Getting frustrated (w/my doc office)

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2012, 01:46 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still don't have my hcg levels back from my first test and I'm getting very irritated. I even called Quest diagnostic and apparently they are not ready... Really? How long could it possibly take. I don't want to go through the weekend with no answers. My spotting has pretty much stopped. It got a littlee worse yesterday after my pelvic exam and pap but still never turned red again, just brown. My appetite isn't the best but it's cause I'm worried. I can still tell my temp is high, feel flushed like always after ovulation so i know my temps haven't dropped indicating a real problem and I feel crappy like I'm still pregnant so what the heck is going on. Plus when I had my loss a few months ago at 6 weeks and 5 days my doc said the tech at the hospital wouldn't have been able to see anything on the transvaginal scan, so why did she get concerned about not seeing anything on the abdominal scan at 5 weeks and 5 days? I'm wondering if I need a second opinion. I have been seeing her since I was 16 and she delivered all my children but she is making me question what she thinks she did, or rather did not, see on my ultrasound yesterday. I mean isn't 5 weeks too early to see a sac possibly?

November 8th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I honestly have no advice or knowledge about this but wanted to offer you huge hugs!! I hope you get some answers soon! I would keep calling every couple of hours and bug them! How long did they say it would take for results?

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
November 8th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks so much hun! They said it should be in this afternoon. It's already 1 and I last spoke to them at 10 this morning so I'm going to call back.

November 8th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
yep I would call! Let us know what you find out!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
November 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Still nothing last time I called. Told me likely tomorrow...argh!! Plus she is waiting on all my other test from yesterday. She did the whole pregnancy blood workup so now I just wait I guess. Hopefully I will know something concrete tomorrow. I will update tomorrow and hopefully with some kind of answers and hopefully good ones.

November 8th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Could your dates be off? I have heard that the sac shows up after you get to a certain hcg level, so the hcg results will really give you more information.

I really hope you hear something soon.

November 8th, 2012, 08:18 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
earlier than 7 weeks can vary a lot depending on the woman, and the pregnancy. I wouldn't worry too much, although I did go through a similar situation back in Jan. Only my bleeding didn't stop. It took them 3 weeks to find my baby after I started bleeding and found out I was pregnant, and when they did find it they said it was ectopic and rushed me to the OR, during the whole 3 weeks my bleeding never stopped. So my situation is not the same as yours, but the waiting, especially for the first HCG test was REDICULOUS! what you can do for any others that are coming up is to tell the dr. to write urgent or whatever on the chart, typically Quest Diagnosics can take a week or more to process a report that isn't specified as urgent. by the doctor. You can also mention to them when they take your paperwork that they need to have it processed as quickly as possible for your doctor to be sure that they see it is marked urgent. After seeing them every other day for 3 weeks they started actually getting my results to me by the next business day. Which always sucked on the weekends.
November 9th, 2012, 09:14 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i had similar issues with my doctor and labcorp. i spent so much time on the phone just waiting for the nurse to tell me they didn't have the results and to call back tomorrow. repeat and repeat. i finally broke down in tears on the phone last friday (crying helps!) to get my results before the weekend.
November 9th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Omg! I can't believe this. I'm so frustrated I want to cry. Labs are back and low and behold there was NO hcg quantity test in there. Now they want me to come in and do it again. She claims all they took was a blood pregnancy test confirming I am indeed pregnant. How can you give someone bad news about their pregnancy and then drag your butt on giving answers.? I'm upset beyond belief. I want answers now! She scares me with saying she can't see anything and then mentions ectopic but drags on my labs and even scheduled my next appointment 6 weeks out! So is my baby in danger or not and is it a normal pregnancy or not! I mean what the heck. I'm calling a new doctor today. I'm very disappointed in what's happened so far with my other doc and all she did was create a lot of panic for me and not give me answers.

November 9th, 2012, 11:31 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
our stories are eerily similar. when i called for my 1st betas, i finally found out the tech at labcorp typed in the wrong code, and they only did the qual test. i had to start all over again. i feel for you - i was livid!
November 9th, 2012, 11:59 AM
A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tela View Post
our stories are eerily similar. when i called for my 1st betas, i finally found out the tech at labcorp typed in the wrong code, and they only did the qual test. i had to start all over again. i feel for you - i was livid!
That's exactly what seems to have happened and I am completely livid. I don't know what to do at this point. My doctor is already on the other side of town from us. I don't have time for these types of mistakes nor do I have the patience.

November 9th, 2012, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=tela;26749471]our stories are eerily similar. when i called for my 1st betas, i finally found out the tech at labcorp typed in the wrong code, and they only did the qual test. i had to start all over again. i feel for you - i was livid!['

I'm going to go AGAIN today and have blood drawn and this time I already called called Quest and made sure the order was for hcg quantities.

Last edited by PrettyMommy; November 9th, 2012 at 12:18 PM.
November 9th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you are going through this!

November 9th, 2012, 05:41 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
geez, that is so frustrating!! I'm sorry you are having to go through this!
November 9th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Ok... Went back to Quest and had the right test done for sure this time. Should have something back non later then Tuesday. The only thing comforting me is my spotting g is barely thereafter I still feel pregnant. I'm not too worried about an ectopic, i would think I'd have pain of some sort if that was the case. I truly think it just was too early to see anything on the scan. Again I will keep you all posted.

November 10th, 2012, 07:09 PM
FyreMommy2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Our 2 year journey through Infertility & conceiving via IUI
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a8678

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search