Pregnancy No Nos

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2012, 11:36 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Soft serve is made with unpasturised milk apparently.

November 2nd, 2012, 08:55 AM
Veteran
I did everything right with my first, and haven't followed any rules since then. I haven't cut back on my coffee (3 cups/day), I never eat lunch meat or soft serve anyway. I have sushi once a month or so, and won't stop doing that. I love all cheese, that won't change. When I am not pregnant I drink 2-3 glasses of wine/day, when I am pregnant, I still have a half glass when I crave it ( a couple of times/week). When I was preggo with DS in 2006, I was on a message board with several from Europe who said that they and many others in Europe didn't cut back at all during pregnancy. I looked up the official European recommendations at the time which were 1-2 glasses of wine/week spaced out or all at the same time either way was fine. I follow that recommendation even though I think they now say to abstaine in Europe too. I've read that in Australia they say 1 glass per day is ok.

It guess following the rules is a very personal decision for everyone, I don't take it lightly, it is something I have put a lot of thought and research into especially because I have a special needs child (my first born, the one I followed all of the rules with). For my situation, this is what works.
November 2nd, 2012, 09:08 AM
chessalove's Avatar Love my little family
I am already missing blue cheese crumbles. Never thought of how much I actually ate it until already twice this week I had to select a different kind!
November 2nd, 2012, 09:10 AM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are the only country (US) that says no alcohol. We do a lot of things differently for some reason. I've, personally, never had a drink while pregnant, but I've read many studies on it.

Soft serve is a risk for listeria. If the machine isn't cleaned well, it could carry listeria. Like I said...I didn't hear of that until my most recent baby...and I still ate it lol. In fact, I craved soft serve twist. YUM!
November 2nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
Super Mommy
LOL, I had sandwich meat for lunch.

I love herbal tea and drank quite a bit of licorice mint tea during my first pregnancy, before I realized the packaging advised against pregnant women drinking it. This time around I'm trying to stick to peppermint which I saw on some "ok" list, and ginger which my doc advised last time to help with nausea. Oh, and my little guy is fine in spite of the licorice tea.

I've cut caffeine to the advised amount (2 cups or less of coffee). I probably slipped up a few times during my first pregnancy, but I'll do my best this time.
November 2nd, 2012, 11:15 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man I NEVER heard that about soft serve. WOW learn something new everyday. I don't eat sushi either, that's one of my favorites. MMMM sushi.

November 2nd, 2012, 02:09 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:fearless:. View Post
We are the only country (US) that says no alcohol.
No, Australia, New Zealand and I believe the UK also say no alcohol.

November 3rd, 2012, 07:20 AM
Regular
I have read that blue cheese is OK as long as it is pasteurized -- most cheese sold in the regular grocery store it pasteurized. Just be sure to read the label!

I love blue cheese - - could eat it on anything!
chessalove likes this.

Our little firecracker is due on the 4th of July!
November 4th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Amber76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Amber76
I skip the lunchmeat unless I heat it up in the microwave, I skip all alcohol, I don't smoke and don't like sushi so those aren't issues. Caffeine is my weakness but I limit to one or less a day. I followed the same with both DD's, well I think I had even less caffeine with DD1.

Katerina 01/10/07 Gabriella 12/29/09 2012 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search