MammaWannaBe (Meredith) and 1stbaby (Holly)

Inside the Candy Castle

A place for DDBs to chit and chat!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inside the Candy Castle LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2012, 03:37 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad the roids are cleared up! Sometimes I find it's hard to tell when to know when it's time to go into the OB. You know when something is really a problem.

I have my 34 week apt tomorrow and I'm almost tempted to ask my OB to do an internal exam to see if anything is going on, I just have such pressure down there! I know it's probably normal and I won't be the first woman who is convinced she is going to go into labor early, knowing me I'll be like a week and a half late or something crazy like that! I really feel like early Jan is going to be her time, but the idea I may not have her till the week of Jan 20th is terrifying! I'm at that point where I can't imagine this going on much longer.

I think you'll deliver before Christmas. And hey, if you deliver on the 22nd, she and I will share a bday I agree I would feel bad if my child had a Christmas Bday although I think the 26th would be even worse. But things don't always go as planned and I am sure that you will find ways to make Peyton's bday special if it lands on one of those days

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
December 6th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope you are right that I go prior to Christmas. I would love to have her hear for the holidays.

I commented to Addy this morning that I wish Peyton would come early and she told me to go to the kitchen and cut her out already. Who needs boys with girls like her?

It's hard to believe I will be full term come Monday. I have had a few sessions that have lasted 1+ hours of BH's but in the end they always go away. She is still high up and really shows no sign of wanting to come early. A girl can wish though as long as she is healthy and ready.

I am still waiting for the going home outfit and the gifts from the baby to my girls to get here too that I ordered online.

December 19th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Hey I just saw this, sorry sometimes I stink at checking this part of the DDC!

haha Addy is hysterical, but yes pretty practical idea. It must be frustrating knowing you are so close, but still no progress. I've never been through this before but I know babies are unpredictable so things could pick up at anytime and for your sake I hope that they do! A Christmastime baby would be really exciting actually, even a NYE baby!

I feel torn between wanting her out asap and also feeling really guilty because I'm just 37 weeks on Sat. I want her to grow and stay in as long as possible for her health, but for my own aches and pains and anticipation, I want her here! I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but it would be cool if she came a bit early. I'm not sure what's harder the beginning of pregnancy or the very end!

December 31st, 2012, 01:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How are you feeling and doing? It's hard to believe my little girl is over a week old already. It's been hard for me to get on with all 3 girls at home.

December 31st, 2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stbaby View Post
How are you feeling and doing? It's hard to believe my little girl is over a week old already. It's been hard for me to get on with all 3 girls at home.
Hey! I kept meaning to text you, but I wanted to give you your time and I have no idea how busy you are and can't even imagine! Wow Peyton was born a week ago! That is crazy, reminds me that time is actually going by and I might actually have this baby soon!

I am just over it. So over it. I'm having such aches and pains and issues and I just want her here. I know I'm just over 38 weeks and it's selfish to want her out, but gosh I do. I started to have some cramping today that I was hoping would progress, but it went away. Oh well, hopefully the practice means the real thing is coming soon! I have my 38.5 week apt on Wed so fingers crossed for some sort of news.

I can't imagine three kids at home. Do you find you have time to bond with the baby? I was thinking about that, how do you deal with the demands of an infant and the emotional/physical demands of older children? How are they liking her?

January 1st, 2013, 09:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Things are a lot easier this time than they were when my 2nd was born. My older girls have been playing really well together. Plus Peyton is by far my easiest baby so far. She sleeps a lot and hardly ever fusses. I am able to put her down in the swing or rock n play sleeper and get a few things done.

My oldest daughter wants to hold her nonstop. My middle daughter wants nothing to do with her at all.

I really hope baby Vivi comes soon for you. The last trimester is just so hard. Are you 100% ready with your bag packed?

January 1st, 2013, 12:31 PM
That's good that the girls can be playmates for each othe and are taking to the baby (well our oldest at least lol). You lucked out getting an easier baby but maybe she just knows she needs to cut her mommie some slack

I am so ready to be done, this end of the marathon is killing me. I have all the baby stuff packed and my stuff is 90% packed and I have a list that my DH has of the three or four items that need to be added when I go into labor so I think I'm in fairly good shape. I'm just ready to do this! But also a bit scared about the labor process. I've had some practice contractions and I get sort of freaked like "am I ready?" Labor is starting to freak me out more than I thought it would.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search