Cravings and aversions

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This morning I ate melted cheese and tomato on pancakes

The idea of jam or syrup just repulsed me, but for some reason, cheese and tomato sounded like a good idea. It tasted good... well, to me it tasted good, I can imagine that at any other time, it would taste pretty bland and dull.
BeachMum and bellabri287 like this.

November 10th, 2012, 04:58 PM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ha ha ha!! With my last pregnancy I ate salsa on my waffles because syrup did NOT sound good and I could not get enough salsa.

November 11th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star_Dee View Post
Haven't had any aversions yet, but i've been craving red meat, especially steak! I usually don't eat a lot of red meat. I had 2 this week and DP is cooking another tomorrow per my request.
My first pregnancy was like that. We went to Chipotle a lot so DH could get something chickeny and I could get something beefy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by answeredprayer View Post
Ha ha ha!! With my last pregnancy I ate salsa on my waffles because syrup did NOT sound good and I could not get enough salsa.
LOL, there have been some pretty weird cravings!!! Bleccchh!
November 11th, 2012, 07:42 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had many yet. I seem to alternate between ravenously hungry and then only being able to eat a few bites.
My biggest craving with DD was gummy bears/worms. Wouldn't you know I happened to pick up a 6lb bag while at Costco in the 2WW

Oct '11 June '12
November 11th, 2012, 08:32 AM
crash's Avatar Veteran
Yes, and yes... There are days only one thing in the world sounds good. Nothing else.
I wanted chicken wings really bad the other day, and I bought a whole bunch. I ate 3 and now every time I think about chicken wings, I want to throw up.
I am into spicy food and Asian food.
It's going to be a long pregnancy.
November 11th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Super Mommy
FOOD CRAVINGS:
I've been craving a lot of fruits lately, specifically oranges and grapes. I try not to do it too often because it's an expensive habit, but once a week during my afternoon break I treat myself to a huge banana blueberry smoothie.

Also this morning, I went to Costo and saw a case of V8 cans on sale. I got VERY excited about it - was almost skipping on my way out the store. Plus when I got home, I realized that they forgot to charge me for it so it was FREE - even better! lol

FOOD AVERSIONS:
The major one is eggs. I used to love eggs and would eat them any time of the day. Now, just thinking about it makes me want to gag. The only egg that I can somewhat tolerate is the idea of a cold hard-boiled egg, but I don't think I'm sufficiently mentally prepared to even try it yet.

Fish - my husband made some on Friday and I couldn't even sit at the same table as him.

I'm also having a very difficult time with the smell of Thai food. There's this tom yum gai soup that I used to love but now it just makes me want to hurl. I think it's the combo of cilantro and lemongrass... just can't deal with it right now.
November 11th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I had a weird moment this morning where I ate my usual two slices of vegemite toast, and it tasted so much better than usual, so I made another two. Halfway through piece #4 it tasted so disgusting, I couldn't finish it.

Please please please don't let me go off vegemite.

November 11th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Veteran
Hmmm. Not sure. Chicken kind of grosses me out. Like a baked whole chicken. Ugh. And my DP just made corn for our daughter and it's kind of grossing me out.

I guess it just depends on the mood.
DD- 3 years old

Ttc #2 since 2010

IUi w/donor sperm #1- BFP!!
DD Born April 2009

Jan 2010 - IUI #2 - BFP!!
Blighted ovum 8 weeks

2010-2011- IUIs 3,4,5,6= BFN

October 2011- IUI #7- clomid- BFP!
Chemical @ 5 weeks

May 2012- IUI #8- BFP!
Chemical @ 4 weeks

On to IVF!

7/20/12- start stims
8/1/12- ER - 20 eggs- 14-15 mature
13 fertilized!
8/5/12- ET 2, Grade A fully expanded blasts. 6 to freeze!!!!!
BFN!!

October 2012- FET cycle.
Transferred 2 embryos

BFP @ 3.75dp5dt!!

Waiting for beta #1 ....

November 11th, 2012, 05:44 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
How far along where you ladies when the aversions hit?
November 11th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Super Mommy
Mine started exactly a week ago, when I was 5 weeks and 4 days. Before then I was perfectly fine.
November 11th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Veteran
I've been craving rice, spicy food, and hot wings specifically. All I was able to eat for the majority of my pregnancy with DD was hot wings. And I'm craving them again.

I've noticed I have an aversion to bread. I make garlic toast when we eat pasta dishes and I haven't eaten my toast the last couple of times.

Dylan Thomas - born into Heaven 2/7/09
Vivian Noelle - 12/17/09
Faith Caroline - 6/26/13
November 11th, 2012, 07:26 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIK112018 View Post
No aversions yet...

I have been craving bland foods...
Milk, cheese, bread, and raisin bran cereal with the raisins picked out...

The weirdest craving I think I have ever had was when I was pregnant with DD - I wanted white rice with chocolate syrup.
I never did dare to try it though.
that actually sounds good...now I'm going to have to try it! it makes me think of chocolate flavored rice pudding!
November 11th, 2012, 07:36 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiam View Post
I had a weird moment this morning where I ate my usual two slices of vegemite toast, and it tasted so much better than usual, so I made another two. Halfway through piece #4 it tasted so disgusting, I couldn't finish it.

Please please please don't let me go off vegemite.
ack just the thought of vegemite has me gagging. When I went to New Zealand I thought people were just pulling my leg saying people actually eat that stuff, I brought some home with me and made everyone I know try it, none of them liked it.. more power to you if you can eat it while pregnant! are you in Australia or New Zealand? do they have it anywhere else in the world?
November 11th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Australia.

New Zealand have Marmite, which is AMAZING, it is so much stronger than Vegemite, but the factory was hit with an earthquake about a year ago and they haven't re-opened yet.

I check the supermarket shelves every week to see if Marmite is back.

No idea if it is available anywhere else in the world, no one else seems to like it though, haha.

November 12th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No cravings yet. I have plenty of aversions though, nothing sounds remotely good.

7/24/12
10/09/12
November 12th, 2012, 06:55 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought stuff to make "fried" pickles again. except they will be baked, not fried. Yummo.

November 12th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Veteran
I feel full constantly and have to force myself to eat. When I do eat, I have terrible diarrhea. I haven't weighed myself since before I got pregnant, but if I had to guess, I would bet that I am down a few pounds.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search