MammaWannaBe (Meredith) and 1stbaby (Holly)

Inside the Candy Castle

A place for DDBs to chit and chat!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inside the Candy Castle LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2012, 06:26 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Holly!

Thought I would go ahead and start our thread. I'm sure things have been busy, but post when ya can!

Also, have you gotten any closer to deciding on a name?

Thanks Lucy S. for my awesome siggy!
October 11th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Mere, work has been horrible busy. I have been trying to avoid the overtime, so, it's put a damper on me posting. I am still around and even reading stuff every day. I just don't alwasy get the chance to post.

I am pretty sure we are sticking with Peyton for the first name. It is still the only name DH and I can agree on. I am hung up on the middle name still though. I want to name her after my MIL, but I am just not crazy about my MIL's name. Her name is Nancy Ellen.

October 11th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Yeah I think I am going to be you in the upcoming weeks. Work and travel just has me all over the place! And let's be honest, this board moves so fast that if you are not on for a half a day you can feel lost!

I really love Peyton. In terms of the middle name, what about just doing Ellen instead of Nancy? Ellen is a nice name and I think Peyton Ellen flows better than Peyton Nancy. I love the idea of paying homage to family with the middle names so I'm sure you'll come to some sort of a conclusion soon!

October 12th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We are thinking of either doing Peyton Ellen or Peyton Ellen Ann. Ellen after MIL and Ann after my mom. I would definitely pick Ellen over Nancy, but I am not 100% in love with either of them. I do love the name Peyton though.

I am thankful my work is busy. I get paid a bonus per file we close each month so the busier we are the more I make and with a baby coming and 8 weeks of unpaid maternity leave every little bit will help.

I just miss so much on here and don't feel like I have connected with many people like I did with my first. I am still a part of the 2008 playroom.

October 13th, 2012, 06:53 AM
That makes sense though. I mean with a full time job and two young children at home, I'm not surprised that you can't get on here as much. I was actually thinking about my second child (haha maybe I should try to get through the first, first!) and how different my experience in a DDC might be.

But hey, you are busy for a good reason! I am also trying to pack on the hours for work. I don't work full time, but since I get paid hourly, I am trying to get as many hours as possible and that means going to some of my client's events to gather info, take photos and videos etc for social media purposes. Actually when I travel for work I am going to get full time hours for one week but on my hourly wage, which is going to be a great paycheck. I won't get maternity leave either and it's sort of freaking me out. I'm trying not to future focus because I only have so much control, but I'd like to come back in 4 weeks, but I realize that might be wishful thinking.

How much time are you taking off?

Ps. Peyton Ellen or Petyton Ellen Ann both sound nice to me. Remember the middle name is rarely used, but it is nice that you are keeping it within the family!

October 14th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am taking 8 weeks of leave. I wish I were taking 12. It will be interesting to see if I am ready to go back this time. I was with my first but wasn't with my second. It was too quite and idol with my 1st but with my 2nd I had the baby and a 2 year old so definitely not quite.

Is your DH super excited? Is he pampering you much?

October 15th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stbaby View Post
I am taking 8 weeks of leave. I wish I were taking 12. It will be interesting to see if I am ready to go back this time. I was with my first but wasn't with my second. It was too quite and idol with my 1st but with my 2nd I had the baby and a 2 year old so definitely not quite.

Is your DH super excited? Is he pampering you much?
yeah i'm having a hard time forecasting how much time I will need off. Since I work as an independent contractor for a company and we have it worked out so certain people are taking over my accounts, things are flexible, but I don't want to take too much time off and end up losing my job. It's really hard because ideally 4 weeks and I would be back on part time, but I have no idea how realistic that will even be. I'm thinking more along the lines of 6 weeks now and maybe at that point taking back on a client or two at most. We'll see. Yeah I can't imagine the juggling act having three will take, but I figure it's about adjustment and you'll settle into a routine soon enough.

It's weird with my DH. It's not like he's not excited, but I wish he would show it more and like want to talk about it more and touch my belly more and this and that. I think the thing with him is it's really hard for him to connect until that baby is here and in his arms. I have no doubt he will be a fantastic father, he is a coach and the kids adore him, I just think this whole baby in my belly thing is still a bit abstract to him. And I can't really blame him. Obviously he sees physical changes, but I am the one feeling every little bump and kick and it's a totally different way of connecting with the baby. I wish I could share it more with him, but he's not at the level I am at, but then again I wouldn't have married someone who is as crazy as I am!

He is doing a pretty good job of pampering and not complaining about rubs and stuff. We have a nightly rule of I get either foot rubs or backrubs a night, but sometimes I give him a break. I think again he is trying to help, but I need to do a better job of telling him what I can and cannot do with ease. Can't expect him to read my mind all the time!

How about you? Is your DH getting used to the idea of another girl in the house?

October 15th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would have been ok going back to work at 4 weeks after both of my pregnancies. I would have just been tired from the lack of sleep during the night that I wasn't completely used to. I think it will all depend on how smoothly your delivery goes on what you will feel like. I really thought pregnancy recover was a piece of cake and really hope it is this time too.

My DH would have been ok with stopping at 2 kids. He felt complete and ok with our family the way it was. I was not and after talking about it for a few months we compromised with having 1 more baby with the condition that I would never ask to have another one again. There is a part of me that would still like to have one more, but we are done after this one. DH is going to be making an app't to get the big V. I honestly don't know if I want 4 kids or still just want another shot at a boy.

DH is excited to meet her and he seems ok that she is a girl, but I know there is a part of him that is dreading going back to up all nighters and having to do everything for a child again. We are just now getting to the point where our girls will take off into a bedroom and play with each other without needing constant supervision. He loves our girls, but he is not an itty bitty baby type of person. He helps me with the girls, talks to my belly every now and then and feels it for movement, but he isn't constantly doing it like he did with my first pregnancy. I think this is all pretty typical.

Have you decided is you are getting an epi or going natural? Have you taken a birth class?
MammaWannaBe likes this.

October 21st, 2012, 05:40 PM
I feel like that is a hard decision to make, when to stop. I think I'd like three but who knows. I think it would be difficult to figure out, do you really want another child or do you want a specific gender? I think that's hard for more people to decide or admit to either way. I know a family who tried for a 5th to get a boy and had a girl. No doubt they love all five of their little girls to death, but was it worth having that big of a family in difficult financial times? Who knows.

I think once the baby is here, things will fall into place and you'll settle into a family of 5 just like you settled into a family of 4. I can only imagine though that after getting to a point where your girls are almost independent, starting from scratch would be a bit overwhelming.

For now my birth plan is read as much information as possible, prepare for all possibilities, and I'm taking a baby 101 with some labor elements to it. I'm not going to say I'm going natural because I don't know if I have it in me or if I want to. I don't see an issue with epidurals personally. Ideally I would labor as long as possible at home, then I would go to the hospital, hopefully be far along, get through that transitional period, and deliver the baby vaginally. Not sure if it will go that way, but that is the hope. I'd really like to avoid a C Section but as of right now I have a low lying placenta. I find out Tues if it has moved up and get another u/s which is exciting!

How about you? What kind of birth are you planning?

October 22nd, 2012, 09:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am also a go with the flow type of person with the actual birth. My only hang up this time is that I don't want to be induced. I want baby girl to come on her own time. My ideal birth would be to go into labor naturally, labor at home as long as possible. We live 10 minutes from the hospital so getting there when I reach about 7or 8 cm or so would be awesome. I want to hold off as long as possible on getting an epi, but I am not completely against it. I got it when I was a 6 last time and honestly could have gone a lot further, but since it was offered to me every 5 minutes I just took it. The epi for me took away ALL the pain with both of my labors. I literally had to be told when to push as I didn't even know I was having contractions.

October 23rd, 2012, 05:08 PM
Yeah that is what scares me about the epi, that it will be hard for me to feel when to push, it will slow down contractions, or I just won't handle the side effects well (I tend to have issues with side effects and meds so who knows). I just think I may need something because I think the worst part of this experience will be my anxiety and that getting out of control. I'm trying to refocus my mental thought process of labor though. It is pain that will end. It is pain with an amazing reward. Everything that is causing pain is for something positive. I surprisingly don't feel that worried about labor yet. Everyone asks me if I am nervous or how I feel about it and honestly I'm just really excited to meet my baby.

I'd like to avoid induction as well as long as it is safe for baby. Something about it seems so sterile and I just like the natural process. Getting those first knowing pains at home, using what I have learned around the house until it is time to leave and getting there hopefully farther along than anticipated. It's a tad optimistic, but oh well.

The good news is I will not need a C-Section because of my low lying placenta. I went in today for my 28 week apt and they did a u/s and my placenta moved way up. She also measured the baby who is in the 56 percentile, all is normal, although her legs are SO LONG! I am going to have a leggy baby! I just want her to have a head and shoulders that aren't super big, that's what I'm realizing is the biggest fear for most women. I'm excited to be at 2 week apts now as well. I'm sure I'll get sick of it eventually, but for now it's just exciting!

Also just to let you know, I'll be out of town from tomorrow till Nov 2nd so I may be on here sparingly! Just wanted to let you know in case I didn't respond!

So, any Halloween plans? Are you going to dress up?

October 29th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How are the travels going? How are you feeling?

November 3rd, 2012, 11:51 AM
Hey! Sorry I didn't get in the Castle area! I just got back late last night and I am bone tired. I loved seeing family up north, it was hard to leave them, but it was a nice trip and I loved experiencing fall! The sweaters, leaves changing, even the grey skies I didn't mind. And the shower was outrageous. I could not believe the amount of stuff Vivienne received. I was flabbergasted. I almost feel bad about having another shower tomorrow!

The last leg of my jet setting tour was the resort for work. I know I should have better things to say and I really did have a great time and it was paradise, but I was just so uncomfortable at 29 weeks. I had issues pooping (TMI!) but I was backed up, water retention galore, feet swelling, and my hips/lower pelvic area were in so much pain. It was just stressful having all these issues and trying to get things done and not wanting to even move. I definitely took time to rest though and decided to really focus on the stuff I needed and not worry about the rest. We even cancelled an excursion of the island because I just knew it would be a poor decision especially on the day we flew out because I had the worst swelling. I was honestly a bit scared on the plane, but the baby is moving happily and I am keeping my feet up and drinking so much water today to try and help. If for some reason it's still bad I can always talk to my dr about it on Monday.

Honestly, I'm kind of afraid for my Monday apt. I've been away almost 2 weeks straight and I can't imagine my weight gain has been great. One of my biggest fears is to be scolded about gaining too much weight. I may just tell her that I was away and am aware that my weight gain might be higher for two weeks but that I am back on track and it will be better in two weeks. And not to tell me! lol. The weight part is what I struggle the most with.

How have you been? How are you feeling? Getting excited!? You are in single digits now for weeks to go!

November 14th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How are you doing and feeling? Do you feel more prepared since your shower?

Things are good here. The girls spent the weekend with my sister and I got the baby's clothes and blankets washed. I only need to get a few more things and I will be ready and honestly those things are more wants than needs.

Will you have a big Thanksgiving get together?

November 14th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Hey

I'm doing ok. Really the 3rd trimester has hit me like a ton of bricks. Ever since 30 weeks I'm having crazy hip pain, indegestion, up at all hours, and feel nauseous in the morning. I know I'm being a big complainer, but the thought of having 8 more weeks of this is really scary. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it. Also, the fact that strangers tell me I look full term isn't so nice feeling :/ People suck lol

I do feel a lot better since the shower in terms of having what I need. I have a list of what is left and although I want to get it done now now now, I'm trying to remember that I do have time and to spread things out so that I have little shopping trips to look forward to. And, at the end of the day, if she came tomorrow, we would be fine. We have what we need, people can run out and get stuff, I think it's hard because the stores make you feel like you need everything under the sun.

What else do you still need to get?

Thanksgiving is going to be real low key this year. My SIL is due this weekend so who knows when she is having her baby and because of that my MIL does not want to host Thanksgiving as she normally does. So, my mother and step dad are coming down my way this year for Thanksgiving and with them, my in laws, and my brother, we are just going to go to a nice restaurant and do a Thanksgiving dinner there. That way if for some reason my in laws can't make it because my SIL is in labor or something, it's no big deal just a smaller table. I'm actually quite relieved because I can't imagine doing anything too involved right now. Work is crazy and having to entertain family for an entire week is enough!

What about you? What are your plans?

November 15th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hear you on the discomfort. Peyton was on my sciatic nerve for 2 days and I could barely walk. I HATE the 3rd trimester. Sleep is horrible, it's hard to get down and really play with my kids, I am just so tired. I just keep reminding myself this is the very last time I will endure it.

I will miss the sweet little baby kicks and movements though and keep reminding myself there really isn't much time left.

I still need to get NB diapers. I did buy one package, but it only had 36 diapers in it so that will last like 2 minutes. I am not sure what possessed me to buy such a small package of diapers to begin with. Once her cord falls off I plan to go all cloth so I don't want to buy too many though. I also would like to get some more Muslin blankets, but this isn't a priority, but for some reason in my mind I think I need them before she gets here even though I already bought a package of 4. I ordered her going home outfit off Etsy and once it arrives I need to find some accessories that match...baby legs/hair bow or hat/ etc. Really there isn't much I actually "need" but it still feels that way.

We are going to DH's aunt and uncles for Thansgiving. It will be a full family dinner with all the relatives. I can't wait for the food, but the thought of stepping on the scale afterwards is keeping me from being super excited.

November 18th, 2012, 06:42 PM
I so hear you about the weight gain. Today we went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory aaaanddd I have my 32 week appointment tomorrow. Fantastic lol. Not sure they will accept my excuse.

I love my belly, but the third trimester sucks. I'm sorry. I am probably miserable like 50% of the time at least. And I feel bad even saying that. I love my baby, I love having her grow and feeling her kicks, but I'm having a difficult time. My hips KILL and I'm having insane ligament pain. I can't stay on my feet that long. And sleep is the worst. I dread going to bed. I wake up every 2 hours to pee, or because my hips hurt, and now I have acid relfux so I wake feeling like I need to vomit and then have to sleep sitting up.

Of course I feel bad that I'm complaining when you work full time and have two young kids, but I do feel your pain to some extent!I bet it is mixed feeling with this being your last, but it sounds like you have a good outlook on it and you only have a few weeks to go! The end is near!

Yeah I too have a lot of things I "want" but probably don't "need". I am getting a few more odds and ends, but I have to remember that if we don't have enough butt cream or something, we are within 4 minutes of 5-7 supermarkets, pharmacies, or super stores, we'll live! I just think a lot of my issues are anxiety and the uncertainty. I need to just roll with it, but that's not really in my nature!

November 28th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's not in my nature to sit tight on things either. I have to get things done way in advance or I start flipping out.

Do you feel like Vivi is head down yet? I think little miss Peyton just flipped head down last night.

I registered at the hospital yesterday. That made things seem so real all of a sudden.

November 28th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I actually think she is head down! I feel most of the movement in my rib cage where I think it is sometimes her feet or her booty rolling around. Also, every time I've gone in the office she is head down, not that they really means much but I'm ok with her sticking that way.

I also noticed my belly dropping. I'm starting to wonder if maybe I'm looking at having an earlier baby, but I think probably every first time mom thinks she's the most pregnant ever and will deliver before her due date.idk I just have a weird feeling!

How have you been doing? How is the hemroid sitch?

I can't believe you already went in to pre register. It's actually happening and even sooner for you! Dec starts on Sat!

November 30th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My roid issue kinda resolved itself when it decided to rupture on it's own on Thanksgiving. I ended up calling the surgeon office the day of my appointment and the nurse basically told me the only thing he would do is lance them in the office since I am so far along in my pregnancy and since they already broke he would just tell me to keep them clean and see how much healing they did on their own. I am now glad I didn't go and waste the co-pay money. They are all but gone with no pain now. Thank the Lord. I really wasn't sure how I would make it 5 more weeks with them.

I remember thinking with my first that I would go early, but never did. This time I either want to go a few days before Christmas or wait until close to my due date. I really don't care as long as she doesn't come Christmas Eve or Christmas Day and she makes it here healthy....although this side of 2013 would be much appreciated on my tax return.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search