What are you afraid of?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Super Mommy
I'm worried about the morning sickness. I get it really bad. Last time it wasn't a huge problem because I could nap and snuggle with my daughter but now that I have two kids I'm worried its going to be really hard. Also since my son is only 5 months old I'm worried he wont get enough mommy time in before the baby comes....
I also share in the worrying over a miscarriage. We lost our first and that was one of that hardest times in my life.

November 10th, 2012, 06:20 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Initially my biggest fear is another missed miscarriage. I'm worried that my body is going to deceive me again. That I am going to have all these symptoms no signs of anything wrong but that the baby wont have a heartbeat.

After that I'm worried about making it out of the first trimester, making it to viability, a late stage loss, and then SIDS. I struggle with anxiety and pregnancy makes it so much worse and I dont take meds for it while pregnant so I feel like I worry all day long for 9 months straight. But I think that might just come with the territory of being a mom!
November 10th, 2012, 06:38 AM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabri287 View Post
1st pregnancy here!

miscarriage, thats a huge one. it's why i don't want to tell for a long time, i know my excitement will soon outweigh those fears after u/s's but still. next is labor... oh lordy i am terrified of tearing. i am also scared i will be a disaster during labor, yelling, screaming, having a breakdown. i'm also afraid of a horrible and out of control birth, they don't listen to me and do things without my consent.
just wanted to put my two cents in, your fears about labor and birth are valid and important, if you are really worried about this get a doula. If you dont' know if you can afford one there are plenty looking for certification that will offer you a discounted rate. Some states even have doula volunteers for low income families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessthanThree View Post
Adhesions, mostly. I had very bad scarring from my first c-section and when I got pregnant with Norah they ripped pretty much constantly. It's about as much fun as having scar tissue rip inside of you sounds. I'm also not looking forward to getting contractions, considering I start contracting early but don't dilate at all.
I just recently heard of something called cervical scar tissue, have you ever had a procedure done to your cervix? if you have you may want to look into this, it causes a person to efface but not dialate, and can easily but I've heard painfully be resolved once you have dialated past 1cm.
November 10th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlica View Post
Initially my biggest fear is another missed miscarriage. I'm worried that my body is going to deceive me again. That I am going to have all these symptoms no signs of anything wrong but that the baby wont have a heartbeat.

After that I'm worried about making it out of the first trimester, making it to viability, a late stage loss, and then SIDS. I struggle with anxiety and pregnancy makes it so much worse and I dont take meds for it while pregnant so I feel like I worry all day long for 9 months straight. But I think that might just come with the territory of being a mom!
I think SIDS is my biggest fear, though I NEVER thought anything of it with my first, I just would constantly check him for breathing... and then one day it happened. He stopped breathing and was blue just like his blanket. I picked him up turned him over and started the baby hymlic.. no idea why that instead of CPR I just did it without thinking. He woke up and slowly came back to normal, but on the way to the hospital he *might* have done it again, hard to tell with him strapped to the carseat. He turned out to be just fine, but I was a nervous wreck, we stayed in the hospital for like 3 days while they ran tests and I cried enough to fill a bath tub... he wore a monitor for 2 months and never ever had the problem again... I don't know what happened but I'm glad he is now going on 4years old and perfectly healthy.
November 10th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by slmehaffey View Post
I just recently heard of something called cervical scar tissue, have you ever had a procedure done to your cervix? if you have you may want to look into this, it causes a person to efface but not dialate, and can easily but I've heard painfully be resolved once you have dialated past 1cm.
Hmmm, well I actually think my nurse-midwife tried this since I wanted a VBAC so badly with my daughter. Unfortunately, since I never dilated to even a cm, she couldn't get her finger in enough to try to dilate my cervix. I'm going to ask my new OB about it when I get an appointment because even if I can't get a VBAC, it'd be nice to know what exactly is going on down there. Thanks for the info!

November 10th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LessthanThree View Post
Hmmm, well I actually think my nurse-midwife tried this since I wanted a VBAC so badly with my daughter. Unfortunately, since I never dilated to even a cm, she couldn't get her finger in enough to try to dilate my cervix. I'm going to ask my new OB about it when I get an appointment because even if I can't get a VBAC, it'd be nice to know what exactly is going on down there. Thanks for the info!
here is a link to the information I have on it...
Cervical Scar Tissue
November 10th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Regular
I have some fear of miscarriage but I'm also a very grounded person - I understand that miscarriage happens because something is not right so that is quite comforting.

I am very afraid of having multiples - I know that some people would love to have twins but I don't know how we could possibly afford the child care for 2 infants. This is a huge fear of mine. And my belly is already growing - hoping it is just bloating or because this is my 2nd child.

I fear delivery a little but I know that it is just one bad day that turns out pretty great - I had a forceps delivery and a 3rd degree tear that gives me nightmares. Hoping for an easy birth as I'm sure we all are.

Our little firecracker is due on the 4th of July!
November 10th, 2012, 12:52 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine is also m/c. With two under my belt it doesn't feel so great aside from that it would be that DH will be deployed again for the birth.

Oct '11 June '12
November 10th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Veteran
Losing this pregnancy, losing the baby, losing the baby. I've had 3 losses so my brain is elsewhere. I had a BO once and 2 chemicals. I'm past the chemical stage but not the BO stage and with my wonky betas I'm terrified. Plus, I thought I was getting m/s this week (never been so happy in my life) but turns out it was just the stomach flu. Boooo. Now I'm terrified. We've been trying for three years to have another baby. The least of my concerns are delivery or how it will impact my daughter. Of course it will impact her... And we'll deal with it. But this is a complete family we are trying to create so I just want to do it. I'm overweight as well so after a m/c the next thing would be weight gain... Like ridiculous amount weight gain. I know if I can keep it to 25-30lbs it will come off right after birth.

Keeping this baby is my #1 concern. Bc we have to do IVF we don't have room for error or another loss.
DD- 3 years old

Ttc #2 since 2010

IUi w/donor sperm #1- BFP!!
DD Born April 2009

Jan 2010 - IUI #2 - BFP!!
Blighted ovum 8 weeks

2010-2011- IUIs 3,4,5,6= BFN

October 2011- IUI #7- clomid- BFP!
Chemical @ 5 weeks

May 2012- IUI #8- BFP!
Chemical @ 4 weeks

On to IVF!

7/20/12- start stims
8/1/12- ER - 20 eggs- 14-15 mature
13 fertilized!
8/5/12- ET 2, Grade A fully expanded blasts. 6 to freeze!!!!!
BFN!!

October 2012- FET cycle.
Transferred 2 embryos

BFP @ 3.75dp5dt!!

Waiting for beta #1 ....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search