so! Hope I have a good eggy pop out and I get my BFP soon!
April 2nd, 2012, 01:36 PM
Yay! Got my 1st positive OPK yesterday and another positive one today! Hopefully I'll get my temp spike tomorrow (which would be CD 21, same day I ovulated last Clomid cycle!)
April 3rd, 2012, 01:01 PM
Had a .3 degree jump in temp this morning, wasn't enough to give me cross hairs on fertility friend though. I so hope that tomorrows temp goes up again!
April 4th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Well I had a .4 degree temp drop this morning. I don't know what's going on. I also still had (what to me) looked like a pos OPK. So we shall see what tomorrow brings.
April 5th, 2012, 05:07 AM
My temp jumped back up this morning. After a .4 degree drop I had a .5 degree rise. I hope it stays up/continues to rise. So far I'm not even sure I ovulated. I've had 4 straight positive OPKS!
April 5th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Off to bed and praying for another temp spike in the morning!

Trying to conceive since Aug 2010.
Irregular cycles, PCOS, and MF.
Suprise Pregnancy and Miscarriage Oct. 2011
Lots of natural cycles and 7 rounds of Clomid with no success
IUI #1-Feb 18th 2014
1st Beta: 8
2nd Beta: 0 Chemical Pregnancy
IUI #2-March 28th 2014
1st Beta 77 at 13dpiui
2nd Beta 570 at 17dpiui
3rd Beta 8508 at 24dpiui
Ultrasound April 29th 2014---One little peanut, growing right on schedule, heartbeat 128 bpm.
Due Date December 20, 2014
April 6th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Thank the Lord! My temp stayed up and even climbed .1 degree this morning. Super excited! I was starting to worry I wasn't going to ovulate! I started my pineapple core last night!

Trying to conceive since Aug 2010.
Irregular cycles, PCOS, and MF.
Suprise Pregnancy and Miscarriage Oct. 2011
Lots of natural cycles and 7 rounds of Clomid with no success
IUI #1-Feb 18th 2014
1st Beta: 8
2nd Beta: 0 Chemical Pregnancy
IUI #2-March 28th 2014
1st Beta 77 at 13dpiui
2nd Beta 570 at 17dpiui
3rd Beta 8508 at 24dpiui
Ultrasound April 29th 2014---One little peanut, growing right on schedule, heartbeat 128 bpm.
Due Date December 20, 2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search