Potty Training Boys

Forum: Moms of Boys

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Boys LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2012, 03:11 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I swear Connor will be 6 before he's PT'd! LOL We haven't really started yet, he turned 2 in May, however he's no where near ready! He has never indicated that he knows when he goes pee, and when he poops, he doesn't tell us either. Even when we smell it and know he has pooped, we will ask him and he will flat out say no! I even tried to bribe him to tell me when he poops (I'll give you 2 tic tacs/jelly beans when you tell Mama when you poop)...it worked once!!

I've heard boys are much harder to PT than girls, I have my work cut out for me! We've had a little green froggy potty that sits around the house, and he will sit on it and pretend, but he sure doesn't use it when he's supposed to! lol

What worked for you? What didn't work for you? Any advice, suggestions? I'm not even sure where to start!! Thanks!!

September 7th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
Waiting until they start showing an interest or signs of being ready is usually the key. Some kids are ready at 2, some at 3, some even later! My first I started when he was 2 and he was NOT ready so we spent a year and a half potty training him and it was horrible so with my second I decided I would wait until he clearly wanted to do it and it happened fast - he started showing an interest in the potty right around 22 months and was fully potty trained 4 months later (he potty trained fast but it took a few months to master the nights). Then with Hunter again we waited and he took a bit longer before he started showing signs and then we had a new baby so it kind of got put off but once we did he was potty trained like within 2 weeks! And he was about 2 1/2.

I don't really have any advice other than that, every kid is so different, it's hard to say what they'll respond to or what will work and what won't. A lot of trial and error! And you know I don't know if I really believe boys are harder to p/t, my oldest was a struggle but I think that was because I pushed him too early but my niece was almost 4 before she was potty trained, she was a stubborn stubborn girl lol! I've talked to a lot of other moms with girls who have said it was harder to p/t a girl than a boy so who knows!

Either way, goodluck!!

Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search