5 GTKY Questions!

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2012, 05:45 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Favorite food? Wow, does is sound bad to say almost everything? Anything with Pesto, sushi, thai, nachos, any curry, gyros, good pizza, chocolate. Maybe it's easier to say that I don't like raisins or canned mushrooms, but fresh (cooked are usually ok.)

2. Favorite kind of music? Lately I've been into electronic I guess is what's it's called. My current favorite is M83. Black Keys is another new favorite. I just came out of a 3-4 year good 80's music phase. Classic rock and oldies are always faves. I also like David Bowie, The Killers and The Red Hot Chili Peppers. No country (except Rascal Flatts.)

3. Do you have any hobbies or what do you like to do for fun? I do crafty things and just learned how to crochet. Hanging out with friends and spending time with family.

4. How long have you been with your DH/SO and where did you meet him? We worked at a restaurant together. Known him for 11 years and almost married 5 years.

5. Are you a night owl? early bird? Night owl normally, but the last week or so I've been waking up between 5 and 6. Pairing this with not drinking coffee (which I love) doesn't mix well!

Oct '11 June '12
November 8th, 2012, 09:15 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you all don't mind that I join, since I still don't have my BFP yet, but I just can't stay away until I know I'm not part of the group.
1. Favorite food?honestly I'm not sure I have one. I like a lot of foods! Favorite candy is dark chocolate, favorite drink is either coke or hot chocolate, favorite food...?

2. Favorite kind of music?I love Christian music, current stuff, not so much the hymns though some of them are pretty. my church sings hymns and I really miss Christian rock

3. Do you have any hobbies or what do you like to do for fun?I sew, crochet, I'm a doula whenever I can get a client, I'm new to my area so I'm still waiting on my first client here. But I love all things baby! carseat safety, nursing, I just like to help mamas get what they want out of the last trimester of pregnancy and the first few weeks after birth, as well as birth it's self.

4. How long have you been with your DH/SO and where did you meet him?My best friend married her high school sweetheart who joined the military before their wedding 6 years ago. I helped her move all her things to Oklahoma from Michigan and her husband recruited a friend to help them unpack when we arrived, a few weeks later I was dating his friend. It worked out crazy well since now we are married, and our best friends are married.

5. Are you a night owl? early bird? I dont' know anymore, I seem to fluxuate. Currently my husband works second shift and gets home at about 11:45 so I stay upwith him to watch tv for awhile when he gets home which means I dont' get out of bed in the morning until 9am (depending on whether my son who wakes at 7am will let me sleep in or not) but in other parts of my life I've been fine to get up at 7am without a problem.. I just can't seem to manage any earlier than 7am without having a really good reason for it. I wake up in a great mood regardless of how much sleep I've had, but after breakfast is when you'll see my mood for what it really is
November 9th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Super Mommy
Just thought it would be fun to start to get to know each other a little more! These are just 5 random questions that popped into my head!

1. Favorite food?

2. Favorite kind of music?

3. Do you have any hobbies or what do you like to do for fun?

4. How long have you been with your DH/SO and where did you meet him?

5. Are you a night owl? early bird?

1. Favorite food? Usually Chinese

2. Favorite kind of music? Country

3. Do you have any hobbies or what do you like to do for fun? I love to read but I haven't had much time for that. I love to go to old ghost towns and camping.

4. How long have you been with your DH/SO and where did you meet him? We've been together for four years. Married for almost 3 and met online

5. Are you a night owl? early bird? Between the 2 I'm a night owl. Although lately I've been calling it a night a lot earlier.

November 9th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1. Fav food: Mexican, southwest, tex mex
2. Music: love norah jones
3. Hobbies: baking cakes
4. With SO: 3y, met online
5. Time of day: early bird

Last edited by Sunrise; November 9th, 2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Incomplete entry
November 9th, 2012, 09:20 AM
chessalove's Avatar Love my little family
1. Favorite food? mac and cheese

2. Favorite kind of music? pop, hip hop. the beat is all that matters. Kanye West is my fav. I also like weird stuff like Cascada.

I love to work out! I also like to read.

4. How long have you been with your DH/SO and where did you meet him? Almost 6 years ago we met when I was a go-go dancer at a night club and he was there with some friends. We are SO not like that anymore.

5. Are you a night owl? early bird? early bird. Bed at 8, wake at 5. "sleeping in" is 7am
November 9th, 2012, 09:25 PM
1. Favorite food? lasagna

2. Favorite kind of music? r&b/neo-soul

3. Do you have any hobbies or what do you like to do for fun? reading, playing with my 2yr old son, and watching movies w/ my hubby

4. How long have you been with your DH/SO and where did you meet him? 6 years together. married almost 2 years 5. Are you a night owl? early bird? night owl, i get off work at 12a.
November 10th, 2012, 12:56 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Favorite food? Mexican Food

2. Favorite kind of music? Christian

3. Do you have any hobbies or what do you like to do for fun? Crocheting, photography and playing with my boys

4. How long have you been with your DH/SO and where did you meet him? We've been married for 5 years and have know each other for 6 years. We met in an online billiards chat room when I lived in CA and he lived in SC, he flew out to meet me in person during his Christmas leave.

5. Are you a night owl? early bird? Both lol, but I'm not an early bird by choice, my kids get up early.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

November 10th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Favorite food?
Pasta.

Eclectic really. I'm not fussy with music. Classical, Jazz, Country, Rock, Indie, Metal, Cabaret, Circus, Spiritual. There is not a lot of music I don't like.

Read (but I guess that comes with being a librarian) I play the cello, I love cooking, bushwalking/hiking and crafty things.

We met online, we have been together for about 3 and a half years.

Early bird.

Last edited by Kiam; November 10th, 2012 at 06:08 PM.
November 11th, 2012, 12:38 AM
LittleMomma09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Favorite food? Mashed potatoes... yum!

2. Favorite kind of music? Country.

3. Do you have any hobbies or what do you like to do for fun? I love to read. I would rather read any day over watching TV.

4. How long have you been with your DH/SO and where did you meet him? We have been together 8years & married 6years. I met him on the internet.

5. Are you a night owl? early bird? Night owl.

November 11th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Super Mommy
1. Favorite food? Cheese

2. Favorite kind of music? Rock

3. Do you have any hobbies or what do you like to do for fun? Cooking, movies

4. How long have you been with your DH/SO and where did you meet him? I met him while studying abroad in Cuba. we married quickly and I brought him to Canada to start a new life together. Almost everyone at that time thought that I was out of my mind but almost 7 years later, we are embarking on a whole new journey together with our first child.

5. Are you a night owl? early bird? Used to be a night owl but with this pregnancy I've been going to bed much earlier than usual. Still wouldn't call myself an early bird, though!
November 11th, 2012, 11:23 AM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
1. Favorite food? Palak Paneer! (Indian dish)

2. Favorite kind of music? The Cure.

3. Do you have any hobbies or what do you like to do for fun? I love running, cycling and reading.

4. How long have you been with your DH/SO and where did you meet him? Almost 7 years and we met through friends.

5. Are you a night owl? early bird? Night owl but I really need to work on being an early bird. Mornings are so beautiful
November 11th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Regular
1. Favorite food? To quote Joey from Friends- "Fried stuff with cheese!" Seriously.

2. Favorite kind of music? Not really anything specific but I love Queen and broadway stuff.

3. Do you have any hobbies or what do you like to do for fun? There's a movie theater here that serves a full menu while you watch movies and they always do all kinds of special events and showings. We're there at least once a week. And, by the way, they happen to serve some of the best fried stuff with cheese around

4. How long have you been with your DH/SO and where did you meet him? we've been together 11 years. we met in preschool, grew up in the same neighborhood, but were in different social circles until high school. started dating our junior year of high school and have been together ever since! married since july 09

5. Are you a night owl? early bird? totally an early bird. always have been. DH is definitely a night owl though!
chessalove likes this.
November 11th, 2012, 12:03 PM
crash's Avatar Veteran
1. Favorite food?

Lately, Japanese.

Alternative

I love sewing for fun. I made almost everything for my son. I also made my labor gown.
XO Utero - Brown Deer, WI - Shopping & Retail | Facebook

I have been with my husband for 9 years, I think, and married for 4 years. I met him outside of highschool. I was home schooled, he was in the highschool, and I met him walking past my car when I was picking up friends.

Night owl, probably... but I am tired all the time now, I would have to say a never owl.
November 12th, 2012, 09:09 AM
chessalove's Avatar Love my little family
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
1. Favorite food?

Lately, Japanese.

Alternative

I love sewing for fun. I made almost everything for my son. I also made my labor gown.
XO Utero - Brown Deer, WI - Shopping & Retail | Facebook

I have been with my husband for 9 years, I think, and married for 4 years. I met him outside of highschool. I was home schooled, he was in the highschool, and I met him walking past my car when I was picking up friends.

Night owl, probably... but I am tired all the time now, I would have to say a never owl.
Hey there,

I think we are neighbors I grew up in Menomonee Falls. I'm currently living in Minneapolis while my hubby finishes grad school but we'll move home after that.
November 12th, 2012, 09:43 AM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Super Mommy
1. Favorite food? Mashed potatoes with gravy.

2. Favorite kind of music? Anything that catches my interest at the moment, which changes frequently.

3. Do you have any hobbies or what do you like to do for fun? Arts, Crafts, Reading, Gaming.

4. How long have you been with your DH/SO and where did you meet him? We got married April 2011. We met at church over 3 years ago.

5. Are you a night owl? early bird? Usually early bird, used to be both though, but lately I've been going to sleep earlier and earlier and getting up earlier and earlier.
November 12th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Morgans Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Favorite food? Crab Legs

2. Favorite kind of music? Top 40 and country

3. Do you have any hobbies or what do you like to do for fun? Shopping!

4. How long have you been with your DH/SO and where did you meet him? We have been married for 4 years and met at work.

5. Are you a night owl? early bird? Definitely an early bird
Baking a Rainbow

8/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search