Is anyone else dying to announce?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2012, 09:07 AM
Veteran
I'm just like you, dying to share. I have gotten my fix by telling a few people that are on the fringe (DD's daycare teachers, a neighbor, our babysitter etc.) I also fessed up to a few of my close friends over the weekend, because we were back at our college Homecoming which of course is a huge drinking extravaganza and there was no way around it.
I am waiting to tell the big people in my life (family, work) for a few more weeks. Normally I tell my Mom right away, but this time DH and I agreed we would wait and tell family at Thanksgiving when I will be 8 weeks, so I am trying to keep it in. I will wait and tell work after the first of the year. Somehow it seems unprofessional to do it during the first trimester. Last time, I didn't tell my staff until a staff meeting when I was 15 weeks along.

Last night, DH and I couldn't resist so we told our kiddo's at bed time. 6 yo with autism... no risk of him spreading rumors, 11 month old, no problem there, my 3 year old is the issue, DH assured me that she would never remember the news. The first thing she said to me this morning was, "why is there a baby in your belly?" We may have to keep her away from Grandma for the next 3 weeks !!!
November 4th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Amber76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Amber76
I want to wait until Thanksgiving to tell our parents and I want to wait until Christmas to tell everyone else. We will see if I can do it!

Katerina 01/10/07 Gabriella 12/29/09 2012 2013
November 4th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Super Mommy
So on Friday, my husband and I spent the evening with another couple. The minute the wife opened the door to greet us, she said "You're pregnant!". I asked her how the heck she knew that and she said that she could feel the hormones from a mile away. Crazy.
November 4th, 2012, 01:02 PM
MissesDavis's Avatar Army Girl
I'm dying as well! I soo badly want to post it on my facebook. My hubby has already posted it on his..I'm slightly jealous. But I'm trying really really hard to wait into I get a confirmation of pregnancy from a blood test tomorrow. I'd be heartbroken if it came back negative and I already told the world I was pregnant Nor do I want to take criticism from my peers (I'm only 21 and have been married for almost a year) Well either way I'll still be heartbroken but at least people won't know why.
November 4th, 2012, 01:24 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think we will tell most family until Christmas. I will be 9/10 weeks then. With my two losses I am really nervous to tell many people. I will feel much more confident after hearing/seeing a heartbeat.

Oct '11 June '12
November 4th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Veteran
We decided we will wait til christmas parties to announce but we have a few people we will tell sooner as I am 21 and first child I am nervous about telling everyone only onw who nows know is BF and he loved his birthday gift
November 6th, 2012, 07:01 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LessthanThree View Post
I feel like I'm going crazy keeping this a secret. I want to announce so bad! Normally I would announce as soon as I got a positive but I had gotten indents before that I announced (which was super embarrassing, as you might imagine). While I know for a fact that I'm really pregnant, I'm still hesitant to announce because I don't want people to think I'm weird for announcing at 4 weeks

Anyone else? Or am I just a weirdo?
I'm dying to announce and don't even know yet...lol!
No you are not weird. I announced with both my kids as soon as I got a BFP. there was no wait, I loved my baby immediately and wanted the world to know they existed incase anything happened, I didn't want my pregnancy announcement to be my miscarriage announcment if that were to happen.
actually i've been pregnant 3 times and had two babies. Jaemi, my third was only a month long pregnancy and I told everyone the moment I knew, consequently I was also asking people to pray because I found out due to heavy unexpected bleeding. I got tons of support for it too... I wouldn't have it any other way.
November 6th, 2012, 07:10 PM
MissesDavis's Avatar Army Girl
I told...I'm no good at keeping things like this to myself :/ lol

"I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. "
November 7th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
We've told a few people. My mom, dad, grandma and my best friend. I'm going shopping with another good friend tonight and will tell her (she's 10 weeks pregnant so she'll be excited we get to do this together). We can't keep secrets at all!! We have a wedding to go to this Saturday and everyone is going to wonder why I'm not drinking and be able to figure it out (I'll be 4 weeks 4 days) so a lot of people will know super early. And my in-laws we will tell on Saturday at the wedding because that's the next time we will see them unless my hubby calls them. I"ll probably wait til around thanksgiving to make if facebook official.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
November 7th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We will announce once we hear a heartbeat. I am too nervous to announce any sooner.

7/24/12
10/09/12
November 7th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Sweetpea79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i am in no hurry only b/c of a previous loss
just want to make sure everything is ok first
we have told our parents though
Jan 12 failed IVF
10.30 FET (1) 5BB frostie who was hatching
11.3 - BFP 4dp5dt (9dpo)
11.5 beta 42 6dp5dt (11dpo)
11.7 beta 129 8dp5dt (13dpo)

November 7th, 2012, 08:20 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea79 View Post
i am in no hurry only b/c of a previous loss
just want to make sure everything is ok first
we have told our parents though
ditto. losing a baby (mine was a 10 week D&E) has really jaded me when it comes to 1st trimester excitement. i won't feel better until i get past my loss point. we also told our parents (and my BFF) since they will be the ones to support us regardless.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search