Twins anyone?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2012, 05:12 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure this has been asked before but does anyone have a higher chance for twins? Or think they might have twins.

I've only known about being pregnant for 3 days now, but every time I say "the babies." I doubt I will have twins but since this was a Clomid cycle, (and we have a 1 and 10 chance for twins) I think I am trying to prepare myself if we do.

Oct '11 June '12
November 6th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Twins run on both sides of our families, but otherwise, I don't have a higher chance. My husband and my family think I'm having twins but I don't. When I was pregnant with Norah, I was convinced that I was pregnant with twin girls but I wasn't so it'd be funny if I was wrong this time too lol

November 6th, 2012, 05:33 AM
AIK112018's Avatar Elizabeth
We tried natural ways for a multiple pregnancy... so who knows!
I was going to ask the doctor to put me on clomid if we didnt conceive this month.

I also think I hyperovulated? I had severe pain in both of my ovaries the day I ovulated...
DH and I have always wanted 5 children, so we thought we could try to get "two birds with one stone" here. haha
I have fraternal twin siblings...
And I tested positive before my missed period on a clearblue digital... and with very diluted urine... which I am told is very rare to happen with a digi.
I also started getting symptoms at 8dpo... My bbs are hurting, cramping like crazy, starving all the time, and tired all the time. I havent even missed AF yet!
Of course I will be just as happy with just one baby...

Last edited by AIK112018; November 6th, 2012 at 05:52 AM.
November 6th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Veteran
I thought *maybe* twins when I first got my BFP because the line was so dark for just 11 DPO... much darker than I usually get at that point in previous pregnancies.

No twins in Hubby's family, but I don't know about mine because I'm adopted.

I'm older, and I know the chances of multiples increases with older maternal age.

And boy, I seem to be popping already!

But the lines on my HPTs haven't gotten dramatically darker for a few days, so I'm thinking not twins. Who knows though?
November 6th, 2012, 05:46 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are weird and would LOVE twins, but I doubt we got twins since this was a natural cycle without meds or anything.
AIK112018 likes this.

November 6th, 2012, 05:52 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
As soon as I found out I was pregnant I thought twins. It probably isn't twins but that is what I thought. I guess because I got a BFP at like 7 DPO. It was pretty dark, but not as dark as the control line.
November 6th, 2012, 05:56 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm secretly scared that it might be twins. my betas are HIGH with a doubling time of only 36 hours (draws were at 4.3 (1,235) and 5.1 (11,000) weeks, so the doubling seems crazy). my m/s is also much worse than with DS at this point. oh, and i tracked my cycle for the first time ever the month we conceived, and i got a strong + OPK 6 days in a row. i still don't know what that means! guess i'll find out at my u/s on monday ...
MeggysMommy and AIK112018 like this.
November 6th, 2012, 05:59 AM
AIK112018's Avatar Elizabeth
Oooh fx crossed for you tela that its just one!
November 6th, 2012, 06:06 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIK112018 View Post
Oooh fx crossed for you tela that its just one!
i've always said i'm one of those people who could never handle twins. of course, if it is, then we will manage! i have so much respect for moms of multiples. i've only had ONE child for 3.5 years, and i feel overwhelmed!

oh, and twins run on both sides of my family ...
AIK112018 likes this.
November 6th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Regular
my dad is a twin and my hubby is convinced i'm having twins. we shall see!
November 6th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Super Mommy
I would LOVE to have twins, but, seeing as I am a twin, the chances are not likely!
November 6th, 2012, 11:25 AM
chessalove's Avatar Love my little family
I want twins so bad!!! But only if its a boy and a girl
That's been my little fantasy for years. But I don't think I have a chance of it any more than the normal stats. My hubby has two sets of twins one generation before him, but it's all about the female and I have no twin history in my family. Still hoping though!!
November 6th, 2012, 11:46 AM
I thought if you are a twin you have greater odds to have twins? I could be wrong though.

Oct '11 June '12
November 6th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_mommy View Post
I thought if you are a twin you have greater odds to have twins? I could be wrong though.
I don't know what the actual stats are, but in my family twins skip a generation!
MoreThanEnough likes this.
November 6th, 2012, 01:18 PM

Oct '11 June '12
November 6th, 2012, 02:12 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would love twin GIRLS to even out our brood

November 6th, 2012, 02:44 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I had two embryos transferred during our fet so twins are a possibility...but I really only think there is one baby in there. I would be totally fine with twins, but just as happy with one!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
November 6th, 2012, 07:33 PM
DaniB+3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I had a set of identical twin girls at age 21 with no medical assistance so it is certainly possible to do it without intervention, gals!

Fraternal twins are the type of twins that "run" in families but identicals are a random act of nature. HOWEVER, once you have a set of identicals your chance of having subsequent sets of twins is substantially higher compared to the general population. Reason being is that identical twins are the result of one egg splitting into two embryos, meaning that mother's eggs may just be more prone to splitting. So a second set of twins is certainly a possibility for me. I am a member of a local mothers of multiples social club and you wouldn't believe the amount of members who have multiple sets of multiples (and yes, many of them are without MA).

I got a BFP on a digital test at 9 DPO with diluted urine and I have been crazy sick as a dog which indicates that my hormones are in overdrive. So while I doubt I'm having twins again I will certainly be keeping my eyes peeled during that first ultrasound!
chessalove likes this.

Thank you, *sharon*, for my siggy!

November 6th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was higher risk because of IVF, I only had one transferred but because the embryos are over-handled apparently there is a higher chance of identical twins.

Would be my nightmare though, haha.

But I had my 6 week scan today and fortunately there is only one in there, phew.

November 7th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My pregnancy I lost in July was twins and we have twins on both sides of the family. DH and I would love twins.

7/24/12
10/09/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search