Hoping to Complete Our Family with Baby #3!

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So decided to start a TTC Journal today. I am always obsessing and thinking about TTC and there is no one IRL that wants to hear about it all the time . I figured this would be a good place to go on and on without driving people nuts.

My name is Kelly- I am 37 and will be 38 in March. DH is Sean who is also 38. We will be married 5 years this July, together for 9 years in April. We have 2 sons: Jonesy who is 2 and Eamon who will be 1 in 2 weeks. DH and I had gone back and forth several times on whether we should have a 3rd child. Much of this has to do with the fact that Jonesy was diagnosed with autism back in August, so it made us really re-evaluate how much more we could handle due to our struggles with him. He began intensive therapy right away, and it has made a world of difference. He is such a blessing as is Eamon and they both make us happy and laugh every day. We can't wait to see what this 3rd little person will be like

Cycle 1 - CD 6
Taking prenatals and EPO to improve CM. AF just ended yesterday so just waiting for the BD marathon which should be this weekend hopefully. Will be buying OPK's tomorrow. I like the CBE Digital Ones. They are expensive but I've always had trouble reading the traditional ones. I used the CBE's to get pregnant with both boys. It took 10 cycles to conceive Jonesy, and we were successful on the first cycle trying with Eamon.

Jumping ahead of myself and wondering if I should test at 10 or 12 DPO (depending on whether the BD marathon goes well- DH and I have difficult schedules so this is sometimes hard to coordinate ). I got my BFP with Jonesy at 10 DPO (did not test any earlier) and I got Eamon's at 9 DPO). Always wished I could hold out to 12 DPO but who am I kidding. 10 DPO it is. If I O when I think I will this should be January 30th.

Last edited by Butterbear; January 12th, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
January 13th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Cycle 1 - CD 7
Nothing exciting but my temps seem generally higher this cycle. Not sure why that is though I am getting over a cold. Going to buy OPK's tonight after work and will start those in a few days. No cm to speak of but was still spotting a bit yesterday after AF. That's a little unusual for me to spot for 2 days after but I thought maybe it was because I started the EPO?

Later in the day- have a little bit of EWCM and some cramping. Little bit of brown blood in the EWCM. Wonder if I am o'ing early or if the EPO is causing this.

Last edited by Butterbear; January 13th, 2012 at 11:52 AM.
January 16th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Cycle 1 - CD 10
Saturday night I stopped on my way home from work to buy OPK's. I bought the Clearblue Easy Digital ones. I used those while TTC my other 2 kids and they were the only ones that I could actually read- but I forgot how expensive they were- almost $40 for a 7 day supply- yeesh! I was looking forward to it being the start of our BD marathon
Anyway, moot point because as soon as I got home (and even in the car on the way home) I was starting to not feel well. About 20 minutes after I arrived home I was vomiting and had the worst stomach bug I have ever had. I wondered if it might even be food poisoning (I'd had shrimp with dinner). I spent a terrible night but thankfully my DH was home and took care of me and the boys.

I am feeling much better today- I was able to sleep for almost 2 days straight and my appetite is back. Thankfully no one in my family seems to be getting sick so I wonder if it was food poisoning and not a virus. Going to spend the day bleaching the house just in case!.

Starting my OPK's this afternoon. No CM to speak of but I'm sure that's because I was so dehydrated the last couple of days. I've been chugging water and Gatorade like crazy. Hoping everyone stays healthy!
January 16th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry to hear about your son's autism. Where on the spectrum is he? I think it's great you're already getting treatment for him.

I'm glad you're feeling better and hope you get in some quality BD time!

January 16th, 2012, 04:49 PM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
Fx u get that + opk soon!

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

January 18th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Thanks Sonica and Robyn!

Robyn, Jonesy has PDD-NOS which basically means he's got developmental delays with autistic features but he doesn't really fit into the other more specific autistic disorders. I'm hoping this means it's mild and that he'll progress really well with treatment. It's still too early to tell but he's doing great so far

The kids and I are feeling better (except DH is starting to not feel well). We missed BD last night because he felt sick. He felt better today so here's hoping tonight's the night!
January 18th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Cycle 1 - CD 12
Negative OPK yesterday afternoon and my temp was still low this morning. That was a relief because BD did not happen as planned last night. I got home from work around 1am and DH was sick on the couch. This morning he felt fine and went to work. I had EWCM last night and this morning so hopefully I'll get lucky tonight We'll see what this afternoon's OPK brings.
January 19th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Cycle 1 - CD 13
Yesterday's OPK was negative also when I took it around 3pm. My temp was a little higher this morning but still below the coverline. Was finally able to BD last night which was a relief so at least there's a chance for us this cycle (if I O in the next day or so). It seems like my CM is drying up so hopefully that means I'm O'ing soon or already and just missed the surge with the OPK? I've never missed a surge testing once a day though...oh well. I'll see what this afternoon's test shows.
January 20th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Cycle 1 - CD 14
Still no positive OPK. I'll admit I'm a little bummed- I've never missed a surge with these particular tests so I'm thinking I'm just no o'ing yet. Also the latest I've ever gotten a positive OPK is CD14 so I don't know what gives. My ewcm has come back a bit though, so maybe I'm just o'ing late because I was sick last week- that's all I can think of. Boo!!!!
January 20th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Sorry 4 the - opk's. I totally understand. Im on cd14 n still no +. I'm getting lots of fertile cm though. I'm wondering if I missed my surge as well. I never miss it though. Fx we both get + soon

January 21st, 2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks Sonica- I know what you mean. I'm on CD 15 and hoping to finally get a + OPK this afternoon. It's really frustrating. Not quite sure what's going on this cycle!
January 21st, 2012, 11:39 AM
Cycle 1 - CD 15
Finally got my + OPK! I was so happy to see that smiley face let me tell you. DH and I BD last night and I'm glad. I am hoping to BD tonight and tomorrow night to cover our bases but tonight is usually my late night at work so we'll see how that goes. Hoping it's not too busy and I can get home at a decent hour. Either way, we at least have a shot this month! My temp was still below coverline this morning and my cm was more creamy than ewcm. We'll see what my temp brings tomorrow morning. Phew!
January 21st, 2012, 03:40 PM
Yay! For + opk, hope u catch that egg.

January 21st, 2012, 07:08 PM
Tbaby's Avatar Super Mommy
Yay! Sonica I'm hoping this is your month. GL

Thanks for my siggy Jaidynsmum

The JOY of the Lord is my STRENGTH! Nehemiah 8:10

January 22nd, 2012, 11:32 AM
Cycle 1 - CD 16
Thinking I am going to O today. My temp is still low, actually dipped a little bit. DH and I were not able to BD last night because we were up with a sick baby, but we were able to BD this morning. I think my bases are covered as much as they can be. I'm just waiting for the temp jump (hopefully tomorrow) to confirm O. Think I'm in the 2WW!
January 22nd, 2012, 01:58 PM
Welcome to the tww!

January 22nd, 2012, 07:24 PM

Most of the children on the spectrum that I've worked with fall in to the former Asperger's diagnosis. I have heard that PDD-NOS is one of the more mild ones on the autism spectrum, so I hope that is true for your little one! I've had great times working with the children with Autism. It's interesting to see the world through their eyes.

January 23rd, 2012, 09:45 AM
Thank you guys!
January 26th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Cycle 1 - CD 20 / 3 DPO
I finally got my crosshairs from Fertility Friend so it seems I ovulated on CD17, which makes me 3 DPO today. I think I am going to test at 8 DPO which will be on Tuesday. I got my BFP for Eamon at 9 DPO so who knows. I guess I will just watch what my temp does and take it from there. I forgot how terribly long the 2WW feels! At least I have Eamon's birthday party this weekend to keep me busy! I've had cramping on and off for the last few days. Obviously it is too early for it to mean anything.
January 26th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Good luck and happy birthday to little Eamon!
swtneka likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search