Am I being paranoid?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2012, 07:03 PM
PrettyMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This whole situation has me paranoid... Not to mention the fact that i keep reading things online and trying to self diagnose things. I keep thinking about the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy and it's scaring me to death. I feel like these test are taking too long and I don't want a ruptured tube if that's the case. I contemplated going to the ER Tonight and have an actual transvaginal ultrasound this time and my quantities checked and results back right now. Of course with 3 small kids that's not very convenient and my husband thinks its unnecessary and I should wait to hear from the doc next week but I don't like this waiting and its making me edgy, nervous and one big mess. I'm snappy at my kids and not sleeping well. Plus every pain I get I'm trying to make sure it's not serious or check if it's just gas. I can't stand this. I'm already a very big worry wart and get nervous very easily so needless to say this is giving me anxiety like you wouldn't believe. My hands are clammy and I'm just a nervous wreck. What should I do.? The spotting was very minimal today and is still dark brown the few times I have seen it and outside out gas pains I don't feel like I'm having any other types of pain. Anyone had an ectopic? I'm not certain what signs too even looks for outside of excruciating pain, which from my reading usually occurs once the tube has ruptured.

November 11th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Super Mommy
Ooohh, it does sound like a hard wait. Sorry you're going through that.

I don't have experience with ectopic pregnancy, but when I called the nurse about a week and a half ago about light pain that was only on the right side, she said it was too early for the pain to be a symptom of ectopic pregnancy, and she said to look out for increasing pain or bright red spotting. (Which I haven't had). She also said the earliest ultrasounds they do are at 7 weeks, so that there's something to see. I've forgotten some of the details of your situation, but maybe this helps? Anyway, I hope everything turns out fine for you.
November 11th, 2012, 06:11 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs!! I don't have any experience with ectopic pregnancies but I do have experience with bleeding and passing clots in the first trimester. With my first pregnancy I started bleeding at 6 weeks, and it started out as just spotting but then it went to a flow. I went to the ER and they told me to expect to miscarry so I went home broken hearted and in the morning the bleeding had stopped. It then started again a few days later and I was told yet again to expect to lose the baby and I went home, passed a few clots and was spotting the next morning. I got another ultrasound the next day and my baby was fine! (he's now 3 years old!) I had sub chronic hemmoraging which I later found can be pretty common and can cause spotting or a light flow. That all being said I only had period like cramping with it which can also be very common. If you're having bad cramping along with the spotting I would call the doctor again. If your're 6 1/2 weeks along they should be able to diagnose an ectopic by ultrasound. I hope you get some answers soon and that it isn't anything serious but just your bean growing! Keep us updated!

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

November 11th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Thanks so much you guys. I skipped the hospital and I think I will call my doc first thing in the morning. I haven't had any pain at all on either side and you would think if it was ectopic I would start to by now. All I feel is tired, sick and pregnant! The spotting became less and less and just stopped completely by last night and nothing today so far. Never bright red, just that dark brown stuff. So feeling better. I will keep you posted on at happens after i talk to the doc.

November 11th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there, I'm popping in from the January DDC (I like to see who has BFP's), and wanted to ease your mind a bit. I did have an ectopic pregnancy over a year and a half ago now, and from what you are describing yours seems unlikely to be ectopic. I'm afraid of telling you the other symptoms of ectopic for fear your mind will run away and you'll start to feel them even if they aren't there, but since you can find them online anyways, I might as well. Just be sure to not overthink it and cause yourself too much stress.

My ectopic I had bleeding like a period, I thought it was my period, so didn't go to the hospital or anything. Your shoulder starts to hurt, and this is a telltale sign of ectopic, no one really knows why, but pain in your shoulder/arm is common. I also got the one-sided pain. It happened randomly and it was INTENSE. No amount of anything would help it, you could not ignore it if you have it at all. Even if you are early you can get some of these symptoms, I was just over 4 weeks. I'm sure you are waiting on blood results to see HCG levels rising, but definitely take a deep breath and STOP GOOGLING! Also brown spotting is usually old blood, and the best thing you can do right now is hydrate, relax, and try not to stress. Hope everything turns out good for you!

Always remembering our angel babies - 4/2011 (ectopic), 4/2012 (chemical) and
Angel Twins 5/23/14 (at 7 weeks 2 days)

November 11th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilHerndon View Post
Hi there, I'm popping in from the January DDC (I like to see who has BFP's), and wanted to ease your mind a bit. I did have an ectopic pregnancy over a year and a half ago now, and from what you are describing yours seems unlikely to be ectopic. I'm afraid of telling you the other symptoms of ectopic for fear your mind will run away and you'll start to feel them even if they aren't there, but since you can find them online anyways, I might as well. Just be sure to not overthink it and cause yourself too much stress.

My ectopic I had bleeding like a period, I thought it was my period, so didn't go to the hospital or anything. Your shoulder starts to hurt, and this is a telltale sign of ectopic, no one really knows why, but pain in your shoulder/arm is common. I also got the one-sided pain. It happened randomly and it was INTENSE. No amount of anything would help it, you could not ignore it if you have it at all. Even if you are early you can get some of these symptoms, I was just over 4 weeks. I'm sure you are waiting on blood results to see HCG levels rising, but definitely take a deep breath and STOP GOOGLING! Also brown spotting is usually old blood, and the best thing you can do right now is hydrate, relax, and try not to stress. Hope everything turns out good for you!
Thank you so very much! I have not experienced anybody that and I'm almost 7 weeks. I have indeed stopped googling, lol. The only pain I get is gas and no shoulder or arm pain. You definitely help put my mind at ease. So glad you popped in, and congrats on your upcoming bundle of joy.

November 12th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Any update from doc's office this morning? I know it's easier said than done but I really think everything is fine and you should try and just relax. I think you are overthinking every little thing. HUGS!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
November 12th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Called them and she didn't have the results but is calling over to Quest plus she is having me come in today at 11 so she can check things out again. And I had some brown spotting again this morning. So I'm pretty nervous but I really hope I get some answers today. Hopefully she will do another ultrasound and see my little one this time. At this stage I would think she can see something. I will let you all know what happened when I get back. Wish me luck!

November 12th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck today. I'll keep you in my thoughts. I seriously convinced myself that I was having an ectopic, but to my surprise baby was in the right place. So I think you need to step away from the google (easier said than done) and try- just try to relax.

November 12th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Doc visit was a bust... She wasn't even there. Got called out on a delivery right before I got there. They did take the opportunity to take more blood from me for another hcg test. I have been stuck so many times in one week it's crazy. Plus they stick the same exact vein every time I go. Arm is completely bruised and sore. Now I have to back AGAIN tomorrow at 11:20. I'm getting so frustrated with all this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search