exercising in the first trimester

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AKlobnak

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2012, 09:40 AM
chessalove's Avatar Love my little family
Anyone a workout junkie? I am really tired and even though I went to bed early, I still could not get out of bed to do my workout before work. I slept in, I look like crap, and I'm still tired! I brought my running shoes so I can take a walk on my lunch break. I'm not very worried about it, but more kind of disappointed that my workouts are going to take a backseat while I figure out how to deal with the exhaustion. Anyone have a story to share?
October 31st, 2012, 10:10 AM
Mandamail88's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't really excercise. I know I should but now that I found out I'm super paranoid to start anything new in the first trimester. I know walking is good no matter when you start but I'm just too tired to go to work barely, let alone walk.

Adam & Amanda
Our First
July 8, 2013

October 31st, 2012, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not really a workout junkie but I am overweight and will be trying to lose weight over the pregnancy (with doctor's supervision, of course) for the sake of me and the baby. I'm actually in a phase where I really want to be super active, but I'm too tired. Hopefully my brain can burn all my extra fat lol

October 31st, 2012, 10:16 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
with DS my m/s was so bad that i had to stop going to the gym altogether. i never started back up until 5 months ago (yes, 4 years went by, but i'm still the same size!). this time i'm hoping to keep up light exercise (elliptical 2-3 days/week), but right now i'm just too tired. i have a gym at work and try to workout after i finish ~3-4pm, but now i just want to go home! i am giving up weights.
October 31st, 2012, 10:48 AM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I stopped my workout back in June when I found out I was pregnant. After the miscarriage in July I just never picked it back up. However, I really need to try and stay fit with this pregnancy. I have the other kids to run after plus I want to make sure I am in relatively good health during and after. So I'm shopping treadmills right now so I can walk at least five days a week. I was originally buying it to start running everyday but now that I am pregnant I don't think I should run, especially since I wasn't before. I think it's not a good idea if your body wasn't already accustomed to it. But I don't know for sure, I will ask my doc when I see her.

October 31st, 2012, 10:50 AM
I know they say you can continue to do everything you're used to doing... but I can't fathom it! I've already dialed down a huge notch, and sickness hasn't even kicked in yet! Oh well! I'm hoping I have enough energy to stay in shape otherwise the woman genes in my family are going to kick in and I'm going to gain 80 lbs!

To those who don't exercise presently or are on a weight loss journey - POWER TO YOU for making a difference for your baby! You are true mamas!
October 31st, 2012, 11:29 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a running junkie! I run long distances...not fast just far! My Dr. has ok'd me in all my pregnancies (this one, one healthy baby, one loss) to run any distance. His stipulation is that I cant let myself get dehydrated or out of breath. So I just slow it down a bit. I try to do short runs at lunch hour at work (~7km) and longer runs on the weekend.

I just finished my first full marathon ~2 weeks ago...yup the day of conception! lol. I knew I was going to ovulate the day of my marathon so I told my husband he had to do all the work as I wasnt going to have much energy

I am going to continue running just shorter distances. My energy levels are definitely lower this go around though so we will see how it goes. I find as long as I keep running I sleep better so its better all around for my anxiety levels and energy to get in a run. Its also hard with the fall/winter weather though because I do all my running outside. I feel way less motivated to get out and run in the rain!

I remember with my last pregnancy one of the main problems with going on runs was having to stop and pee every 20 mins! I would have to run in the woods so I could pee in the bush when needed...lol
October 31st, 2012, 11:36 AM
Expecting #1 July 2013 <3
I was really into lifting weights and getting at least 20 min of cardio in about 4-5 days weekly. Ever since finding out we were excpecting I cannot find enough energy to make it to the gym. I'm really hoping that will change here soon because I NEED to workout I will not let myself gain a bunch of extra weight!

Anybody know if lifting weights is reccomended or not in the first trimester?
chessalove likes this.
October 31st, 2012, 11:46 AM
HAHA to Pearlica... peeing in the woods, that is some dedication, woman!! My hubby thinks running is bad, he doesn't understand the dynamics of the womb. But I'm not a huge runner anyway (once a week I jog) but I love to do BodyStep and TurboKick... which are super intense so I'm having a hard time finding that happy medium!

About weightlifting - I'm not a doctor, but I've heard nothing negative about it. I've actually heard positive things because it strengthens the body for labor. Core work especially - like doing planks (not situps once you have the bump)

I'd really love to get back into yoga but I don't have the money for classes. There's a gym where I work but I'm an hourly employee and can't make it down there when they have classes scheduled. I go every morning around 6am and do weights MWF and a video on TuTh. optional jog or hike on the weekend. The past week I've worked out TWICE. so I'm not feeling right :-\

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search