Babyschultz (Jill) and Minalyn (Amanda)

Inside the Candy Castle

A place for DDBs to chit and chat!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By minalyn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inside the Candy Castle LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2012, 10:09 AM
minalyn's Avatar MOMMY to Evan 1/7/13
Send a message via Yahoo to minalyn Send a message via Skype™ to minalyn
We've already established contact but just complying with Karin
kbpeanut likes this.

October 25th, 2012, 10:15 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Thanks (easier for us to keep track this way - feel free to use or not use this from this point forward!!)

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
October 26th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm out of town and just checking in. Thought I better reply. Thanks for starting this. How are you things going?

October 26th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I'm good, I'm off work today because my girlfriends are flying in, 3 hours apart! I'm excited for my shower on Sunday. When I told my mother there was going to be about 10 people she told me that was "a lot". I have a large family but we're not close so I only sent out about 20-25 invitations.

Anyways hope your little get away is going well.

October 27th, 2012, 05:26 AM
It is! We are headed home today which I'm not looking forward to. The car ride here was long and painful so I am sure the ride today is not going to be any better. I've been having a lot more pain lately. We had a wonderful time with family, so it was well worth it.

Have fun at your shower and I hope you post some pics!

October 29th, 2012, 10:55 AM
So baby shower was ok.. I mean it was totally fun, but I didn't get anything besides clothes Now my mom is planning on getting bottles, my sister is getting a pack and play, my half brother is getting a bouncy seat, and I guess I'm stuck with the rest. There are a few other friends who say they'll mail things now that the shower is over but I'm not going to depend on anybody.

I am SO exhausted. I can't wait to get off work and go home and catch up on sleep. I don't usually like that saying but I know it's fitting. With my girlfriends in town I didn't get to take a nap all weekend Hopefully atfer I recharge I can post a proper update and post some pictures.

October 29th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Sorry about the gifts I know how dissapointing it can be if you registered for big items hoping to get some help and then don't. Hopefully they bought you enough cloths that you don't need to buy any and can put that money towards items you didn't recieve.

I'm exhausted too. My son woke up at 2:45am this morning and it took my 3 times of going up there to finally get him back to sleep. By the time I got him back to sleep Hope was kicking me like crazy and I had a few things on my mind that I couldn't sleep. So I got up and got some work done that I needed to do. I am tired now! Hopefully I can get to bed early tonight.

Glad you had fun at your shower and I look forwad to see some pics when you get a chance to post them.

November 7th, 2012, 05:43 PM
So I had a 32 week appointment today. No weight gain, shocker I know especially after having my baby shower 2 weeks ago. She said at my 28 week ultrasound that he was in the 37th percentile for growth, do you know what that means? I assume it means he's on track because she's expecting him to be a 7-7.5 lb baby.

November 7th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Just means that that 63% babies are bigger then him at this point. I wouldn't put to much stock ino it as their measurements can be so far off. The day I had DD they told me she was in the 8 pound range and she was born at 6lbs 7oz.

Way to go on the no weight gain. I always feel so acomplished when I manage to either stay the same or gain a real little.

November 17th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Am I being too hormonal? DH had the nerve to say to me "and you know things are gonna change soon anyway, my free time is going end in January... let me relax a little before it does". How would he like if it if I decided to "relax" once our son gets here and decided to stay out at the bar or "catch up with friends" also inlcuding drinking. I am so OVER it.

In other news, we've finally chosen a name: Tristian Elliott (not sure how I want to spell Elliott yet, 1 L or 2). We're getting pictures taken tomorrow and I bought these blocks to spell out his name and the darn pack only came with 1 T so there goes that idea

I read about your amnio / c-section dilema, sorry. Good thing there's still about 4 weeks and this wasn't like a last minute dispute.

November 17th, 2012, 12:46 PM
If I am getting this right your DH is going out drinking with friends and expects you to be ok with it because things are going change once baby gets here? Hormones probably are making you more sensitive, but I would be annoyed too. If it was happening a lot.

I LOVE the name!!!!!

Yes I was pretty upset yesterday, but am feeling better today about all of it. What's a few more days.

December 5th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Hey Jill, just wanted to check in. I see you're now like 2 weeks away from "D day". I hope you're all set.

I had my 36 wk apt today, a few days early. Tristian IS head down. The Dr. says he's going to be big. I asked are we talking long big or weight big and she just said big..?? I'm thinking she's meaning long, i myself was 22 inches at birth. She pushed on my stomach before the ultrasound to predict his position. As she did she's like "what is this, it feels like another head." yes she caught me with a deer in the headlights look lol. she was kidding, it ended up being his elbow. what was funny is when we listened to the heartbeat, 150s, she had it in one spot then just like that she had to get it from the other side of my stomach. oh and then im like will he stay head down and she's like "with your baby, yeah he doesnt have mych room to move". She did make me feel like there's a little giant inside of me. oh and finally i asked her about the cramping spurts ive been having upon waking in the morning. apparently its because i dont drink water thoughout the night! her solution, take a swig everytime i get up to use the restroom, exactly what I was trying to avoid but LO needs it.

anyways.. i'm now weekly appointments and I'll see her again next wednesday.

any advice on how to handle my nerves? it's like weekly appointments means he'll be here soon. it's so scary and exciting at the same time.

December 6th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Looks like we both might have big babies in there.

How funny about the 2 heads I would've died if the Dr said that to me.

About the nerves, just know that once baby is here you will be so happy and wonder what you were so nervous about. Are you more nervous about labor or about having a little one to take care of?

I'm getting ready. Her room is a mess right now, but she wont be using it right away so I am not worried about that. It just has cloths sitting on the floor waititng for me to put them away, but I have no hangers for them right now. I got a bunch of hand me downs from a friend and no where to go with them. I think I have everything I need for her once she is home. I need to pack my bag yet. Also I just wrapped all the Christmas gifts because I wont have time to do that once we get home from the hospital. I can't believe how close it is, but time seems to be dragging these days as I count down.

December 7th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Nerves are fairly equal for labor and then having a baby around. I guess it's just that first time parent thought process. I'm worried about DH too. I don't want him to become too overwhelmed, heck he's never even held a baby before. He's supposed to go to a first time dad class this month, hioefully he makes it in time. He always seems at ease when he asks the Dr a question. Want to hear something funny, well I thought ti was funny. He asked the Dr what kind of diapers to use. I just thought come on baby trial and error. She did throw some useful info in her reply. And he thought me reading baby books was a waster of time!

December 8th, 2012, 12:08 PM
I think it's cute you DH asked the Dr about diapers. Sounds like something my DH would ask.

I was nervous with our first too for my DH. I had lots of nieces and nephews, but he was pretty new to he whole infant thing. He did great and is a great father. I'm sure you hubby will get the hang of things fast.

Hard to believe our DDC is alredy having babies and some of are very close. Before we know it all of the LO's will be here. So exciting!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search