Another TTC Journal

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Duffy510's Avatar Super Mommy
Last time we TTC, I got pregnant so fast I didn't need a journal. But, I forgot how long, complicated and bloody frustrating TTCing can be - especially when you don't get to try that much. Plus, I figure I'm a writer so I might as well give it a go.

I started cycle#3 yesterday. Cycle #2 was 34 days long, with ovulation on CD24. That's a whole 10 days after most women. My luteal phase was only 10 full days, not quite enough in my opinion. For newbies, I got this all from taking my temp every morning before getting out of bed and using fertilityfriend.com to form a chart. Others use Countdowntopregnancy.com - which is a great site.

Unfortunately, since my last try was unsuccessful, I now have to wait a whole 68 days (sounds sooo long) to try again. That's because husband and I both spend July working like crazy. Regular BDing is not possible, so who knows if it will happen.

I've also got this crazy horoscope thing going on. I'm a Pisces and my son is an Aries. We clash, to say the least. If I TTC in July, I'll have another Aries. One is enough for me. I know that's subjective reasoning but no, you cannot talk me out of it.

So late August it is! I have decided my last failed attempt to make a human (and another Pisces) will not be in vain. I'm going to buckle down and get my health in order. I have started taking Agnus Castus - an herb I got from Whole Foods that is supposed to help regular your cycle by causing you to ovulate sooner (Don't take if you have short cycles!). I have heard great things. I took it during my first cycle (I ovulated on day 17) and then I got lazy in cycle 2 and only took it periodically. Now I'm taking 800mg daily, hopefully that will keep me from going on clomid some day soon.

Also, at 5'3" and 155lbs, I'm a tad overweight. While I only need to lose about 10 pounds to get my body mass index down to normal, they have been the hardest 10 lbs I've ever tried to lose in my life. I've tried dieting and exercising, but they just won't leave! Since I work and have a toddler, I don't really have more time to do anything more.

Alas, I am going to try again, I bought some running pants and some tennis shoes. Even though I have AF now, I'm going to attempt to jog. My diet is already pretty good, I mostly cook for myself and I mix it up pretty well, eat plenty of vegetables, etc. I will try to infuse even more vegetables into my diet, and eat more filling foods like beans and peanut butter for breakfast. My main vice is desserts. I have a wicked sweet tooth. I always keep cookies in the house, so I've got to clean those out.

I hope to get down 5 lbs at least by the end of August. I think that's doable if I work hard. We'll see if I'm more successful this time.

Anyway, this is starting to become more of an essay than a journal post. There's a little about me. I look forward to continuing to read others' journals as I go about this turbulent journey.

June 12th, 2013, 08:34 AM
CD 3
As an aside, I read an archived JM post saying that Vitex can causes you to have pregnancy symptoms and a triphasic chart. This might explain things. I had major bst soreness, fatigue, some stomach upset and smell aversions by CD6. While my temps were still low, below 98 degrees, my chart was also triphasic. I guess I know what to anticipate in about 24 days when I O again.

I jogged around the neighborhood yesterday. Problem is DS takes a nap in the middle of the day when it's quite hot. I also can't jog too far, just around the loop in my neighborhood where I can see the house and hear DS if he cries. That could get somewhat monotonous. I'll see if I'm woman enough to get up early to jog, before DH leaves for work. That sounds sooo not appealing to me, but that's how most people I know get into jogging.

June 19th, 2013, 09:35 AM
CD10, nothing to report. I still probably will not O for another 10-14 days! **** my cycles are long! Luckily I haven't had time to think about it. I haven't even been temping because I know there's no point right now. Plus, I've been busy running around after my 2 year old and pondering the future of my career - or lack thereof.

I try to run a business from my home, but I have my son at home with me all day. I cannot get anything done and don't make enough money for daycare, which is super expensive. Sighs. I don't want to give up on my career, but I just don't know what to do.

Anyway, this is supposed to be a TTC journal so I'll spare everyone from more details of my life. I'll come back in a week or so when I'm closer to ovulating.

June 21st, 2013, 01:42 PM
CD12. Obviously I'm thinking about TTC now because I've written twice in 2 days. I'm bored. It takes too darn long to ovulate. I've still got like 10 days to wait. Grrr. I haven't even temped at all yet this month because I know there's no point. I will start tomorrow morning, if I can remember.

I know I'm not supposed to be trying this month but it gives me something to do. Come on Agnus Castus, work your magic!

June 26th, 2013, 01:42 PM
So if you've read my posts in the forum, I had a couple of false alarms at CD13 and CD14. Had lots of EWCM on both days and thought maybe the Agnus Castus was working really really well.

That evening I took an OPK. There was barely a test line, as if to say "ha, you thought you could ovulate on time? Silly cow."

But, I now have good reason to think that all cylinders are firing now. I took an OPK with FMU this morning. Not positive, but getting there. I also have more EWCM today. It's CD17 today. I'm hoping I can O in the next 3-4 days.

That would be an improvement over last month, where I O'd on CD24. I also hope to increase my luteal phase by at least two days. It's been only 10 days for the last two months. I'm hoping to get it up to 12. Hoping my hippy voodoo magic (agnus castus) can help me out with this too.

In terms of losing weight. Ha, not much progress. I started eating differently. Instead of eating carby things in the morning, I've started eating sandwiches and other solid meals. This makes me less hungry during the day. It would take ages for me to lose weight this way, but I don't really have much time for anything else. I can't seem to get out to exercise so I'll have to work on eating less and cutting bad stuff out of my diet.

Will come back when there's something to report.

July 2nd, 2013, 08:28 AM
Okay, so FertilityFriend speculates my ovulation day was Saturday at CD20. Though, it can be anything from CD18 to CD20. Either way, I positioned myself within 2 days of ovulation. But, I broke my golden rule, I wasn't going to try this month. I thought that if I tried in June I would have a child in early March. Turns out I would have a baby in late March/early April. That's what I was trying to avoid lol. Oh well.

So I've had some pretty good signs and symptoms - all of which could be caused by other things. My temperatures are interstellar compared to what they normally are. This could be the Agnus Castus at work, it tends to raise my temps. I'm also... uh.. well there's a little traffic jam in my tummy. I've tried everything to relieve it, all to no avail. This plus high temps were the first signs I had with DS. We'll see. I'm in TWW land so I'll keep ya'll posted. Here's my chart:

My Ovulation Chart

July 4th, 2013, 03:21 PM
In other news, it's Independence Day. Happy Birthday America! It's now 5DPO and man, I hope I'm pregnant this cycle, otherwise I'm probably sick or something. For the last two nights I've had a low grade fever. I know that the agnus castus tends to raise my temperatures, but that seems like a lot to me. I had 99.68 the night before last (3DPO) and last night it was 99.08.

While I had some pretty good symptoms during the first 3 days after ovulation, I've had a pretty uneventful two days yesterday and today, aside from the high temps. I have a lot of what seems like (pardon my TMI) sticky but EW-like CM.

Sadly (really, sadly?) the constipation has subsided for now. Hope that doesn't mean I'm out!

What else? Oh yeah, I seem to have an excess of spit lately. At 3DPO I bent down to reach for something and choked on spit. Also, when I take my folic acid pills, that I insert under my tongue, I have so much spit it devours is in like two seconds. And, yesterday, I bent down again to get something and slobbered. Eww! That happened when I was preggo the first time.

Mild cramping today. Very mild. It almost feels more tickly than dull and achy. Not AF-like at all. That of course means nothing. It could turn into real cramps this weekend and I could get AF by Tuesday or Wednesday.

I've had some heart burn, which I almost never get, and some gas that I don't usually get.

More interestingly, my hair is falling at! Not like I'm going bald but all of a sudden it's dry, brittle and totally shedding. Because of that, I think I need to start taking my prenatals before I find out if I'm pregnant. If I am pregnant, this could be a sign that I'm lacking some essential vitamins.

I had some leg aches and lots of bloating! All of which is normal for this time of month. I also had some wacky dreams that I now don't remember. Could also be normal. Breasts hurt slightly. While I never used to have this, I had it bad last month and I wasn't pregnant then.

All in all (despite the long post) pretty uneventful. Will keep you posted. I'm not sure if anyone reads these but it's nice to have a record of what's going on. If you are reading, Happy 4th of July!

July 5th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Things changed a bit last night. My breasts hurt a lot before bed and I had some gnarly heart burn too. There's a dull pain moving from my back and shoulders to my boobs. I don't remember ever lifting anything or straining myself. Possibly water retention. Again, I hope I'm not coming down with something!

On that note, I'm a bit stuffy today and wiped some dry blood from my nose this morning. God I hope I'm not grossing people out with these posts! But, TTC is dirty business lol.

The slight cramping subsided yesterday afternoon. I actually feel pretty good right now, but could defo use a massage.

It's going to take all my strength not to test this weekend and waste my money. I will pick up some cheapies at the dollar store today. I'm going to my hometown to hang out with some girlfriends and I'm dropping off the toddler with my parents, so that should take my mind off things until tonight.

Tomorrow I'd better fill my dance card with something, otherwise I might test lol. I am a confirmed pee stick addict. I don't know why I always feel like testing, even when I know I'm not pregnant lol.

July 6th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Ugh this is the longest Tww ever! I guess that is because I thought I ovulated two days before I actually did, so I've already been waiting for nine days and it's only 7DPO. Argh! That's in addition to having to wait an extra 6 days for ovulation. At this rate I'll never get pregnant!

I really don't feel pregnant at all today. Temperatures are down (BBT and daytime temps). I feel great actually. I'm sensing a pattern. In the earlier part of my luteal phase I totally think I'm preggers, then in the later part, I feel fine. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised either way, if I'm pregnant or not. I just have to wait until Tuesday to test! So close yet so far! I don't expect AF until Wednesday but let's face it I can't wait that long!

July 9th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Well it's 10DPO and my temps are down to the cover line again. The cramps are slight but there. I am not sure if AF will show up tomorrow on schedule because the Agnus Castus and B complexes might delay it for a day or two. Regardless, I'm pretty sure I'm out this cycle. My temps just aren't, well, pregnancy worthy. Onward to Cycle 4!

I did take a test yesterday afternoon however. Lol, I'm such an addict I tested as soon as I bought the test strips. Negative of course!

I was a little desperate. After this month, it looks like my next best opportunity to TTC isn't until late August/early September! Ugh. At this rate I'll never get pregnant. DH works literally every single day in July so by the time I ovulate again at the end of the month, he'll be working long nights and we'll both be too tired to BD.

I guess I'll keep taking my Agnus Castus during July, maybe it will improve my chances in Cycle 5. I feel stupid, I had this idealistic vision that I would get pregnant as soon as DS turned 2, within 3 months of trying. Considering how fast I got pregnant last time, that didn't seem too crazy. Now I feel like I should have started this a lot sooner, and that by the time the new one comes along, if another one comes along, my kids will have nothing in common. But what can you do, it's not up to me.

UPDATE - On the contrary, AF appears to be coming a day early! Arg. Oh well, at least my cycles are becoming shorter, I guess. 30 Days is the shortest cycle I've had in a while. Plus, now I've got another two months to lose weight. I lost 5 lbs last month! Maybe I can manage another 5! Trying to look on the positive side.

Last edited by Duffy510; July 9th, 2013 at 04:21 PM.
August 8th, 2013, 09:26 AM
I had a feeling that the one month I took a break from TTC this might happen:

The first photo is from yesterday. The second I took this morning. I'm anywhere between 10-14 DPO today. Bare in mind that I took the photo of the pink dye test about 10 or so minutes after the test so the line looks a bit darker.

I really didn't temp this month until the temperature rise had already happened. Here is a thumbnail for my chart.

As I may have mentioned before, July is a horrible month for us. My DH works every single day of the month (literally) which means I have to work double hard at my own job, take care of DS on my own and do everybody's laundry, dishes, etc. But, DH finished his workload unexpectedly early. We went out for his birthday both on a Wednesday and Sunday. Since I didn't temp, I have no idea which of these did the trick.

I was so sure that I wasn't pregnant this month. I even had some drinks on the days that I we BD (sorry tmi). Normally I would worry that this might hurt my chances. I also got my hair relaxed on Saturday. Baby hadn't implanted yet so I'm not worried about the slight chemical exposure.

On Tuesday I took DS out to his favorite kid's gym. I was expecting my period as I have very short luteal phases and this would have been either 9 or 10 DPO. I had a temp dip that morning to 97.6, some cramps and extreme bloating. But, AF didn't show up. My boobs also started hurting quite a lot. I'm pretty sure this was implantation.

Since AF didn't show the next morning either, I decided to take a test. Wouldn't you know it, it was positive. My reaction was surprise, but I had to laugh. The universe has a funny sense of humor so why shouldn't I.

I'm anywhere from 11-14 DPO. I have no idea. I guess it doesn't matter as long as I know roughly when it happened so that I can tell my OB.

This month was completely different from the last few months in terms of symptoms. This time, I had no absolutely no convincing pregnancy symptoms at all until that implantation day. I had a general disinterest in sex and some water retention which usually indicates that I'm in LP. I also tend to get really really hungry in the lead up to AF. All of this is pretty standard.

Right now I feel fine but my breasts hurt like crazy. I also get tiny cramping, lots of twinges, an occasional sicky feeling and fatigue. Yesterday I took a two hour nap in the middle of the day while DS was asleep. I was soooo tired. Because of my nap yesterday I feel a lot better. I'm also thirsty as all heck! I have no idea if this is because of the pregnancy but I'm a bit stuffy, I feel a tiny bit like I have a cold. I read that this could happen, but it's very slight.

Anyway, I will graduate to the April DDC barring all thing go according to plan. I wish anyone still reading good luck in your journey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search