Good mom/Bad mom

Forum: Moms of Boys

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Boys LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2009, 06:26 PM
**Melanie**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So what kinds of things make you feel like you are a good mom? And what makes you feel like a bad mom?

For me, seeing how the kids love and take such good care of their baby sister makes me feel like I did something right teaching them to be caring and nurturing - at least to her.

As far as being bad, I'm ashamed to admit I'm a yeller.

December 7th, 2009, 10:46 PM
bluebutterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good mom - How they have compassion. They're rough and all boy, but when someone's hurt or sad they definitely know how to make them feel better.

Bad mom - I'm a yeller, too. And it makes me very sad sometimes because I don't want my children growing up like that. I grew up with that and I don't want them to learn it and end up being yellers to their children too. I also don't have a whole lot of patients.

Thank you tasha_mae for the awesome siggy!

December 8th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
I yell too. It's necessary sometimes.

Um, seeing Will no longer need some IEP services since he's in a stable home makes me feel like I'm doing something right - something his mother wasn't doing. Also, watching my older son play with and love on his baby brother makes my heart swell. I love how tender he is with him, even though he's a big tough guy most of the time.
December 9th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good mom: watching Aidan growing up, and learning new things everyday. He's so smart. And hes always has food in his belly, a clean diaper and a place to sleep (same place every night) makes me thankful.

bad mom: I'm a yeller too, I try not to but sometimes it's hard. I also have not many patience. I'm hoping things calm down once my hubby comes home from deployment, it won't be all on me..I also feel like a bad mom for being on the internet so much but he is so independent and likes to play by himself..

December 9th, 2009, 11:41 AM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good: my boys are both very bright and smart, they play well together and with other kids, they are great at sharing, they are very loving and open with us...for the most part, they are great listeners

Bad: My patience runs thin easily, I don't get on the floor and play with them much (DH does that), I have been working on the yelling though--I think I am getting much better.....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search