focus on school work?

Forum: Moms of Boys

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Boys LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
one of my boys has a hard time staying focused in on work both at school and at home. We are working with him but its still hard.

anyone else have this issue?

how did/do you work around it?

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

February 12th, 2014, 12:50 PM
kolbysmom's Avatar Ready For Spring!
Send a message via Yahoo to kolbysmom
I have trouble with Riley at home. He is more interested playing games than finishing his homework.

Come Join the Fun Over at Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies
If You've Got Boys, Stop by the Moms of Boys board!

February 13th, 2014, 05:51 AM
brandis's Avatar Veteran
Jaiken is the same way with games/tv.

He has to do his homework before he gets games/tv. He also knows that Momma checks it and if he just flies through it without trying, he's going to have to redo it anyway.

As far as at school, there's nothing I can do there really. He gets not awesome grades on his multiplication tests because there are so many problems and he doesn't finish. I don't know if it's just him doing what he does at home. (stare into space instead of doing it, etc) or if he just doesn't have time.

It's a tough thing to deal with :\

Married to Josh

Mom to Jaiken and Anya

TTC #3 after a Tubal Reversal (9/26/2013)

Cycle #10

February 14th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
boys have istep coming up and they are time limited. this is the year that if they don't pass istep they don't pass which is crap since both boys are on A B honor roll and are outstanding students. I really don't think that they wont pass. last year was their first year ever taking the test and even though reece didn't finish due to timing, they BOTH received high marks - almost into the advanced and Carter was in the advanced level in math, reece was 3 point below and in reading they were both within 10 points away from advanced.

reece is still the very last kid to turn in his tests every time. BUT he makes A's unless he is rushed. :shrug: whats wrong with letting them take their time? im a horrible test taker but that didn't mean I didn't know my stuff - unless I took my time.

we are working on staying focused now - just trying to come up with some creative ways to keep him interested in it. im sure he is tired of hearing me say "reece, focus" lol honestly im tired of saying it too. not that I will stop, but I feel bad for him. its one of thoses things that I wish they would just let him be. live and let live and let go.

im going to (eventually) hunt down some more ways to help. when I find something I ll post it in here for you all too.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

March 25th, 2014, 10:47 AM
kolbysmom's Avatar Ready For Spring!
Send a message via Yahoo to kolbysmom
I guessing the istep is a standardized test for the school in your state? I despise standardized testing. But, that's a whole 'nother thread. lolHow did they do on the tests?

Come Join the Fun Over at Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies
If You've Got Boys, Stop by the Moms of Boys board!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search