Anyone else worried about money?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Super Mommy
Not really. I'm planning on BFing and CDing. FH will be a SAHD, so that will take care of childcare expenses. We've been picking up baby gear here and there at yard sales and thrift stores for awhile and will continue to do so. The biggie is the fact that we live in an inherited house, so our housing costs are miniscule. It's a three bedroom and we plan on having no more than two children, so we're good on space.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
November 11th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Veteran
Yes, definitely worried about money. Even though me and my DH have OK paying jobs, with our mortgage and then two kids in daycare, it's going to be tight around here. Also, we live in a condo so we're running out of space. We're either going to have to convert our office into a nursery or start looking for a house.

November 11th, 2012, 11:20 AM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
DH just lost his second job (that was our fun money, his regular job takes care of everything else). So yes I am a little worried but I know everything will work out.
I am thinking about when the Baby is born & all the extra expenses!!! Better start saving now :-)
November 11th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Veteran
Yes since my bf is unemployed and my job is going into its slow season and were barely getting by know

Little One never forgotten 10/17/2013

Sarah & Michael
Hoping for a little miracle

November 11th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Yes ma'am! DP has 2 jobs and I'm currently looking for another. I've been unemployed for a few months and was actively applying before we got our BFP. Now i'm a little nervous that getting hired now may be an issue since i will have to take maternity leave 9 months from now. I'm keeping it a secret and hoping my future employer wont feel duped after i tell them. I know we can make ends meet with his income, but I want us to be comfortable. Im trying not to stress about it, but its always on my mind
TTC #1

November 11th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Veteran
I've found that things always work out in the end... It may not look how you would've expected but they turn out fine. From one former first-time mom worrier to another, everything will be okay. there will be bumps in the road but everything generally turns out okay.
DD- 3 years old

Ttc #2 since 2010

IUi w/donor sperm #1- BFP!!
DD Born April 2009

Jan 2010 - IUI #2 - BFP!!
Blighted ovum 8 weeks

2010-2011- IUIs 3,4,5,6= BFN

October 2011- IUI #7- clomid- BFP!
Chemical @ 5 weeks

May 2012- IUI #8- BFP!
Chemical @ 4 weeks

On to IVF!

7/20/12- start stims
8/1/12- ER - 20 eggs- 14-15 mature
13 fertilized!
8/5/12- ET 2, Grade A fully expanded blasts. 6 to freeze!!!!!
BFN!!

October 2012- FET cycle.
Transferred 2 embryos

BFP @ 3.75dp5dt!!

Waiting for beta #1 ....

November 11th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Super Mommy
Yes yes yes... Money is always tight. Our land lord just sold the house and I think we have a month before we have to move. My DH just recently started a new job so he's making more money. Yesterday he got an email that he was getting a raise so I'm very thankful for that. It's so stressful not knowing where we will live. Both of our credits are shot and so it's going to be tough... I've been praying for some kind of miracle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search