TTC Our First Baby

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2012, 01:40 PM
TTC #1
I'm Amanda and my DH is Nick. We've been married for nearly 5 years and together 8 years. I am a Director of Retail Dining for a large Children's Hospital and Research Center, so I am always around cute little ones. I am also working on completing my Master's Degree in marketing - one month left! Nick is currently a house husband as he is on extended medical leave due to lung damage caused by a chemical at his work. I think that he would be a great SAHD, but know that he would eventually like to go back to work at least part time.

Last month was our first month trying. I wasn't charting or anything, but I was tracking my cervical mucus. I though we had pretty good timing; I even went and picked up some pregnancy tests. Unfortunately, AF showed up and I am now on to cycle 2 of TTC.

I can't say that I really know much about fertility and what would help increase our chances. I have always been so focused on building my education and career that I haven't had much time for anything else. I guess this is a good place to start the learning process.
March 8th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Regular
Hi Amanda...
We are also trying for our first baby...
I hope you fall pregnant very soon!!!
We have been trying for nearly 9 months without success...but I guess our busy lifestyle tends to make things a bit difficult.
So lets hold thumbs!
Regards, M
March 10th, 2012, 04:45 PM
TTC #1
Well, it has been a busy week. Work was just super busy everyday. If I haven't mentioned it, I am the retail dining manager for a large children's hospital that also has a huge research center and the systems administration building attached to it. We have been working on incorporating features from our inpatient dining program into our retail menu so I have been editing signage, creating marketing collateral, and developing initial pars. Maybe I am a dork, but it makes me excited to see all the pieces come together to create a new destination station within our cafe.

On the TTC front - not much news. Today is cycle day 8. I took my first OPK yesterday and it was glaringly negative, not even a hint of a line. I am starting to have some creamy CM, so I guess that is a good sign. I also started researching possible OB practices since I am getting due for my yearly exam anyhow.
March 12th, 2012, 04:21 PM
TTC #1
It is cycle day 10. I had a semi-relaxing day off of work. I went grocery shopping and spent way too much money. The store had a ton of really good deals (10/$10) on a ton of staple items like pasta, canned tomatoes, soup, and frozen veggies. I really stocked up so my next few trips should just be meat and fresh veggies. I have a load of laundry washing and then I can relax the rest of the night since DH is cooking dinner tonight

I've felt pretty positive about the whole TTC thing today. I can tell that there is a change in my CM - its not quite egg white consistency, but very slippery and abundant. I also got a line on an OPK this afternoon. Its about half as dark as the control, but I guess that its signaling that we need to start getting it on.
March 17th, 2012, 12:52 PM
TTC #1
I am quite confused with my body. Since I last posted, I have had 6 positive OPK (before bed on the 12th and mid afternoon everyday since). I don't know what is going on with this...My CM has stayed mostly creamy. I've been searching all over the internet to see what causes this and have seen all different answers ranging from being pregnant the previous cycle (I did only have one day of bleeding and two of spotting but that is not out of the ordinary for me), to having PCOS, or an anovulatory cycle. I don't know where to go from here. Do I take a HPT to see if maybe I did conceive last month? Should I write this cycle off as a loss and start looking forward to what I can do to improve my chances next cycle?
March 24th, 2012, 05:06 PM
TTC #1
I can't believe that it has been nearly a week since I have checked in. It is my last week of finals for my graduate degree. Between working on my thesis project and upcoming projects at work, I have barely had time to sleep let alone stay caught up on the boards.

I guess I am in the waiting game. I'm not really sure when, or even if I ovulated this month, so I am not very hopeful. If I did ovulate, I'm guessing that I am about 7-8DPO so I could probably try taking a HPT in just a few days. I am going to try really hard to hold off though. I just don't think that this cycle was it. I am trying to come up with a few things to do better next month:
-get fertility friend membership and try temping
-schedule an appointment with a new ob/gyn so that I am ready when I am pregnant or if I need help
-increase folic acid
-drink lots of grapefruit juice

Any others?
March 25th, 2012, 10:29 AM
lunaverde's Avatar Hoping for #3
Hi Amandaleigh

I just wanted to suggest a couple of items to help you improve your fertility. Red raspberry tea leaf can help build your uterine lining for when implantation happens. Evening Primrose Oil can help improve the quality of your fertile mucus and a b50 complex will cover all the main b vitamins that your body needs. Deficiencies in b vitamins has been known to cause fertility issues and it also has folic acid which is highly recommended when you're TTC. I'm doing taking these supplements right now.

I haven't done so myself because I am taking dong quai (it has blood thinning qualities) but taking a baby aspirin once a day is supposed to help thin your blood and possibly prevent m/c. Research has suggested women who have issues with m/c might also have blood clotting issues.

I would stop taking the EPO after O since it causes unwanted uterine contractions and can interfere with implantation and I've heard conflicting reports on the red raspberry tea leaf about taking after confirmed pregnancy since I read somewhere that it's one of the main ingredients in most pregnancy teas but I've also read to stop using it once you're pg. I would suggest looking it up for yourself and doing what you feel comfortable with.

You can pick all those things up at your next trip to the grocery store, too.

Meditation and daily walks are also supposed to help.

I HTH girl! Sending you lots of baby dust! I know you'll get your BFP soon.

Luna
AmandaSoon2B likes this.
March 25th, 2012, 03:48 PM
TTC #1
Thank you for all the suggestions! There are so many different items that seem as though they can help. I did pick up the b-complex vitamins today. I feel like my vitamin line-up is pretty good. I do a prenatal, iron, calcium, and now the b-complex. I've also started looking into yoga for relaxation and flexibility, especially as my rheumatologist really recommends it to help prevent any loss of range of motion. I will probably start adding in other items if I'm not pregnant by next cycle.

I went spring/summer shopping today and found a ton of amazing deals. It seems as though many of the current styles are pretty flowing - I could probably wear most of the items all summer long even if I am pregnant. I also stopped myself from buying more HPTs at the drugstore since I already have a few. I am very proud of that act of self control.
March 27th, 2012, 08:03 PM
TTC #1
I guess I am about 9 or 10 DPO. I think that I am having some symptoms. I am exhausted - I could barely stay awake on my drive home and it was only 6:30! I keep alternating between being starving and not being at all hungry. I don't usually have any PMS symptoms other than sore boobs and really bad cramps. Boobs are sore, but not like usual, if that makes any sense. the big decision is whether or not to test.
March 29th, 2012, 06:01 PM
TTC #1
Well, I'm out this month. I wasn't too hopeful to begin with, but it was still disappointing On to cycle two of trying.
March 31st, 2012, 10:57 AM
TTC #1
Its CD 4 for me. I have to say that I was pretty surprised with how mild AF was. Only 3.5 days long, and only one of those was heavier than spotting. I'm hoping that that is within the range of normal and does not signify anything wrong.
April 1st, 2012, 03:27 PM
TTC #1
I've been spending a relaxing Sunday with the husband - the first one in about a year and a half where I haven't had to do homework. Hopefully my grade in the one class that I was concerned about is high enough that I can graduate (I need a B+ since it is a core course for my major). It looked like I was right on the border so hopefully my final is high enough

I was playing on the due date calculator this morning. If I conceived this cycle, my due date would be my birthday! It would be so cool to share my New Year's Eve birthday with my baby. Isn't that crazy?
AmandaSoon2B likes this.
April 5th, 2012, 06:34 PM
TTC #1
Ugg...still waiting for my grade. I need to know now because if it isn't high enough I need to enroll in a class that meets every Saturday starting this week. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

On the TTC front I think that I am about to ovulate. The signs are pointing that way and I am on cycle day 9...
April 8th, 2012, 07:50 PM
TTC #1
YAY! I am an official graduate and proceeded to sign up for a course that is a prerequisite for any certified dietary manager program that I might choose to take, so no real break for me. It should be a pretty easy eight week course since I already do pretty much everything that is covered in it.

We had a super relaxed Easter - went to Easter vigil last night and out for coffee this morning. This afternoon we went to my Mom's for dinner and I totally pigged out. Now we are relaxing watching Game of Throne's. I think I either just O'd or will tomorrow so we will try to get one more BD in. I think our timing was good, unlike last month. Maybe we actually have a chance...
April 15th, 2012, 08:18 AM
TTC #1
I can't believe that it has been nearly a week since I have posted. My boss was on vacation this week, so every day was a 12-14 hour day. It is good to know that I can handle anything that comes up on my own though.

I am on day 7 of the TWW. I do have a few symptoms. My CM dried up for a few days and is now back to being very creamy. I have been exhausted. And my boobs are not as sore as they usually are post O. I hope this all means something. I want it to mean something and not just be me getting my hopes up.

In other news, we bought a new mattress. Ours is about 15 years old and not the best quality. With how much pain I've had recently from my arthritis, we decided to upgrade. We ended up with a sleep number with the adjustable head and foot option. I can't wait to get it.
April 18th, 2012, 06:56 PM
TTC #1
10 DPO - symptoms seem good. I felt a little nausea driving today and have been super thirsty. Boobs are still just a little sore, not as painful as usual. I also had some very mild cramps this morning. I'm thinking about testing tomorrow, but haven't decided yet. What to do, what to do?
April 29th, 2012, 08:34 AM
TTC #1
CD8 - It has been a busy week at work, but really, when isn't it? I've been working on a couple of larger projects - mostly my May promotions and prepping for our new spring menu. Enough to keep my mind off TTC a little bit! I'm starting to get some pretty good quality CM. Right now it is very wet - I bet by tomorrow it is EWCM. Gotta get the husband in the mood so that we can start taking advantage of the good conditions!
May 2nd, 2012, 04:47 PM
TTC #1
Still having a bit of EWCM today, so we are definitely going to give it one more try this month! I'm hoping that this is it and I'll be staring at a BFP in two weeks!

Unrelated to TTC, I am looking into a second Master's degree. It would be a Master's in Food Studies and ties together many of my educational and work experiences! I plan on putting in an application, but am not yet sure if I will enroll if accepted. The thought of paying off two Master's degrees is a little daunting!
May 5th, 2012, 12:55 PM
TTC #1
I am in that pesky TWW - at least I think I am. My CM completely dried up on the 3rd, so I assumed that I ovulated on either the 2nd or 3rd(did not use OPKs this month). Now, just two days later, I am having significant amounts of very creamy CM. I haven't had that happen before. Sometimes a day or so before my period I start to have some discharge, but not at this point in my cycle. What could this mean?

Luckily, I have a ton to keep me distracted from this over the next few days. Nick is off on his annual fraternity weekend, so I have the place to myself. I have two short papers to write for my nutrition class. I would also like to write the essay for my graduate school application (yes, a second masters...I know that I am a dork). I also have a ton of laundry and need to restock my freezer. I've been reading this book entitled Fix, Freeze, Feast that is based on a variation of once a month cooking. I'm thinking that this may be the ideal plan for me and Nick. It still allows everything to be cooked fresh, but the meals are mostly composed in advance. For example, meat and would be frozen with the marinade, a pasta bake would be assembled and be ready to bake. I f I did two or three different recipes each Saturday, I would have a nice stock of meals ready to cook in about three weeks.
May 6th, 2012, 05:40 PM
TTC #1
After talking to the program director, I decided to apply. If I am accepted, I have a full year to accept my offer. This would give me a little more time to think it through. I know in my heart that I want this, but my head (and my husband) will keep focusing on the cost. I think that I would even consider delaying TTC in order to enroll in this program. I guess the goal is to convince the husband. I spent most of the day working on my entrance essay and ordering my transcripts. Now I just need to figure out who to use as references. Hard because I am not close with any professors (I guess that is the drawback of online education).

In regards to TTC, I am still having creamy CM. This is 4-5 DPO and it started at 3 or 4 DPO after being completely dry for three days. That's too early to be a symptom, isn't it? I guess I have to wait a week or so to see. Off to ease the wondering with mocha cookies and cream ice cream!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search