kbpeanut (Karin) & RobynL (Robyn) / DDB Chat Thread

Inside the Candy Castle

A place for DDBs to chit and chat!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RobynL

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inside the Candy Castle LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2012, 06:03 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Just getting this started!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
October 16th, 2012, 10:06 AM
RobynL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just found this! Yay! How's everything going with you and scooter? Have you had your GDD test yet? I found that as soon as I hit the 7 month mark my back started killing me, I started eating like a pig, and I am so very tired/irritable. I bet you are really wishing we could be friends in person after hearing all those great qualities about me

But honestly I'm finding it a lot harder being pregnant now with a toddler running around! How are your studies going?

I promise to check this more often now that i know it is here! I wish there was a jm app for my cellphone though, would make it much easier for me to pop on and off throughout the day!
kbpeanut likes this.

Thanks Vicki for my always awesome siggy!
October 16th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Hi!!! So glad you popped in! Things are going well for me...but I'm in the same boat as you were when you hit 7. As soon as I hit 6, I developed a pretty nasty case of sciatica...which is no fun. Plus, just this week, I've been eating like a cow! I think Scooter is having a growth spurt!

School is great! I will be done with all four programs at the end of this term in November! I got my school to transfer credit from my undergrad program to make up for my final course, which I would have had to take next term...which starts in January. Talk about bad timing! But now I don't have to take that class at all!

I bet having to be pregnant and chase a toddler is totally consuming! I don't know how you do it!

I use Forum Runner for my phone! I had it on my Android phone, and now on my iPhone. It is SO easy to check in here that way! Give it a try! I think it was like $1.99 or something nominal, but honestly, i use it ALL the time!

October 18th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Sweet, I will check that out. Always looking for apps to make my life easier. So random question, but.... Do you get to work with all those cute animAls you post on Facebook? I always wondered what the life of a zookeeper was like and if it is all cute animals and roses or just a lot of poop shoveling? . It must be pretty fun cause zookeepers (at least at the SF zoo) are always super nice and friendly and eager to answer questions for people, but I wonder about all that poop! Ok enough about animal poop!

What classes are you planning on taking before birth? CPR, labor techniques, breast feeding? Last time around I took breast feeding and CPR and am deciding what classes to do this. Time around.

October 18th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Heehee, most of the pics I post on Facebook are from a site called Zooborns - a site that pretty much just compiles pictures of baby wild animals from around the world.

I work with goats, primarily. Since I'm just a volunteer right now, I don't have actual animal duties. But yes, most of the keepers job is not glamorous at ALL. Everyone thinks "Awww, I want to be a zookeeper so I can play with animals all day." Ya, not even close!

There is MUCH poop-scooping!! MUCH MUCH MUCH! And cleaning of enclosures, etc. Food prep is almost always part of it, which, depending on what animals you work, can be pretty dicey. (Last place I was, I had to chop up various animals to feed to lions and tigers. I was pretty much a glorified butcher.).

However, that being said, zookeepers usually LOVE their job. They are professional pooper scoopers, but they do it because they CARE about the animals. So, I'm not at all surprised that they are friendly!

But yes, a life with animals = a life with poop. Guess it's preparing me for children, eh!?

My classes....not 100% sure on all of them yet. We are definitly taking a prepared child birth class (basically one that covers all the stuff about the hospital, different laboring techniques, what to expect, etc.). We will very likely also take Infant CPR, assuming that isn't part of the childbirth class. We are debating on taking a class on Infant Care too. I have another JM friend who is a bit farther along, who just took that class at her hospital, and she said it was really helpful! I am going to play that one by ear.

How about you? What classes are you taking?

FYI, random, I was thinking about this the other day. Whenever I go to Burlingame to visit my brother, SIL, and niece, we always walk around downtown. There is an ADORABLE baby boutique called Baby Couture that I always visit. Everything in there is RIDICULOUSLY expensive, but also RIDICULOUSLY soft and cuddly. I still haven't bought anything there, and probably won't, but if you're ever milling about downtown Burlingame, it's worth a stop-in just to feel the softness of their layette

October 24th, 2012, 11:04 PM
That's too funny, I have been to baby couture once and only once. It is about a 10 minute walk from my house and on a very popular/ trendy street so we walk past it often. When I saw was pregnant with dd I saw a cute onesie in there, looked at the $55 price tag and exited the store immediately! Seriously there stuff is cute, but I can't even rationalize buying myself a $55 t shirt let alone a 3 month old who will wear it 3-4 times tops. The store actually moved a block off burlingame ave early this year so I haven't walked by lately and been lured in again. Instead I find myself browsing in Janie and jack and exiting with 1 or 2 clearance items

As for classes I'm thinking of doing another CPR class to refresh my memory. I'm going to see what other classes are offered when I do my hospital tour in November. Can't believe how close it is getting! Less than 10 weeks left.

October 25th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Wow, you must live ridiculously close to my brother/SIL! The store (where it is now, off B-Game Ave) is a 10 min walk from their house! Whenever I'm there, we're always walking around the area, and I always stop in just to oogle and touch. But ya, like I said, I can't see myself EVER buying anything in there for those prices! I like B-Game's Baby Gap...it's way better than the ones by us for some reason.

Wow, I can't believe you have less than TEN WEEKS!!!! OMG!!!

October 28th, 2012, 10:53 AM
I know! This pregnancy has flown by for me. I remember last time around the weeks felt like eternity! 9 weeks from today I will be 40 weeks exactly! Yikes! Where did the time go? I love the baby gap on burl ave, also I'm a big fan of the gymboree and stride rite there too. We took cami yesterday morning trick or treating there and had a great time! You will have to let me know next time you are visiting here so we can meet up with the kiddos!

I had my first of two showers yesterday, thrown by my step mom mostly a family event. It was Nice and I scored with lots of diapers yay! When is your shower going to be? Are you excited? I have another more local one next weekend set up by girl friends which should be fun too! Ooh and I go to the dr. Tomorrow night for a check up. Can't wait to find out if baby boy has turned yet, I sure hope so! Also I think I will schedule my hospital tour too!

What is new with you, hubby and scooter?

October 29th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Fun shower! We had ours on Oct 20, back in Chicago, and it was fab! It was also mostly a family event, with a few family friends mixed in. It was a great time, and we got a great ton of stuff for Scooter! I still need to make an update about my shower, as several people from my older boards have asked for it!

We just registered for our Childbirth Prep class - we are taking it in the middle of Dec, about 6 weeks before my EDD. That includes a hospital tour as well, which I'm very excited about!

Other than that, we're doing great...nothing new. DH travels for work all the time, so he's busy, and I'm trying to get everything planned for the nursery so that when the new carpet is put down, I can go to town!

November 8th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Just stopping by to say hi and complain! Uhhhh I'm starting to feel really uncomfortable. Sleeping it tough! My hips are killing me and I have tons of pelvic pressure. I don't remember any of this last time around, although that could be because I blocked it out mentally! I am onto my last 2 week appt and will soon start going weekly! Yikes! I'm glad your shower went so well, the pics were great and I loved the baby motorcycle rocker. It was awesome!

November 8th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I hear ya on the hip pain! I am FTM, so can't compare anything to "last time", but I know that it hurts. I just started noticing it this past weekend. I am SO thankful for my Sleep Number bed...it has made all the difference (along with my Snoogle) for sleeping. My sleep is only awakened now by heartburn and potty breaks. Blech.

Wow! Already on weekly appointments! That's crazy! I am thinking at my next appointment next Wed she will move me to every 2 weeks. I also have my glucose test tomorrow morning (blech blech), soooo not looking forward to that!

November 26th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Hi Hi!
How you doing??

December 17th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Just checking in! How are you feeling??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search