TTC our first TR miracle

TTC Adventure

TTC Journals, Pictures Place, & TTC Grads

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree39Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC Adventure LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2014, 02:48 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Can't believe you're still on the same cycle. This is your longest yet isn't it? Ugh, how frustrating.

I hope AF comes soon so you can get onto the next. Thinking of you. And i know the job frustrations. I have a Bachelors and I'm still doing CNA/Tech work at the hospital on 12hr shifts. I'm SO sick of wiping butts and pushing meds. I know my brain is capable of more and most days I can complete my work in less than 3 hrs. *sigh* But I know only working 3 days a week allows me so much more time with family which I can't give up right now, especially while we're trying for more.
January 9th, 2014, 10:37 AM
dlammers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
CD 64!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I was having some positive hpt's but yet again it was all in my head. The nurse said that if I still haven't gotten AF by Monday then we will have to do an ultrasound to make sure nothing is wrong. I wish they would have just done one when I was there on Dec. 19th just in case I have a cyst or something. So more waiting......

Another dilemma I am having is trying to decide if I should go on birth control next cycle as well as the following cycle just so that I can have regulated periods and not such a long one. I am leaning toward taking the pills just so I don't have to wait so long for IVF...but then again I think that I am wasting a month that we could possible get pregnant naturally. So I am trying to make a decision on that so that when AF does finally decide to show up, I have a plan in place.

January 13th, 2014, 09:27 AM
CD 68

I have an appointment tomorrow with the nurse practitioner in my RE office. We are going to do a scan and hopefully get some answers. I really hope that we can figure something out.

I have decided that I am definitely going to take the pill next cycle while waiting for my blood work to get done because I am not going to suffer through another long cycle like this. It's ridiculous!!! Hopefully tomorrow I will come back with some good news. I keep thinking that now that I got this appointment scheduled af is just going to magically show. Hopefully it will and it will save me a trip.

January 15th, 2014, 09:49 AM
CD 70

I had my appointment yesterday. The doc had some trouble finding my ovaries. I ended up doing some blood work to try and figure out why I haven't gotten my period. Here are the results:

HCG - negative
Estrogen - 141.9
Progesterone - 4.63
AMH (ovarian reserve) - Pending (hopefully have results by end of the week)

So they said that this indicates that I have ovulated and should be getting my period within the next 2 weeks. YAY! And then next cycle I get to start birth control pills. I am so happy because I was really bummed that I had to waste a whole cycle on blood work and the sonohystrogram. But now I get to do it all (blood work, sono, and bcp) all in one month. So we are still shooting for March ivf, considering all goes well between now and then.

I have a renewed energy in ttc and really hoping for the best.
Hopolka likes this.

January 15th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Oh yay. Thank goodness for ovulating. Unfortunately it's the waiting game but I'm super optimistic for your March IVF. FX!!
dlammers likes this.
January 17th, 2014, 01:39 PM
CD 1 FINALLY! I have to go get blood drawn on Sunday. I start birth control tomorrow. Then On January 28th, I have my sono and DH has his SA. I am on the schedule for March IVF!!! YAY! I am so excited!
swtneka likes this.

January 28th, 2014, 05:24 PM
I had my sonohystogram today. It went so well! The doctor took a look at my uterus and said that that I have a "textbook uterus". She said that it looks very good and healthy. That made me so happy. I have a phone call next Tuesday with the doctor to go over my plan of care. YAY!!!!
swtneka likes this.

February 4th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Well today is CD 19. I start week 4 of birth control on Saturday. I had my phone consult with Dr. Ramey today and it looks like I will be doing another cycle of bcp and starting ivf meds (injections) on March 17th! It's still a while away but I am so thankful that we at least have a date in mind. He also said that all my labs look really good. All my hormones are good and my ovaries are very fertile. I was a little concerned what my thyroid level would show but it came back at 1.12 and they are looking for anything less than 2.5. YAY!!! Tracy SA was good. He has 259 million swimmers and the normal range is 20 million. His morphology is a little low at 6% (they like to see it at 12-14%) but the doctor said that it will still be ok and we will do a conventional insemination. After I start the injectables, I will be monitored to see how my follicles grow. Once I have the right size and amount of follicles, I will go in for retrieval, which is outpatient surgery, and they will inseminate them and let them fertilize for 5 days. We are hoping for at least 2 embryos, if we get more we will freeze them. We plan on transferring 2 embryos and with that the dr. said we have about a 50-60% chance of conceiving! I am ok with those odds. So now, more waiting...but this time I am ok with the wait. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry for the long story. I am just writing all this so that I can come back and look at it later. I don't want to start a blog right now because we aren't telling everyone about the ivf. And my husband's ex-wife is very nosey and searches for me on the internet sometimes. After the ivf and it's successful, then I plan on starting a blog.
Hopolka likes this.

February 4th, 2014, 05:23 PM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
Gl Danielle!
dlammers likes this.

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

February 10th, 2014, 01:46 PM
CD 2! I had a very short cycle with being on birth control pills. Really weird for me! So I call my dr. and I am supposed to start another pack of bcp tonight. I am just supposed to take the active pills and leave the placebo pills out of it. I am also supposed to start taking one baby aspirin a day. I am so excited that things are starting to move forward with this. In about one month and one week, I will be starting injections and it will really be real! OMG!!! Can't wait for this adventure and I pray that it will give us the gift we have been trying so hard to have for almost 2 years. I am staying very positive and not thinking "if" we get pregnant but "when" we get pregnant. Hopefully I don't jinx myself.
swtneka and Hopolka like this.

February 10th, 2014, 03:12 PM
This is so, so exciting!! Praying this month flies by for you and so glad to see your cycles aren't 60+ days anymore!
dlammers likes this.
February 13th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Got my calendar! Start meds on March 17th. Ultrasound and Lab on March 21st and 24th. Hopefully retrieval on March 26th and transfer on March 31st! Hope everything works out!
swtneka and Hopolka like this.

February 25th, 2014, 08:01 PM
swtneka's Avatar Praying for a miracle
Just checking in for an update.... got everything crossed for you!

Thanks bonnie for my siggie

February 28th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Thanks Sonica! No update at this point. Just waiting for the middle of March to roll around. I have my baseline ultrasound on March 10th, then start meds on March 17th. It's getting closer and I am super excited!

March 4th, 2014, 08:02 AM
IT'S MARCH...finally. I am 13 days away from staring the meds and 22 away from retrieval. I am so excited but starting to get a little nervous. But I am keeping a positive attitude and am really confident that this is going to work for us. We have an appointment a week from today to have a baseline ultrasound done and sign a bunch of paperwork. Then after I start my meds on the 17th, we have appointments on the 21st and 24th, so time will go fast for me I think. Anyway, not much else going on just waiting, waiting, waiting.
Hopolka likes this.

March 4th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Ahhh! So exciting! Anything fun going on to pass the time until then? You should plan a weekend away or do something fun with the kids before all the craziness starts.
March 5th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I actually don't have anything planned really. I just mentioned to DH that we need to go to Sioux City so we can get a little shopping done for DS because he has baseball pictures on the 17th and his first game on April 6th. I am pretty sure his pants don't fit him anymore. But other than that...just normal busy life.

March 19th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Just a quick update... Today is CD 6. I am on day 3 of meds. Bravelle in the morning and Menopur at night. I haven't had any real side effects, except for the occasional headache. I am not feeling any different at all actually. I have an ultrasound and lab on Friday (CD 8) here in Norfolk to check follies. Then again on Monday, March 24th. Hopefully everything stays on track and we still get to do the retrieval on March 26th, which is just ONE week from today!!!! At this point, I am just praying that I am a lucky one that will get lucky on my first IVF cycle. I am trying to stay optimistic and keep my stress levels down. TRYING being the prime word there!
Hopolka likes this.

March 20th, 2014, 07:29 AM
So exciting!! That's so soon! Glad you're not having a bunch of side effects. A gf of mine had this done and gained a bunch of weight with all the hormones and said she had terrible mood swings. FX it stays sxs free for you!
dlammers likes this.
March 27th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Well it's official! I have my retrieval is set for tomorrow, March 28th and transfer for April 2nd! I have 23 follies on my left and 32 on my right. I am having a little problem with high estrogen level but I am taking a pill to help combat OHSS. And I am also taking the advice of some of my JM friends and drinking as much as I can and eating salty foods.
Hopolka likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search