TTC#1 Our Journey **Updated with BFP/belly pics**

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2012, 11:28 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Update:

Not much going on today. My temp jumped .3 degrees and I got a slightly darker OPK (we're getting there).

Hoping to have my temp plummet and the OPK to get darker in a couple days. My CM has been all over the place but its starting to become watery again which is a good sign. I'll just keep trucking along. DH and I haven't BD in several days due to work schedules so I think we'll have to do that tonight . Gotta have my soldiers ready to go just in case. Also, this girl needs a haircut and color so I'm going to do that this afternoon! Wish me luck, I've never had my hair professionally highlighted or colored.

That's all for now.
February 24th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Update:

Today my temperature definitely dropped...1.2 degrees to be exact. I didn't believe it so I took it a second time and got only .2 degree difference. The good news is...that could mean I'll O in a couple of days. The bad news...my OPK doesn't look much darker than yesterdays. Maybe that will change this evening or early tomorrow morning. My only tell-tale sign that it should be happening soon, besides the temp drop, is that my CM is back to watery and I'm having slight twinges in my lower abdomen. Not sure that I've experienced or noticed "ovulation pain" so I'm not sure what I'm looking for. In the meantime, I'm just going to continue eating well and BD with DH when the occasion arises. I've kind of got that carefree mood going on today. "If it happens, it happens" type thing. Considering my temps have been kind of wild I'm not putting too much credit into today's temperature, or the OPKs for that matter. Last cycle the OPKs were dark on CD 12, 13, 14. Today's CD 13 and I don't see a huge shift in color. But, we'll wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Until next time....
February 24th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
I would say they are getting really close to being positive, so why not get busy!!!!

I hope you catch that eggy Hannah!!!!

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

February 25th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Update:

Thanks Raina. I hope we catch the eggy too. It seems my cycles are finally regulated seeing that I'm ovulating roughly the same time as last cycle. Here are some updated OPK pictures on CD 11, 12, 13, & 14.

Though CD 13's positive isn't as dark as I had anticipated it seems to have been the darkest of the batch this month. I'll probably take another OPK tomorrow to confirm a negative reading as well as hope to see a temperature spike. The "ovulation pain" I have been experiencing has been erratic and not quite as intense as last cycles. So, even if I do not get PG this cycle at least the consistent pos CD 13/14 OPKs and symptoms lead me to believe my cycles are finally becoming regulated after discontinuing my BC. Which is good news, cause then we can just have a Christmas baby .

Until next time...
February 27th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Update:

Today would mark 2DPO according to my FF signs. I don't think I'll get crosshairs until tomorrow or the day after.

Though CD 13 didn't show a blaring pos. I only took one test and probably just missed it. I guess the good thing is DH and I BD the night before it happened. So I"m hoping a little boy or girl was waiting in the wings to strike. I'm going to start my pineapple core today. It seems to have helped several women. And if I'm wrong and I O'd CD 14 or 15 instead, DH and I might BD just to be safe tonight. Stick little bean stick! My MIL is making all these cute tutus for little girls...wouldnt you like one to prance around in ,in the fall?! Or at least lay in one for pictures haha.

Symptom wise. Not much really. Feeling slightly congested, a little gassy, and having some lower abdominal twinges. Probably just left over O pain.

Until next time...
February 29th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Update:

Today marks about 4 DPO. FF still hasnt given me crosshairs. I think its because I'm still having fertile CM which is typical for me all cycle round minus the sticky CM just after AF. Hmmm...will I ever get crosshairs? It is also my third day of eating the pineapple core and I've been experiencing some cramping though I've read that is a side effect of eating it from a couple women. In addition, I've also experienced a temp drop since the initial rise. Wondering if this is common before the "progressional" rise toward a pos HPT. I guess only time will tell but FX I get my BFP near DH's bday. Finally here are my symptoms so far:

1-2 DPO: Ovulation-like pain
3-4 DPO: Backache and cramping

Until next time...
March 1st, 2012, 06:15 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure you've ovulated yet. What was your temp like today? That massive temp drop yesterday makes me think you were gearing to O but didn't. Maybe it's still coming?

March 2nd, 2012, 08:48 AM
Update:

@Belita...you were right. I think I'm actually O'ing today or tomorrow.

Here's the culprit (AKA reason why). DH and I have decided since my temps are so screwy we're just going to BD the next 4-6 days and hope that covers it. Luckily, I had this blaring test today so FX my tubes actually let the egg go lol. I am having more ovulation pain today than yesterday but it was definitely noticeable yesterday (On the left side). In addition, my temp is still low so hoping for a spike tomorrow. Yesterdays temp is iffy because I was roused just before taking it but now it makes sense the trend it was making. That's all for now.

It's snowing again here in Iowa...I wish mother nature would make up her mind. Snow, 50 degrees, snow, 40 degrees, snow, 60 degrees. Arghhh. :/

Until next time...
March 2nd, 2012, 10:41 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you were covering your bases anyway!

The weather here has been the same.

March 4th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Update:

Well, I've finally O'd. I got my (-) OPK the past couple days and my temperature spiked yesterday morning. So according to FF I'm about 2 DPO. I ate my first pineapple core slice yesterday in hopes it would nourish my uterus for IB. FX I get to experience IB! DH and I were consistent with our BDing so I'm praying we get our BFP shortly after St. Patty's day. Heres a list of things I'm aiming for in the upcoming week:

-Continue with prenatal vitamins and the pineapple core
-Observe CM for IB
-Goal: Test @ 10-11 DPO
-Relax!

The only symptoms I'm currently noticing are left over ovulation pain, bloating, fatigue, and tender nipples. Nothing out of the ordinary for this point in my cycle.

Until next time..
March 6th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Update:

We've got CH!! I'm puzzled though because they are blue and not red. What does that mean? Anyway, I'm 3 DPO now and feeling relatively well. I had a little nausea this morning but that could be due to dehydration or needing to eat. I sometimes feel nauseous when I haven't eaten. In addition, I'm still having occasional discomfort in my lower abdomen. I'm going to blame the pineapple core but I suppose it could be my body preparing for IB. Who knows?! I'm just going to keep my eyes peeled for any early signs of IB or PG. I'm aiming to test on 11 DPO. FX I can hold out that long!

Until next time...
March 7th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Update:

So I feel like once I get past O I journal more often...maybe its because I get so excited about the little things in hopes it is all leading to a BFP . Anyway, today I had a slight spike in my temperature...thats a good thing right?! I read somewhere that its typical for a women to experience at least 10 days of a rise in her cycle before dropping and AF shows. That made me a little bummed. I like to think that each morning I get a temp rise, even just by .1 degree that means its more likely that I'm PG. Oh well. I think the only thing I'm really looking forward to right now is some signs of life in there...like IB.

It's terrible that I can't wait to go to sleep just to wake up and take my temperature. I'm sure you ladies know what I'm talking about. Hopefully in the next couple days I'll see a temp drop by at least .2 to signify implantation, even if that doesn't come with IB. We'll see I guess. I have a good feeling about this cycle though, even if my temps don't reflect a consistency. Praise the lord that Kimberly said something about the OPKs because I would have never had a chance this cycle had she not recognized I was O'ing later.

Here's what I've experienced thus far:

1-2 DPO: Backache and O pain
2-4 DPO: Gassy and creamy CM

Until next time....
March 8th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Update:

Alright, I guess I don't have any significant facts or data to post here today other than I feel like dog poop! My temp is still elevated and no signs of IB yet. Probably won't come since I'm waiting for it. Anywho...I guess the good news is that I'm beginning to feel a little bloated and achy. Maybe these headaches and nauseous feelings really do mean something...? No, probably not. :/ I've been continuing with the pineapple core..I've only got a couple pieces left. I so hope it works..I'd rather feel bloated and gross for a reason rather than just being ubber bloated before AF. FX!

Until next time...or well, tomorrow
March 11th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Update:

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA. DH and I went to visit my SIL and BIL this weekend. They're remodeling part of their basement for a playroom. Of the family members, they are the only ones that really know we're TTC. And to our surprise my SIL revealed she was 6wks PG and wanted me to know in case I was this week and we could reveal together. SO excited for her but now nervous I'll be getting all BFN and be ubber disappointed we can't reveal together. Such is life I guess.

Today I'm 8 DPO and my temp looks like it took a dip today. Yesterday I was not able to take a temperature because my FIL was sharing a space with DH and I while sleeping so I thought it'd be kind of awkward since my thermometer beeps a bunch. Also, I don't know where todays temp ranks up with yesterdays since its MIA. Still no signs of IB other than some slight cramping. I'm beginning to lose hope that I'll experience IB...which is disappointing because I feel like I've been experiencing some PG signs. Yesterday, all day I felt like I had a hangover (I did not drink)...I just felt generally icky. Then, later, when we drove to run a couple errands I felt slight motion sickness in the car. I don't know. I want to blame it on the fact that I want a BFP so bad, but then again am I also blowing off legit signs?! I'm going to try to hold out until Wed. to test....I have to urge to test so bad tomorrow though. Ugh!

Until next time....

Last edited by Hopolka; March 11th, 2012 at 08:27 AM.
March 11th, 2012, 04:37 PM
After having an afternoon to take my mind of TTC I've come to conclusion that if we're not PG this month I may just stick to checking my CM and BBT charting. I've spent too much money already on OPKs only for them to give me sketchy answers. :/ Having a delayed O this month has also made me realize that DH and I need to BD more frequently instead of trying to pinpoint it all around O. I guess you could say I'm already setting myself up for BFN because I don't want to deal with the heartache. But, regardless these are a few of my goals for next cycle.

In addition, according to my research, I should have IB on Tuesday. I'll update you all then! FX
March 12th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Update:

Well, I'm a little confused with my temperatures but none of them this cycle have made sense so I'm kind of disregarding them. Reason being, I know when I had my pos. OPKs and I know when DH and I BD'd and that's all that matters. AF is supposed to show Friday and I'm already 9DPO. I know I told myself I wouldn't test until 11DPO buttttt I broke that promise. And I'm kind of glad. Here's the results:

DH said he saw something IRL too! Guess that doesn't make me feel as crazy. The last picture, which I saturated, you can definitely see a line. Unlike the crooked line I thought was a pos last month:

All I can do now is wait. Hopefully by the weekend I'll have missed AF and the line gets darker. No IB but I suppose that could still happen tomorrow if the little baby burrows in deeper. My temperature has dropped the last couple days...FX. Thats all I can do. Maybe I will get to celebrate with my SIL .
March 13th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Update:

Well, I worked a long night shift last night and haven't really been to bed yet. Also, since I've been urinating more frequently I haven't been able to get a good concentrated urine for todays test. I'm going to fix myself something to eat and lie down in hopes that when I get up I can test with the answer I picked up. Hoping that it'll give me a better line. I did take a test when I got home from work after holding urine for only 5 hours. It didn't look much different than yesterdays test, maybe a little darker but still pretty light. I'm trying not to fret to much but its kind of stressful. I want it to be pos so bad but at the same time I'm trying to deny the fact that I see something so I wont be as hurt if it doesnt stick. Its an ongoing battle within myself. :/ Then again, 9 and 10DPO is still really early. AF is due Friday so I guess if I miss that too, i'll know for sure. I'll post pictures of the answer after I take it.

Until then..
March 13th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Cant wait to see those lines get darker Hannah.... Hang in there... those are beautiful BFPs... and those lines will get much darker.... dont stress out too much Hun.... its not good for the baby
Hopolka likes this.

March 13th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Thanks Raina! I'm trying. So far I've been taking lots of naps and making sure I'm drinking plenty of water and eating more consistently. I'm afraid to BD with DH or do too much strenuous activity in fear of knocking the little sticky bean loose. I know that sounds funny but these are the thoughts running through my head.

Here are some updated pictures of 10 DPO. This was taken after holding urine only a couple hours with an answer test. The lines appear to be more visible than that of the IC from yesterday. In addition the IC I took this afternoon after sleeping seems only slightly darker than the IC from 9DPO. I had an inclination it wouldn't be much darker, but I was hopeful. Maybe by Saturday? FX

It's gorgeous here, I have the windows open and its 72! Only problem is, I'm too tired to go outside and play. DH and I worked hard prepping the garden @ 8DPO so I'm still wiped from that.

Thats all for now I suppose. I'll KUP.
March 13th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Those lines are gonna get darker little by little everyday... I would think that by Saturday it should be BLARING POSITIVE....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search