It's All in a Name

Forum: Moms of Boys

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Boys LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2013, 04:13 AM
kolbysmom's Avatar Ready For Spring!
Send a message via Yahoo to kolbysmom
How did you decide on your son's name?

Come Join the Fun Over at Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies
If You've Got Boys, Stop by the Moms of Boys board!

October 3rd, 2013, 08:39 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Ryan is named after Goddess Rhiannon. Liam is named after his grandfathers.

Leslie

October 8th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
It was one of 2 names we agreed on

October 8th, 2013, 10:52 AM
kolbysmom's Avatar Ready For Spring!
Send a message via Yahoo to kolbysmom
With Kolby, I knew I wanted his middle name to be the same as my dad's and Wayne's, so Kolby was the only thing that fit. I always liked the name Riley.

Come Join the Fun Over at Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies
If You've Got Boys, Stop by the Moms of Boys board!

October 14th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was just the only name we agreed on. We came up with it 6 years before Keith was born, when we started trying to get pregnant.

October 24th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Spider123's Avatar Veteran
ds1: I wanted to name him after his father because I like the name. XH didn't want a Junior. We didn't worry about it that much because I had two daughters and one sister at the time and my Mom is one of two girls so I didn't think I made boys.

About a week before he was born, XH told me he was really excited about his new idea for a boy's name: he wanted to name his first son after his best friend's kid.

His best friend's kid has the SAME DARNED NAME as my XH! Go figure! I had to compromise on the middle name so ds1 wouldn't be a Junior, but at that point I didn't even care and it's cute and I grew to like it better than my own first choice before too long.

ds2: Ugh, it was awful! Girls names are so much easier for me. I almost wanted to throw up my hands and write "Diestu" (kre8tiv spelling for DS2) on the birth certificate to get it over with even though I know that is almost as bad as naming your kid "Hashtag".

I ultimately wound up having to go with a hyphenated first name to get it to make sense and his nickname (first half of his hyphenated first name) sounds icky with our last name even though I love it and it suits him perfectly.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search