One of these months my "pregnancy symptoms" will be real!

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Hi, I'm Laurel! I'm 30 and trying to conceive my second child. My daughter is nearly 4, conceived without even trying (what a blessing), and we have been pregnant again twice (probably three times, actually) since Jo was born. I miscarried (for sure) in May of 2010 (had to have D&C) and August of 2011 (cleared naturally), and then what I think was a VERY early miscarriage in December 2011 (although I could be wrong). So far, I am not concerned about carrying a pregnancy to term, but if I have another miscarriage or two, that's when I'll be concerned. Maybe I should be now, I don't know.

Hubby and I have been TTC off and on since our miscarriage in May of 2010. I sort of got cold feet for a while and thought I'd chill before "trying" again. So although we have been trying since March 2010, there have been some months we didn't really give it a fair effort. But I'm ready, ready, so ready. I have been trying to lose some weight as I currently weigh sixty to sixty-five pounds more than when I got pregnant with my daughter. That is probably part of the problem.

Here I am swearing up and down that I am having pregnancy symptoms, just like I do every other month. What am I feeling? Slight twinges/cramping mostly, and pressure. Is that weird? Pressure in my lower abdomen. Never can say I've had that symptom before. And the other day at work, I could smell EVERYTHING...

Well, I suppose I should know within a week if I'm pregnant or just imagining things!!
February 17th, 2012, 11:10 AM
So, I did what I was trying not to do and took a pregnancy test. Of course it was negative, but I didn't anticipate that it would be positive anyway because it's so early still. I don't know whether or not to trust my body anymore, I guess I'm just so excited that every little twinge could be a life growing inside me.
February 18th, 2012, 02:26 PM
More crampy feelings last night, definitely not ovulation pain, definitely not menstrual cramps. I remember when I was pregnant with Johanna, we hadn't been trying, and I had no idea. I just thought my period was late because I had been having cramps. Turns out I was pregnant...! Ok, I gotta figure out where I am in my cycle. I usually have a 31-33 day cycle, and I am on CD 28. I think I will test again Monday which will be CD 30. But if my test was negative yesterday, I would have thought it should have shown even a faint line by then. I'm trying not to overthink this!!
February 19th, 2012, 09:03 PM
So I haven't had a single pregnancy symptom at all today that I can think of. (A LOT of things can be interpreted as symptoms...) But I'm going to test in the morning. If it's negative, I'll either wait a WHOLE week or until AF comes (and obviously not test), whichever comes first. Cross your fingers for me pretty please! I'll report back. Oh and if it's negative, I'm going to get better and more consistent about charting my temps going forward.
February 20th, 2012, 09:40 AM
lunaverde's Avatar Hoping for #3
So has AF shown up? Let us know! *fingers crossed for you*

I keep thinking I should start charting my temps too. But I've been lazy about getting the correct kind of thermometer. I might just get some OPKs from the dollar store, I'm not sure which way would be better. Or if I should do both. LOL GL to you!
February 20th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Thanks for stopping by! Nope, no AF. I am on CD 30 so AF should show up by CD33 unless I had a late ovulation, in which case I could still be pregnant, but I've come to terms with the fact that it's probably not going to be this cycle. I need to go find some cheap cheap cheap pregnancy tests.

Pregnancy test this morning was negative, so I'm going to just get on with my life for a few days until something happens. But as I was laying in bed last night, those little crampy feelings showed back up. They didn't feel like menstrual cramps, but what do I know anymore?!

I'm sure we probably should be doing both temps and OPKs right now, but I think I'll just start back up with my temps right now. I'm going to wait a bit longer until I undertake more desperate measures. Anyway, I got my thermometer with a natural planning kit I took in like 2004 back when it was more for prevention, ha ha ha, but I know that drugstore.com has the right ones. You know what they are, right? The basal thermometers.

Buy Veridian 60 Second Digital Basal Thermometer & More | drugstore.com

That's not the one I have but it was the cheapest one out there.
February 21st, 2012, 09:29 AM
Today is CD 31. No sign of AF. No cramps. But my cycle has been known to go as long as 35-36 days once in a while.

I am feeling kind of guilty about the two servings of caffeine I had last night, since the chance still exists that I *could* be pregnant. I had a can of pop every day or every other day when I was pregnant with Johanna, but now, knowing that I've had a couple of miscarriages these past few years, I don't want to chance it by doing anything that could contribute to a MC.

If I conceived later than I thought (due to a potentially longer cycle), then I probably wouldn't have a positive test yet. Again, another reason why I am just waiting for AF to come along or I will take another test this Sunday or Monday the 26th or 27th. Stinks waiting!!!! But I'm keeping busy at work since I will be moving teams at work on Monday. (Wow...can't believe I've done the same job for 5.5 years, now moving!)
February 21st, 2012, 11:35 AM
Cramps. Boo.
February 22nd, 2012, 10:03 AM
Still having cramps, they are getting a bit stronger. AF coming soon? Today is CD 32 and my cycles are typically 31-33 day cycles. Anyway! Just an update.
February 23rd, 2012, 08:42 AM
CD 33, no AF yet. Last night and this morning my breasts were HURTING. And they never hurt. So, one of two things. 1. Pregnant (doubtful) or 2. Caffeine (I have had one every day since I mentioned it last). I bet you it's the caffeine!

I think my DH is on board for trying super consistenly next month.
February 24th, 2012, 10:28 PM
CD 34, again no AF. Some cramps. Breast pain!! I gave in and tested and it was negative. Anyway, I just want something to happen, want AF to come or time to pass so I can get a BFP!
March 1st, 2012, 06:25 PM
Well, here I am, CD 6. Nope, I obviously wasn't pregnant, and then I started my new role at work so I'm finally getting back on here. This month we're gonna get it right! ;-)

Tags
miscarriages , secondary infertility , symptoms , ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search