Mel's TTC journal

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2013, 05:03 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought I would start a TTC journal to keep my impatient self sane during this TTC process .

Here's a little info: I am 25 and DF is 28. This is our second cycle TTC our first child. As mentioned above, I tend to be very impatient and have bad habits of obsessing on the things I want . My BF on the other hand is the opposite lol he is of the view that we will get pregnant someday whenever and he will be happy when it happens.

I learned with my first cycle TTC that this will be a challenging process for my sanity so I will keep this journal to help cope with all the waiting involved. This is why I got the book ''The impatient women's guide to getting pregnant'' which is an interesting read that seems to be written just for me lol.

I'm on CD3 of my usually pretty normal cycles that are between 25 and 27 day long, last cycle I O'd around cd13 (according to OPKs). I've started temping this cycle and hope it will give me information on what's going on in my body and when I am most fertile. I will also be using OPK's from CD9 to whenever they turn positive and then turn back to negative. I've promised myself not to test until either cd24 or 11dpo, whichever comes first.

One important thing for me I think will be to try and ignore any symptoms I get during the TWW. I will keep track of them on FF but I will not let myself analyse them. As they say, the hormones are at work in your body even if you aren't pregnant so what I may be feeling could just be associated to that. Most importantly, obsessing about all the symptoms makes me crazy and want to test too soon .

Otherwise, I want to keep busy this month and also get back to my regular 4 days of exercising per week which I stopped since I had the flu right after O last cycle. I'm going to keep on taking my prenatals, I'll had a DHA supplement and will continue to eat as healthy as I can. That's all for now!

6/12/2013- 8 weeks

Last edited by meld10; October 24th, 2013 at 09:44 AM.
October 21st, 2013, 09:06 AM
cd9 today, time to start using the OPK's .

The one I took this morning (on SMU since it says not to use FMU) was very negative which makes sense considering that I should O around cd13. Looking forward to seeing them turn positive this week.

My impatience is proving difficult to tame today, it seems that Mondays are much longer than any other days and that's when I start counting down the days til I O, then the days til I test and start thinking about due date. Ugh need to stay focused on work.

I think the worse will be during the TWW, hopefully I stay strong on waiting til cd24 or 11dpo before testing.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
October 29th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Well according to FF I O'd on Saturday so today I am 3dpo!

This ''being patient'' thing is hard to keep up. I am waiting until next Tuesday to test, I will only be 10dpo but it will be 2 days before my missed period and cd24 so I'm thinking if I am preg, I have good chances it can show up and if not, at least I have only 2 other days of hoping and testing to do before AF shows up.

In the mean time, work is keeping me busy and we've been pretty busy doing things around our house to prepare for winter. I'll also do some fun things like get a pumpkin and carve it tomorrow to hand out Candy on Thursday. That will be fun! The weekend is also looking pretty busy.

Hopefully time flies by! Needless to say I hope this all leads to a BFP

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
October 29th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Oh and the POAS addict in me is saying that if I see a temp dip that could look like an implantation dip.. and 2 higher temps after that, I may test earlier loL!

Trying to ignore this temptation... we'll see what my temps say until this Sunday as testing any earlier would just be pure torture (even testing at 10dpo seems like possible self-torture).

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
November 5th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Well... I tested on 8dpo (according to FF but I think I O'd on cd13 which would have made me 9dpo) and I first thought I saw a shadow on the Wondfo so I took an FRER:

IRL there was no squinting involved, one true very early BFP! It's still freaking me out that I got it so early, I was cd22 when I normally start spotting on cd25.. Today is cd24 and I haven't even missed my period yet and have been getting darker BFP's for 3 days in a row now! I am still so cautious about this all the while trying not to stress about it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this little been sticks. There are no words to describe how lucky and blessed I feel of having gotten a BFP in our second month of TTC. I know many ladies do not have that chance and I just wish I could shorten everyone's TTC journeys.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
November 6th, 2013, 02:28 AM
Here is two tests separated by 48 hours

Today is cd25 so pretty much when I would start spotting pretty constantly. There is none of that and with such a darker test I'm really starting to feel how real this all is! I can't believe we are going to have a July baby <3

6/12/2013- 8 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search