Insurance

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By chessalove
  • 1 Post By writergurrl
  • 1 Post By babieseverywhere
  • 2 Post By .:fearless:.
  • 1 Post By chessalove
  • 1 Post By bibbyann
  • 1 Post By JennW9305

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2012, 08:21 AM
chessalove's Avatar Love my little family
My insurance doesn't kick in until January 1 so I basically have to get through the first trimester on my own. It's kind of comforting not to obsess over Betas like the rest of you, but I have the urge to poas every day to make sure I'm still pregnant! Anyone ever been in this situation before?
November 1st, 2012, 08:25 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
sucks! sorry!! i didnt get in with my first til i was almost done with the first trimester, but i also didnt find out i was pregnant til i was like 8 weeks already LOL....(so my wait didnt seem that long)

i would say just get some pre-natals start taking them...and just try to be as healthy as you can!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

November 1st, 2012, 08:32 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I didnt have insurance when I first found out I was pg and DH was in college, so I went to the health department for my pg test and they signed me up for gov insurance.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
November 1st, 2012, 08:45 AM
Glad to know it can be done. I thought people would bash me for not being insured before TTC. Thanks for the support! I'm not looking for state insurance since I know I'm getting benefits through my employer's group plan soon enough. But I hate not being able to go in for a sonogram! I want to see who's in there!!!
babieseverywhere likes this.
November 1st, 2012, 10:28 AM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Will private insurance cover a pregnancy that's already in progress? That's pretty cool. I always just assumed that pregnancy fell under the "pre-existing conditions" category.

I had state insurance with my son. We had stopped actively TTC during a time that I had a gap in private insurance and naturally that's when my body decided to finally get pregnant . I know people sometimes look down on folks with government insurance but ultimately it was about bringing my son into the world in a safe, healthy way, and I am thankful that the resources were there for me to have coverage when I really needed it. This time around I am covered through an independent policy since I work for myself.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

November 1st, 2012, 12:15 PM
Yeah before we started TTC, I looked online and called the benefits department at my work and made double, triple, quadruple sure that pregnancy isn't a pre-existing condition. I guess recently a change in healthcare made it mandatory for all company group plans to accept this. wahoo! I feel bad for anyone who had been denied in the past or who had struggles.

Very cool that you are self-employed. We should start a "what do you do" thread.
November 1st, 2012, 02:40 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have public/universal health here, so all the basics are covered (I do have to check with my private fund what is covered though, see what perks I can get, haha. I can chop and change whenever I like, it's illegal for them to discriminate on the basis of "pre existing condition" here)

November 1st, 2012, 06:21 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are self paid (no insurance) since 28 weeks with my last baby. It stinks, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

November 2nd, 2012, 07:08 AM
AnsweredPrayer - wishing you an uncomplicated, inexpensive 9 months!
November 2nd, 2012, 07:51 AM
Veteran
Yeah, it's a law that with business health insurance pregnancy can't be considered a "pre-existing condition." Not sure what the law is for privately obtained health insurance.

My doc barely monitors the first tri. A couple of blood tests, a few other little things, but otherwise not much anyway. Things don't start getting really cool until the second tri at my doc.
chessalove likes this.
November 2nd, 2012, 08:41 AM
Veteran
I never go to the OB during first trimester anyway, just take your vitamin's and enjoy the excitement!
chessalove likes this.
November 2nd, 2012, 09:01 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Many women don't go the first tri. There isn't much to be done, that can prevent anything. Same with all the tests in the second tri, it's not preventing anything. What's done is done. I've never had betas except when i had my loss and only had an ultrasound in the first tri once. If it makes you feel better, I've had my BFP for almost a week and haven't called my mid wife yet. Just take vitamins, drink plenty of water and IMO you're good to go
November 2nd, 2012, 09:04 AM
oh no, what's IMO? lol
November 2nd, 2012, 09:13 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hahaha it means in my opinion

Just watch the business of being born, you'll feel better if anyone wants to bash you, then they should probably leave this board, as that's not what just mommies is about. It's a supportive, helpful community.
*Kiliki* and DaniB+3 like this.
November 2nd, 2012, 01:03 PM
I did see that documentary, I loved every minute of it! My hubby was all grossed out watching the births and I'm just like glued to the screen. Very empowering! (IMO... lol)
.:fearless:. likes this.
November 2nd, 2012, 01:12 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
yeah i know a lot of women who do not go in the first trimester....all they really do is draw some blood do a pap smear if you haven't had one recently....and tell you to take prenatals unless there are more complications (like when i had bleeding with Helena)

and you are only seen once...maybe twice in the first trimester anyways lol
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

November 2nd, 2012, 02:09 PM
Veteran
Well, I don't have insurance at all right now, so we're paying out of pocket. Thankfully my Dr. has a cash price and I was shocked to discover it is a heck of a lot less than what we paid to have DD when we DID have insurance!

But with my first pregnancy I didn't have any "real" pre-natal care until about 12 weeks. I had a midwife at first, who I saw only one time at 10 weeks, but we didn't really do anything at that appointment. She tried the doppler but it was too early to pick up the HB. When I saw my Dr. for the first time at 12 weeks, we were able to pick up the HB right away on the doppler.
chessalove likes this.

Dylan Thomas - born into Heaven 2/7/09
Vivian Noelle - 12/17/09
Faith Caroline - 6/26/13
November 3rd, 2012, 05:27 PM
I am in the exact same boat. I don't have insurance yet, but my insurance through my employer kicks in December 1st. So I will be about 10 weeks. I usually end up on meds for morning sickness. I am hoping to make it to December before needing to see the doc. It feels weird to be pregnant and not have an apointment schedualled!
chessalove likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search