1st Appt & Cravings

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Star_Dee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I just recently got my BFP and im already having cravings for red meat, especially steak. Ive had a burger and a steak this week plus I begged my DP to pick up another steak to cook for tomorrow. Im usually not a big steak eater, but the steak I had earlier in the week was the best one id ever had. Ive been looking up the meaning of cravings online and generally see that cravings for red meat could mean i'm anemic. I also read a few posts saying that cravings for red meat mean that your having a boy. What do you guys think?

I also have my 1st appt on monday to confirm the pregnancy and to do some tests. Im excited, but have to keep it under wraps until Wednesday. I'm gonna surprise DP with a special gift, a cute onesie and the positive test, after a nice dinner out. He's usually pretty observant and keeps up with my cycle, so hes already been asking if AF is coming or not. I had to lie to throw him off the pregnacy scent. I hope he is as excited as I am. It will be the 1st child for both of us

Thanks for reading & responding
BeachMum likes this.
TTC #1

November 10th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In terms of deficiency, our bodies are pretty clever, you do tend to crave foods that contain a vitamin or mineral we are deficient in.

However, pregnancy throws a spanner in the works and it is more hormone based then, so you may not have any issues with iron, and your body just wants the taste of meat, haha.

If you are worried though, ask your doctor for an iron test when you have your appointment on Monday.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search