Another Minecraft Post

Forum: Moms of Boys

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Boys LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2014, 03:14 PM
kolbysmom's Avatar Ready For Spring!
Send a message via Yahoo to kolbysmom
Ugh! Good grief..I am listening to the boys fight over this crazy game!!!
"you blew up my doghouse"
"well....you blew up my submarine...and submarines are more important"

I'm losing my mind over here! I thought they were supposed to be fighting zombies...not each other.

Come Join the Fun Over at Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies
If You've Got Boys, Stop by the Moms of Boys board!

February 25th, 2014, 03:21 PM
jozzy's Avatar Veteran
My son is obsessed with that game. he doesn't have a sibling to argue with, but he talks on the mic to other kids playing online and I've heard a few kids absolutely losing it because they all destroy each other's stuff.
February 25th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Regular
Sorry but your post made me lmao.
I know exactly what you mean.
My son has Autism and is obsessed with Minecraft. He has a 10yr old uncle that comes over and plays with him.. They often end up in an argument about it.
Boys
February 26th, 2014, 06:21 AM
brandis's Avatar Veteran
Jaiken can't play. He had it on his xbox, but we took away his hard drive for chatting over the network on a different game.

Married to Josh

Mom to Jaiken and Anya

TTC #3 after a Tubal Reversal (9/26/2013)

Cycle #10

March 3rd, 2014, 04:21 AM
Well, I hate that someone else is going through it, but glad I'm not alone. He doesn't have a headphone, so we don't have the problem of chatting with the other players. Also, he hasn't figured out how to join other players (yet...I'm sure that's coming) so he and his brother just play 2 player multi-screen.

We got Plants Vs Zombies garden warfare over the weekend, and I foresee another obsession forming. He has to connect in and he hears the other players talking and has asked how they do that.

March 17th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Spider123's Avatar Veteran
My 22 year old threatened to take back the Xbox and the iTouch because he thinks my 5 year old spends too much time playing and watching instructional videos.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

So much for one big happy family, lol.

Last edited by Spider123; March 17th, 2014 at 07:11 PM. Reason: formatting AGAIN!!!
March 19th, 2014, 04:22 AM
We just brought the box out to the living room again. We made the mistake of letting them take it to their room over spring break. Too much time on that thing! I think the little ones being on electronics is just a sign of the times. Sad, sort of, but it's what they know.I hope it all works out for y'all.

March 20th, 2014, 05:33 PM
In a way it's a vindication of my screen-free parenting of the millenial, but NOT what the digital native needed at all!

The Xbox is in the millenial's room and the DN has had to ask permission to use a "trial version" that has extra tutorials but shuts off after half an hour. The millenial plays on his PC, which required doubling my bandwidth and my internet bill (he pays the difference), unplugging the splitter and giving up my landline telephone, and he STILL complains about my ISP being too slow so I'll need a gigabit router and the time to learn how to change the new modem from PPOE to Bridged mode.

The millenial is CONSTANTLY plugged into the headset or the digital native might have listened to his concerns instead of crying and saying he didn't want to be the millenial's brother any more.

Moving the Xbox into the living room before the millenial gets back from National Guard "stuff" next week is probably a good idea, but then I won't have ANY space of my own for listening to music or just being able to hear my own thoughts.
March 21st, 2014, 12:24 PM
Yeah it definitely isn't good for having any time on your own. I'm already regretting taking it out of their room. DH is hellbent on having in here tho.

June 5th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Cupcakes and Kittens's Avatar Veteran
You know...I, myself, find Minecraft relaxing. My fiance does, too. However, my stepson and his other half brother...their fights over Minecraft, jeez. Last weekend that we had both of them (my fiance raised my stepson's other half brother, although bio dad is back in the picture now) they argued because my stepson wanted to play through the tutorial lol.
June 5th, 2014, 10:35 AM
It puts me right to sleep. I was planning on playing along with the boys but I always doze off.

Just a heads up that the internet has been banned from my 6 year old. I have no problem with the game itself, but the videos are so boring I tune them out....until I realized he was watching one about a Hunger Games mod and another about a Bloods and Crips mod and I'm sorry, but I don't think a 6 year old needs to know about such things.

It was also very disconcerting when he looked over at my news tab and said, "That's Slenderman!" even though he volunteered himself that Slenderman is just pretend.

So the 22 year old did have a point. Minecraft, yes, Minecraft videos, no.

Actually it's Minetest on the computer, which is free and was MUCH easier to install and it doesn't have the sleep-inducing background music. It's easier to just say that the Xbox in the 22 year old's room is the 22 year old's, since he has such control issues with it.
June 5th, 2014, 06:29 PM
I do enjoy listening to the sleep-inducing music. lol..

and yeah..we're all over the hunger games mod. He loves it...he's 7... SMH!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search