marybeth76 (Mary Beth) and Swaddlestar (Karen)

Inside the Candy Castle

A place for DDBs to chit and chat!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inside the Candy Castle LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi DDB! Just making us our own thread. Hope you are having a great day so far!

October 11th, 2012, 03:26 PM
swaddlestar's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks my dear! It was a hectic one but I'm finally home!

Work is beating me up...all of our Christmas stock is coming in and they send so much at once that it's a bit overwhelming. Plus my partner, who I relied on to do the lifting and ladderwork, fell on her knee this weekend and tore her ACL! So it's just been me all week trying to keep up and it's exhausting.

I'm also anxiously waiting for my glucose results. Seeing so many people post: I failed! has me nervous. Have you figured out when your follow-up is going to be?

October 12th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You took it on Monday right? I bet if you don't hear today then it means you passed. I hope you did! I've got my 3-hour scheduled for a week from today. I'm soooo glad I put it off since the abx I'm on are making me sick already, I'd definitely be puking everywhere if I had to drink that crap, lol.

Christmas stuff already! So crazy. We were out shopping a couple days ago and I saw all the aisles of decorations and trees and lights and things. Usually it's annoying how early it all starts but I'm excited for it this year and I can't wait to decorate

Be careful with the lifting and especially on ladders!!

October 12th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Oh, trust me, I'm not going on ladders! I've worked at the same store for over 9 years and have a bunch of "mother hens" that won't let me lift anything, push anything, etc. They scold me for trying to do too much as it is- I couldn't imagine how much trouble I'd be in if they caught me on a ladder.

I'm excited about Christmas and a bit anxious at the same time. I've always loved Christmas, even working retail has not ruined it for me. DH & I got married on December 30, 2000 and had a Christmas themed wedding. Then Tori was born in 06 on December 31. It's just such a special time of year and this year we add the anticipation of little Eli's arrival.

This year will be a hard one for our family though. Back when I joined the boards- I'm not sure if you remember my post- but my brother-in-law committed suicide back in June. He was my husband's only sibling and the aftermath that it has had on the family has been pretty horrific. My MIL has always been a strong-willed tough-shelled, woman and unfortunately so is my SIL. They are alot alike and instead of coming closer together during this tragedy, they fight more. It's just awful.

December would have been his 34th birthday and his 11th anniversary. So while I'm excited about our upcoming addition and the general joy of the season, I know that there will be some very sad times mixed in and possibly some heated fights.

October 15th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh that's awful I hope that you will still be able to celebrate and enjoy some of the special moments of the holiday season and the impending arrival of your new little one, but I'm sure that's going to put a big damper on things. It's too bad that the family members can't pull closer together for support instead of fighting Maybe as time passes they will be able to do that more.

That's great that your co-workers are taking care of you! Sounds like a nice place to work

I don't know about you but I'm ready for some cooler weather! It was nice in the mornings over the weekend but back to being muggy and gross today *sigh*

October 15th, 2012, 03:47 PM
I hear ya about the weather. It was downright muggy when I went out to lunch today. Then it rained in the afternoon I see all these nice looking sweaters and cozy pajamas at work and it makes me want cool weather. Luckily I only have a few weeks left till I go on my girls weekend to New Jersey. Then I'll get to break out an actual coat!

Speaking of work, I work at the department store Bealls. Not the outlet, the dept store. Do you have one of those near you?

October 16th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ohhh I love Bealls! We have one right down the road a bit. I always go when my mom is visiting and we spend way too much money lol. My mom is a ridiculously huge shopper and she's a bad influence on me, lol. I got a great deal on my skechers from there, the GoWalks, and they are my favorite pair of shoes I think I've ever owned. They are soooooo comfy.

It was a little nicer out this morning so the kids and I went for a walk. I am SOOOO ready for cooler weather. At our old house, we used to open the windows at night when it was cool out and I loved it so much. That was when the kids slept in our room though; I think I'd be scared to open the windows with them in their own room across the house, but at least we can crack open our bedroom window and let some of the chilly air in, if it would ever get here! I guess we're going to have another steamy Halloween. It's so hard to pick costumes because you never know if your kid is going to sweat or freeze, lol.

October 18th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Wanted to wish you luck tomorrow morning. I'm gonna be there right at 7AM. I didn't get signal in there last time but I can try again tomorrow. I'll bring your cell # and try to text you if it will go thru.

I wanted to share in your puke phobia confession. I am an absolute freak about it too. I would rather get hit by a bus than throw up. I'm so lucky I never had morning sickness with either baby...I think I might have died. I've been pretty lucky in life and have pretty much avoided it at all costs. There was only one time I remember that was just awful. During my 2nd laparoscopy they found endometriosis on my appendix so they had to keep me under longer and remove it. I could not stop throwing up when I woke. They wound up keeping me overnight because I had nothing left to bring up. It was pure misery!!

On a more cheery note, you mentioned Halloween. Do your kiddos know what they want to be? My girl wants to be Minnie Mouse. My mom has offered to sew her costume.

October 18th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck to you too!! I am not looking forward to it, but at the same time, I'm absurdly excited because I'm ready to get it OVER WITH. I HATE having things hanging over my head, ugh. I just reallllllllly hope I don't puke.

How long are you fasting? I'm going to stop eating after supper here in a bit. I've read to fast for 8-12 hours. I guess I'll be fasting for around 10 hours. I sure wish they would've told me instructions

My son is dressing up as Ironman *sigh* I miss picking out their costumes myself lol, but I guess it's not really about ME, boo. Aria wants to go as a doctor I think, but I might try and talk her into something else, lol. We'll see. She loves Firestar (from the old 80's cartoons) and I think that would be pretty dang cute.

October 19th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How did it go today??

October 19th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Phew, finally got online!

I did surprisingly well! I got there at 6:45 and I'll be darned if there weren't already 9 people in line in front of me! I got my first draw @ 7:30 and drank the orange soda. Settled in and found I had no signal on my phone and could not get any internet either. But I'd brought my laptop and Kindle so I could still be entertained. I put on my headphones and chose to watch one of my favorite Jane Austen movies on the laptop-it was 2 hours and 15 minutes long and ended right when I had my last draw. I would unplug at the mark, get blood drawn and then come back out and watch more. It made the time pass really quick! Had a really nice tech and I put two chairs together and put my feet up between hours...other patients probably thought I was rude but oh well- they didn't have to be there for 4 hours!

I brought water to sip off but was careful to only sip when I was really really thirsty. When it was all done I ate the banana in my bag and then drove off to meet DH for lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant. I swear I inhaled those chips and salsa!!

How did you fare?

October 19th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like it went just as well for you as it did for me!! I got a little bored toward the end but other than that it was a piece of cake. Totally made more out of it than it was, lol. I'm soooo glad it's over, now just praying I pass!! Either way at least that is done.

November 25th, 2012, 07:14 PM
So how are you doing? I see that you are nervous about how big he is like I am. I go back to the doctor Tuesday so she can tell me what she thinks about my ultrasound results. I'm (kinda sorta) hoping that she will take me out of work soon. I feel so dang useless there and being on my feet is starting to take it's toll on me. Do you still have photo shoots lined up for clients or are you almost done?

I got a huge chunk of his nursery finished this weekend: mural painted, crib built, some of his laundry done. Next will be packing the hospital bag, building the swing, and decorating the rest of the house for Christmas. How prepared are you feeling?

November 26th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha, prepared. Not at all! lol! I need to wash all his clothes. He's not having a nursery though, just gonna be in our room so all that involves is moving the pack 'n play in there.

I do have 2-3 photoshoots left, ugh. I wish I were through. I still have several to finish editing too. I will be SO happy when I am finished and get to have a nice, long break. Sounds like you are ready for a break too!! I can't believe we're going to be holding our little ones soon, eeeek.

Did you share pics of his nursery? I want to see!

November 26th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Almost done with nursery! Pictures coming soon I promise!

Sometimes editing pictures is the worst part! I dabble in photography so I can sympathize. I did a wedding back in the 1st trimester and I kept falling asleep and drooling on my laptop when Photoshop was open! Then I'd wake up and be zoomed in on someones nose or I'd completely screwed up the color balance.

Do you have a website for your business? I love getting inspiration if you wouldn't mind sharing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search