TTC when you already have a child with a chronic life-threatening illness...

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Regular
I'm 30 years old, my DH is 27. We have a beautiful 3 year old that I affectionately call Monster. Monster has Pulmonary Hypertension. It is considered to be terminal. She has a life expectancy range of 5-10 years. Right after she was born, I swore I'd never have another child. Slowly, ever so slowly, my mind started to change for a lot of reasons and a few weeks after I broached the subject with my DH (all the while thinking "WTH am I doing?") he admitted that he wanted another one too.

I got my mirena removed yesterday, and we're going to wait for two cycles before we start officially TTC because I've heard the chance of MC is a lot higher if you get pregnant immediately after the mirena is out.

Both of us have our doubts about doing this, but I have no doubt in my mind that Monster will love having a baby brother or sister. I can't keep her away from babies as it is. We know it will be difficult, especially as monster gets worse... but as I told him "I want a reason to go on after she's gone. I want a reason to smile when everything is going wrong." There is a lot more to it than that, obviously, but ... there it is.

I don't think I'm going to go crazy with the TTC thing. The things I plan on are detoxing my body (working on it), taking vitamins (got some yesterday), eating healther (ehm.. That can start the day I get pregnant, right? *eyes her double cheeseburger* LOL), and.... well, yeah...getting naked and bouncing on the DH regularly.

Last edited by LilBeesMum; May 4th, 2012 at 04:05 PM.
May 2nd, 2012, 03:05 PM
Regular
Well, I decided to just let nature take its course, so we didn't use protection during ovulation time. Now I'm noticing at 3dpo a ton of thick, white discharge. I have no clue what that means. I also know my back has suddenly started hurting sooo bad for the past two days. I really don't expect to get pregnant this cycle, but I'm paying lots of attention to my body. My cervix also feels soft.
May 2nd, 2012, 04:20 PM
Regular
Today I've developed a THICK white (Like milk) CM. Still mild cramping and back is soo bad.
May 3rd, 2012, 05:49 AM
Regular
I wish the mild cramping would stop. It doesn't feel like cramping as much as my uterus is just tightened up and staying that way. Its annoying because its just strong enough that I'm always aware of it. I also dread going to work today because i know my back is going to start hurting again =(
May 3rd, 2012, 09:25 AM
Regular
So tired today. I know why i was tired yesterday, because of crappy sleeping. No excuse for today though.

May 4th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Regular
I've developed soreness in my pelvic muscles...

and also..I gave into the madness and ordered 25 ct Wondfo (sp) pregnancy test strips. Oh lord, here I go...

May 7th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Regular
7 dpo - Lightheaded yesterday and today. Still getting mildly nauseaus. Sharp cramps in abdomen/uterus area.

I tend to get light-headed immediately after i eat. i have no clue why. One would think you'd get light headed BEFORE you ate.

I asked Lily today if she wanted a baby brother or sister. "Baby Bruvver!" was her answer. I asked again to make sure. "Are you sure you wouldn't want a baby sister like baby hannah?"(Hannah is a 9 month old our babysitter watches.) "No!"

Haha. I guess we know what she's rooting for.

I had a super strong feeling even before I got pregnant with Lily that I was going to have a girl. To the point when I actually did get pregnant, I spent like only 2 minutes on boys names "just in case" before I even found out that i was having a girl. This time? Equally strong feeling that I'm going to have a boy.

Hoping for a girl!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search