Wrestling

Forum: Moms of Boys

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Momof4Boyz
  • 1 Post By Surrounded

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Boys LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Super Mommy
So, I took my boys to a consignment store today looking for Sunday clothes and maybe a couple things for #3 who is still OTW. My boys ages 2 and 4 were pretty awesome for almost the entire time. Notice I say almost. We get to the back corner of the store and while they start out sitting nicely against the wall since it should only take me a few minutes in that particular section I am thinking FABULOUS. Then boredome quickly overtook them and they spawned into mutant children that other people look out and pray I never reproduce again (jokes on those people, baby in progress). The wrestling had begun. It was so mild at first I didn't even notice...until it was too late. The silence with which a 2 and 4 year old can knock each other to the ground with is absolutely astonishing. That was until the 4 year old raised both arms above his head and shouted "I WIN!" At that point it was on.

Now, a couple things to take notice of when my boys start wrestling is that even though they are 23 months apart they are only about 6lbs apart. Where one has the advantage of longer limbs the other has brute force and is incredibly sneaky. You never hear him coming until he is on top of you...literally.

Lucky for me we were the only ones in that particular section of the store for a bit and so I calmed them a little but didn't force a complete cease fire to their shenanigans. I figured that was what Daddy was there for but where that man went off to at that particular time is beyond me. I know where my youngest gets his sneakiness from.

Have you ever been in a situation that is somewhat noisy but you don't realize how noisy until other people start investigating? Before you start to wander, no, my kids weren't that loud the store was that quiet. That having been said they soon had a peeping audience. I found out because of sudden laughter from people when they realized what was going on. I think one women about wet herself when the 2 year old flattened the 4 yr old raised both hands straight in the air and screamed (he just turned 2 last month so words are still very limited. He prefers his literal approach to "I'm so happy I could scream.")

Just my luck, that would be when my husband returned from whatever far off reaches of the store had attracted him resulting in him giving me "the look". The "oh my gosh I can't believe you are letting our children run amok in public look." Needless to say, he embarasses much easier than I do.

Have any of your boys attempted wrestling in public places? I must say this was a first for us but then again with boys life is always an adventure.
October 23rd, 2012, 07:34 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
lol! My kids do stuff like that all the time! Especially if I have the 3 and 6 yr old together, those two just feed off each other and make each other go wild and crazy. I put a stop to it once I realize what they're doing but sometimes I'm so involved in what I'm doing (shopping or dealing with the baby) I don't notice until other people give me that look like "control your kids lady" lol. It happens! It doesn't really even phase me anymore.

Now what really embarrased me was last weekend we went to Disney and I was sitting outside the everest ride which only 2 of my kids can go on and only 1 will go on, so I was sitting outside with 3 of them while my DH and 6 yr old went on the ride and Hunter (3) was picking acorns up off the ground and before I could open my mouth to say no he took a handful of them and he was trying to throw them behind me but he ended up whacking the lady behind me with them. I was SO embarrased. I felt bad, I know it hurt because a few minutes before that one fell out of the tree and whacked me on the head and that hurt!

Then that following Monday when my oldest two were off to school they were NOt getting along that morning and by the time we got to the bus stop they were at the fighting point and Joe accidently tripped Jayden but he took it personally and they just got into a big ol fist fight at the bus stop. Every parent and child there watching me break them up, ey yi yi!
Surrounded likes this.

Facebook
October 23rd, 2012, 11:35 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No mine have not.. well I only have one boy and a girl.. they wrestle with each other but only at home.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 23rd, 2012, 01:13 PM
Super Mommy
My newly 4 yr old Aidan does the acorn throwing or small rocks. I'll tell him don't throw because of where different people are standing in relation to where he is aiming and when it comes to rocks he just plain isn't supposed to throw them.
He will look me right in the eye and tell me "I'm not throwing rocks. I'm tossing them." as they go sailing through the air. The warning about hitting people with acorns just blows right past him. He says he is aiming for the tree. I say not to throw due to the people standing behind the tree. His brain is yet to figure out that just because he is only aiming for the tree doesn't mean they won't fly past and hit whoever is over there. I have mastered the apologetic wave
Momof4Boyz likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search