This is our last..now what do I do???

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2012, 12:47 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
Okay. I wanted to get my tubes tied after during my csection for this baby, but the hospital that my doc delivers at doesn't perform this surgery because it is a catholic hospital. I am debating on getting an IUD instead..but I don't what what to do!!?? I could go to a new doc and new hospital but I love the hospital and doctor I have. Do any of you have experience with IUDs?? What kind what do you think??
November 5th, 2012, 12:54 PM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i got the mirena 8 weeks PP with jacob. i LOVED it! you will read some horror stories about IUDs. but i can tell you that they can be wonderful. i had it for 2.5 years. had it taken out to TTC #2. i didn't get AF until jacob self-weaned at 26 months, and then it was less than a single day, every 28 days on the dot. i used to have horrible cramps, and not as twinge of pain with the mirena. i can't wait to get it again after this baby. this is also our last, but even if DH decides to go through with the snip, snip, i will still get the mirena. it evened out my hormones (i can be an emotional mess, especially on BCP), and basically stopped AF altogether.
November 5th, 2012, 12:58 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had the mirena after #2 and HATED it. I bled the entire time and had infection after infection. I have lots of friends that either hated it or loved it. It's probably half and half.

November 5th, 2012, 01:11 PM
AIK112018's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had mirena in from june 2009 - october 2011.
I honestly hated it! It was so painful...
And then I saw a commercial for it not too long ago from a lawfirm agency saying that it is no good...I personally wouldn't recommend it... but everyone will have different experiences.
November 5th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Veteran
My husband used to work in the ER. A woman came in with abdominal pain. Turns out her IUD had perforated her uterus and migrated into her abdomen. Both he and the doc on the case had never seen it before, but I guess horror stories can happen.

I know some people who love Essure. You might want to consider that.
November 5th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I second the Essure suggestion, it does everything you want from BC. But it is absolutely not reversible at all because it scars your Fallopian tubes.

November 5th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Veteran
I used implanon between #1 and #2, it's the implant, the size of a match stick that the put just under the skin in your arm. I thought it was wonderful. It was progesterone only, so I was able to BF with it, it didn't cause the mood swings that the pill always did for me.
November 5th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, if I were you and really wanted to get my tubes tied, I would just go to a different hospital. There are lots of wonderful doctors out there and chances are you will find another doctor who is lovely and happy to do the procedure.

(I am also stunned that they refuse types of care based on religious affiliation of the hospital, no way would that fly here, you learn something new every day I guess)

November 5th, 2012, 03:39 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiam View Post
Honestly, if I were you and really wanted to get my tubes tied, I would just go to a different hospital. There are lots of wonderful doctors out there and chances are you will find another doctor who is lovely and happy to do the procedure.
I ditto that.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
November 5th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Veteran
I'd make your hubby get snipped. Haha.
DD- 3 years old

Ttc #2 since 2010

IUi w/donor sperm #1- BFP!!
DD Born April 2009

Jan 2010 - IUI #2 - BFP!!
Blighted ovum 8 weeks

2010-2011- IUIs 3,4,5,6= BFN

October 2011- IUI #7- clomid- BFP!
Chemical @ 5 weeks

May 2012- IUI #8- BFP!
Chemical @ 4 weeks

On to IVF!

7/20/12- start stims
8/1/12- ER - 20 eggs- 14-15 mature
13 fertilized!
8/5/12- ET 2, Grade A fully expanded blasts. 6 to freeze!!!!!
BFN!!

October 2012- FET cycle.
Transferred 2 embryos

BFP @ 3.75dp5dt!!

Waiting for beta #1 ....

November 5th, 2012, 08:05 PM
LittleMomma09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had the Mirena for a year and a half and had to have it removed because it was causing me to have a lot of pain with random times of bleeding. Everything was fine up until the year mark with it. Also my friend had it for about 2 years and got cysts with it that had to be removed. Not long after she had hers removed she ended up having to have a hysterectomy.

My sister had to go with Essure because she isn't suppose to get pregnant because of medical issues. Surgery of any kind could kill her. Essure worked perfect for her. She said there was a little pain but it was because her tube were on the small side, so they had a hard time getting them in. The only down fall is there is no undoing it like you can with your tubes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search