TTC#1 Our Journey **Updated with BFP/belly pics**

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Hi All..or well at least those of you who will read this. Earlier this month I joined the site and have found it undeniably helpful. As a TTC first-timer...it's always wonderful to read other womens trials and tribulations to assure you that you're not alone in this experience. First, a little about myself. I'm a 22 year old college graduate working full-time as an ICU nurse technician. My husband, Jason, is 25 (soon to be 26) and works full-time at Monsanto. Together over the past 10 months we've managed to get me through college, get married, move, and obtain a new job. Finally, after all the stress dust has settled we've made the decision to TTC #1. It's been an interesting ride so far.

Before making this decision I was on Nuvaring (NR). Loved it! No cramps, heavy bleeding, or moodiness. Now after taking NR out...my AF seems to be a little crampier (is that a word?). Regardless, my DH and I have only been trying since Nov. 2011. Though I shouldn't have expected a BFP right off the bat..I was hopeful. Thankfully, I got a BFN because I had my wisdom teeth out and the medicine wouldn't have been good for a growing baby. So, now, we're in our second month of TTC and so far I've monitored my CM and used my first round of OPK's.

Unfortunately, I'm too new at this to really understand when it is I actually ovulated. But, everyone seems to think it was between the 29th and 31st...sooo...good think my DH and I did the BD all week long. So in the meantime, I've noticed my CM has dried up, I've been crampy, my nipples are sore (unusual for me), and a little fatigue has set in. Hoping to get my BFP around Valentines day but if not..we'll try again next month.

Today in particular I decided I was going to have a mental break down on my DH. This girl is getting really tired, literally, of not being able to sleep. I'm usually a tummy sleeper but up until the last few weeks or so I haven't been able to tolerate the pressure down there. Sleeping on my back hurts because my lower back is already achy and sleeping on my side tends to hurt my shoulder. I'm at a loss. Last night, I woke up several times because I was feeling crampy, and uncomfortable. All I can say is that I better be pregnant because I've never had as many sleepless nights as I've had recently. BOO :/. And on top of it all I just feel like a fatty. My DH and I go to the gym frequently and I usually do some light cardio and weights. Well, last night I went to step on the scale and I about croaked...I haven't eaten anymore than I normally do and it said I was up a little. Arghh...maybe its water weight. I don't know. I'm so confused. What's going on with my body!!! *humph* Additional signs and symptoms I'm having at now 7DPO are:

-Bloating/Fullness
-Tender BBS
-Skin changes (Acne breakout)
-Mood swings (emotionally drained)
-General body aches
-Extreme thirst or dry mouth

While feeling bloated and having a small acne breakout is normal before my AF...the extreme mood swings and back ache are not. At this point I'm just so confused. And definitely emotional about it. Since I've never been off BC for any length of time I'm not sure if these symptoms are indicative of what my body's like without hormonal control. The 14th is my EDD of AF...I think I'll test this weekend just to east my mind. Until then...I might go to bed early and make the DH rub my back. GL to the rest of you out there with the same frustrations.

Last edited by Hopolka; March 15th, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
February 7th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Update:

Today I'm feeling particularly down. While I still have some bloating and BBS tenderness. Many of the other symptoms have subsided. I have begun to pee more frequently (or at least it seems) and my hunger is relatively back to normal if not increased a bit. Maybe this whole sign thing is whats driving me crazy. Where I felt like such crap a couple days ago, today I just feel "down in the dumps."

I finally figured out how to post my chart to my signature along with a ticker. So, that makes me happy. What stinks is I didn't start temping till directly after ovulation...so essentially half the chart is missing. I know they say after the ovulation dip your temp is supposed to rise and stay high if you're pregnant. Well, I'm 8DPO and my temp has stayed high if not increased daily. I'm trying not to read into that too much cause it could plumit tomorrow *knock on wood* but I'm hopeful. Maybe some of these ladies can give me some pointers on how to chart better, or more accurately. *Sigh....what a stressful thing this TTC is.

Additionally, I have experienced no IB so that has me concerned that the sticky bean hasn't implanted his/her self yet. Though, I know it only happens to about 30% of all women. I guess I'll continue to wait for anymore signs of life in my little uterus. *twirls thumbs*

February 9th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Update:

Well, yesterday was a pretty tearful day. An incident happened at work that ruined my morning and then DH and I got into an argument that made me even more tearful. We made up of course but I'm hoping the stresses of yesterday didn't affect any chance of our sticky bean sticking. Today I believe I'm 10 DPO and still waiting on my BFP. I tested yesterday after said questionable BFP on 8DPO and got a BFN. Though it wasn't FMU or even SMU (because i work nights) I was hopeful. Turns out the 8DPO test was probably just a faulty $store test. Oh well, it was only $1 so I can't complain. I'm down to one test, a clearblue digi, and I don't want to waste that so I might go get more $1 ones and POAS this evening. Here are some of my symptoms as of this morning:

-Sore/enlarged nipples (occasional tingly feeling)
-occasional pelvic twinges
-nights sweats
-woke up warm
-temp of 98.0 up from 97.9
-continued dry mouth/congestion
-last night i felt SOB but..i'd also been crying
The others have pretty much stayed the consistent with PMS signs...bloating, mood swings, etc.

Still not sure whats going on but I'll test this afternoon and maybe I'll get some answers. I'm trying to stay positive but each day that passes and I get a negative its light someone's taunting me saying.. "hah, and you thought you could get PG this month." The biggest change I've noticed has definitely been my nipples (TMI)...they've been occasionally tingly and sensitive. They're also like twice the size they were at the beginning of the month. Now, I've certainly had breast changes before my AF but this is different.

Until next time...
February 9th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope your stay is short and sweet!

February 9th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
I hope you get your BFP soon Hannah!!! I'll be stalking you until you do!!!

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

February 10th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Hah. Thanks ladies, I hope so too. But even if it's not short I know I'll have you wonderful women to confide in .

Update:

Today marks 11DPO and only 5 or so days until AF shows (according to FF & a 28-29 day cycle). Once again I experienced unusual night sweats and insomnia. I also had extreme irritability with DH's snoring last night for some reason. Usually it only bothers me for a few minutes and then I fall right to sleep. Last night I wanted to punch him in the head so he'd stop snoring and smacking his big ol' lips. Grrrr... *claws come out.*

Then this morning when I woke up to use the restroom and POAS, when I wiped I saw scant amounts of brown-like CM. The PG test was a BFN of course but I was more interested in the CM. So, I "Googled" how long on average it takes for IB to occur and a couple of the sources I researched said that it can take anywhere from 7-14 days past intercourse around ovulation. And I know its certainly way too early for me to be spotting for AF, I've never had a period this early in a cycle..maybe later but never early. SO! I'm a little elated today that maybe we have a late snuggler on our hands and that in the next couple days I'll feel some real PG symptoms. Besides the cramping, bloating, irritability, and HUGE BBS! Okay, they're not huge but they certainly feel that way. Maybe then it will all mean something.

Until then...I'm going to make some breakfast, play my new kinect game, and I suppose make an appearance at work . FX for myself and anyone else who may have experienced questionable IB this month!
February 10th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I hope it IB, so excited and hopeful for you... I hope you get your BFP this cycle.

February 10th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Hope it's IB!

February 11th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Update(Rant):

Alright, now I'm just angry. I'm angry at my body, I'm angry at my thermometer, and I'm angry at my husband. Ugh! So I posted a new temp to FF, .01 degree down from yesterday. However, the temps were so erratic this morning I don't know what to believe. So, I posted the most logical of the 4 I attempted to take. *Hmph* I have had little to no spotting this morning, a PG test that seems to have a line but one DH couldn't even see, so I'm completely frazzled and ready to give up. It's still 3-4 days till AF shows her face and I'm completely in a rage.

Also, I have a confession: I HATE temping!!!!!!! I feel like I'm not doing it correctly and that my thermometer is a hunk of junk. On top of that I get mixed messages about what people may or may not think is going on according to them. I need to just stop temping, stop being stubborn and just wait till AF shows. Then I can be depressed and hate myself because we didn't BD at the right time or some stupid temperature made me think I O'd when I didn't.

This sucks...I just want a little bundle of joy. I want to see what our first baby will look like. I want to be closer with my husband in this experience. I want to see it's big beautiful blue-green eyes and smile. Why does this have to be so hard? What are we doing wrong? What am I doing wrong? What if we can never have kids?
February 12th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Update: (Cycle #2)

Well, I woke up this morning only to wipe and see that the witch has reared her ugly head. Hello bright red disaster, and not the kind you get from cupcake sprinkles before celebrating Vday. While, partially depressing I need to face the facts that it may just be entirely too early after getting off BC to get PG. The good news is that my cycle was only off by 2 days so maybe that means she's finally regulating herself. So, here are some of my goals for this next cycle:

-Temp more accurately
-BD more consistently in case of early O
-RELAX
-Drink tea and exercise more
-And, Stay positive

While the third and last one may be hard its something I should strive for. I got myself wrapped up in the symptoms this last time and didnt just enjoy the experience. DH and I have decided we need to just relax, BD more often and let it happen. In the meantime, I'm going to have some fatty waffles for breakfast this morning, a hot bath and a glass of wine this evening and do a little reflecting on this last cycle. Then, it's time to chart!

Until next time...
February 12th, 2012, 05:13 PM
That sounds like a good plan. I got way too wrapped up in symptoms this cycle, too. I know temping and BFNs can be frustrating, but I encourage you to keep up with the temping. If you do end up needing help, the information will be invaluable. I hope you get your BFP soon!

February 13th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Update:

Well, temping seems to be going well so far. I've slept long enough to have somewhat reliable results. So far they're staying in the low 97s range so I'll be looking for a dip and some EWCM in the next 7-10 days. AF came with full force last night..was not pleasant. Usually only last 3-5 days though so I'm hoping she'll let up soon. Luckily I haven't had any cramps or mood swings with this AF so its been nice to bond with DH and him not think I'm a crazy *****. Tomorrow we both have to work so we'll probably just spend our Vday grabbing a quick lunch and snuggling later that evening. He's been a good support system the last couple days when I've felt down. Hopefully this new outlook on charting will pay off and we'll get a sticky bean in march.

Until next time...
February 14th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Update:

Happy Valentines Day everyone! Love love love everywhere including BFPs .

Well, today AF has slowed her flow (hehe I crack myself up) which is good because last night I was feeling a little crampy with some headaches. In a couple days I should receiving my OPKs I ordered online, which will be good because I have a strange feeling I'll O earlier than last cycle. So hopefully they'll get here in time so I can start tracking that. In the meantime, I've been drinking at least a glass of green tea a day and charting my temps. They're looking good so far. Wish me luck...

Until next time..
February 15th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Update:

Well today the witch is virtually gone. Thank goodness. It was a short one this cycle. However, that means the mailman is late with my OPKs! Hoping to start testing them in a few days. DH and I have been so busy we haven't been able to practice our BDing . Hoping to change that soon, especially since we're already on CD 4. Before you know it I'll be in the TWW. So far the temping is continuing to go well. The temps aren't taken at a consistent time but they seem to be staying within what seems normal for the beginning of a cycle. Hoping to see some really changes around O time, then I'll feel more confident in my temp taking abilities haha. In the meantime, I'm going to continue with the green tea, carrots, and all those other things that have been suggested and wait for my OPKs.

Happy Wednesday everyone!
February 17th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Update:

Well the witch is finally gone and with that comes the anticipation for testing out my OPKs. I finally received them in the mail today so I had to test one out of curiosity. Mind you..I"m on CD 6. Here was the result.

Last month's cycle I don't think I got this faint pos till at least CD 10 or so. Heck, I didn't even test CD 6. Needless to say, I think I'll be O'ing early. Thing is...I'm not worried about BD timing or whether I've been eating right or anything. I'm worried about catching the eggie and it implanted. FX. I'll keep the progression pictures coming. Thanks in advance for feedback.
February 19th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Update:

Well today's cycle day 8...I've taken a few more OPKs the past couple days and the lines have only gotten slightly darker. Definitely not as dark as last months. Hopefully within the next couple days I'll see a difference. The only good news is DH and I have been Bding frequently so maybe when my eggie is finally released itll be caught. I was naughty on Friday and had a couple drinks with my BIL and SIL. I don't anticipate it will affect it much but I had to slap myself on the wrist for doing so. Symptom wise I think I've only experienced some slight bloating, and a feeling of achiness. My hips especially. Although, that might be from the BDing.. :/. Temping is still going alright. I've noticed it's still staying within the low 97 range. I'll anticipate at least a degree drop when it comes time to O. FX it happens soon...I'm impatient. lol.

Until next time..
February 20th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Update:

Well...some new developments to my story include these:

Here is a progression of the last 3-4 days of IC OPKs. The last one, that I took this morning, shows what seems to be a more positive result. In addition I experienced a .6 degree drop in my temp and the continuation of watery CM. Hoping that means I'll be O'ing in the next few days. DH and I have tried to BD more frequently this cycle...even toward the end of AFing...(TMI). Unfortunately, we're on different work schedules right now so that limits my resting time after BDing so I hope those little swimmers are fighting gravity. We kind of have to BD on the go. :/ I have been a little less stressed this cycle so thats good. However, it also makes me concerned I'm not thinking about it enough. Kind of a catch 22 huh?!

Well that's all for now. I'll post another OPK in a couple days hopefully to confirm O.
February 20th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Update:

Well, I've had a lot of time to think the past month or so about whether or not Jason and I are truly ready for a baby. Here's what I've determined:

-Financially, we'll never be ready. However, saving up a little bit more wouldn't hurt.

-Emotionally, mentally...there are still a few things we need to figure out with our marriage before we have a baby.

-Physically...I'm not satisfied with my current weight. I'd like to lose at least 15-20 pounds.

-Support, we have plenty of support but a few skeptics who think it may be too early.

Overall, I think we're going to fall into the NTNP category. I'll still temp and keep an eye on my CM to see how my cycles are regulating but I really need to lose some weight for my self-esteem. Since May 2011 I've gained about 15 pounds and its been rough trying to clothing shop and be intimate with DH because I feel so gross. I'm 5'4'' and 163lbs. According to BMI calculators I'm considered "overweight" but I really don't look as bad as it makes it sound. So, with the help of a friend of mine (personal trainer) I'm hoping to get my "beach bod" back within the next 3-5 months and then maybe we'll think about hitting baby making hard.

This way, we'll save up a bit more money. Be more emotionally ready to bring a little one in our lives, and I'll be sitting at a healthier weight before becoming pregnant. In addition, DH and I won't get grief from our relatives about how we're packing on the pounds this first year of our marriage.

I'll still post updates and follow you ladies..I just need some time to get my confidence and health back where it needs to be. (Aka: Blood pressure, weight, stamina, energy).

Until next time...
February 20th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I completely understand Hannah. You do whatever is best for you and your DH, and we will still be here cheering you on and stalking you as well!!!

February 21st, 2012, 01:21 PM
Update:

Well, I worked a terrible night shift at the hospital last night. Came home exhausted and slept hard for about 7.5 hours. My temp jumped back up dramatically. At this point, I'm going to continue taking temps but I'm so confused about what they mean. I've read they drop and jump after O, and they can drop randomly before O too. :/ I'm about 4 days out of where I was with O last month. According to my OPKs I thought I'd O here in the next couple days...however the tests are still BFN. I've got another difficult evening at work so I"m hoping the stress isn't delaying ovulation. I do have some left sided twinges so I wonder if it's just gearing up or if I have a bad batch of OPKs this round. Either way, I should probably BD with DH just in case.

Well, that's all for now. Symptom wise I'm just tired and a bit achy. But, that could be from walking around at work too.

Until next time..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search