"morning" sickness... here we go

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Super Mommy
I had been hoping for one of those relatively symptom-free first trimesters but it looks like it won't be that easy. I'm 5w 5d and for the last two days I've been fighting nausea that comes and goes throughout the day. I've been surviving on toast, orange juice, crackers, yogurt, lettuce, bananas and chicken noodle soup, and I'm now attempting to forcefeed myself a few bites of mashed potatoes.

How has everyone been coping with this?
November 5th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Regular
So far, I haven't actually thrown up, but I've had momentary nausea where I'll feel it, gag for a minute, but nothing comes up..then I'm fine. When it starts, I tell myself "NO!" lol, and then it goes away. So...will power, I guess? I'm sure at some point I will be on the losing end of that game though.
November 5th, 2012, 03:48 PM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
I havent had anything at all yet but tireness.. Last PGancy I had morning sickness for 6 month straight it was crazy, I hoping it not that bad this time around
November 5th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is it wrong of me to say that I am jealous of the women with morning sickness?

November 5th, 2012, 04:30 PM
AIK112018's Avatar Elizabeth
I am hoping I dont have m/s for thanksgiving .. we dont want to tell anyone until christmas! If I do, oh well. Its worth it
November 5th, 2012, 07:19 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
It's hit me hard today and I've been nauseous all day but haven't puked... Sometimes I just wish I would puke because I know I'd feel better. I've been surviving on lemonade and fruit today!
November 6th, 2012, 12:06 AM
FyreMommy2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Preggie Pop Drops from Babies R Us are great. That and Seltzer water got me thru my first pregnancy.

Our 2 year journey through Infertility & conceiving via IUI
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a8678

November 6th, 2012, 04:30 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i made a similar thread yesterday b/c mine is so bad. i'm throwing up multiple times per day and am nauseous 24/7. i put a call into my doctor to see if they would rx me something. i had it bad with DS, but not this bad!
November 6th, 2012, 07:44 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sick as crap already. Not happy. I get bad m/s with all of my pregnancies but I think this is the earliest that it's ever hit me so badly. I called the OB's office to ask for some advice and they told me to try some combination of Emetrol, Nausaid, sea bands, B12, and Preggie Pop Drops. I couldn't find the Preggie drops or Nausaid and I hate Emetrol so I got some B12 and a pack of ginger chewing gum. I would give sea bands a whirl but I have to wait until I announce the pregnancy, as I am sure wearing sea bands would be a dead giveaway. I may also order the Preggie drops off of Amazon. However, if all of this OTC stuff doesn't put a dent in how I feel then I am asking for Zofran at my appointment on the 19th. I can't chase after a toddler while puking all day. No freakin' way.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

November 7th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Nothing yet. I'm only 4 weeks 1 day though. I had no sickness at all with my first pregnancy so I'm hoping that's how this one goes as well!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
November 7th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Super Mommy
Today was a fairly good day for me - only felt sick about 20% of the time. The hardest is the subway commute to work in the morning... all those people crammed into a small space, sometimes not having a seat, feeling too hot because it's only a few degrees out so I'm wearing a winter jacket but it's a zillion degrees in the train... It's awful enough on any normal day, nevermind when you're in your first trimester and battling morning sickness.

I can't wait until my belly is showing so that people might be so kind as to get up and offer me their seat (although I'm fairly sure that not ALL will be so polite).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search