How will this pregnancy affect your life?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BaileysFourtune

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2012, 10:34 AM
crash's Avatar Veteran
With my second pregnancy, I was cast into a musical right before I got my BFP. I then got vertigo and was unable to participate in the community theater.
With this pregnancy, I was enrolled in beauty school right before I got my BFP. The school I was enrolled in is a very extreme fast pace and demanding 14 month program, and my midwife advised me to wait until after the baby to re enroll.
November 11th, 2012, 10:37 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a stay at home mom but I'm sure it will definitely be a challenge (at least at first) to go places like the commissary with all 3 especially when my husband is on a shift where he won't be home to help! I'm just thankful he isn't on sea duty right now like he was with my other 2 pregnancies!!

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

November 11th, 2012, 11:54 AM
MissesDavis's Avatar Army Girl
I'm an active duty Soldier. Thus baby will definitely be changing my life quite a bit. Definitely ready for the change though. I must say it has already changed some pretty big plans I had. I originally was gonna reenlist in January to PCS to Germany but due to the pregnancy I not able to move overseas. So now I'm gonna reenlist to be stationed closer home to Michigan

"I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. "
November 11th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Other than the obvious of being another person in the family... not very much.

I will still be a librarian, I will still go to work, I don't have anything exciting going on right now *shrugs*

November 11th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Veteran
Since this is my frst my life will change forever and gonna have work twice as hard to finish school
Star_Dee likes this.

Little One never forgotten 10/17/2013

Sarah & Michael
Hoping for a little miracle

November 11th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Veteran
I hope to take it all in stride. My pregnancy with my daughter was great so I'm hoping the same although now I won't be able to rest as much chasing after a three year old. if everything goes well this baby will complete our family so I'm looking forward to that.
DD- 3 years old

Ttc #2 since 2010

IUi w/donor sperm #1- BFP!!
DD Born April 2009

Jan 2010 - IUI #2 - BFP!!
Blighted ovum 8 weeks

2010-2011- IUIs 3,4,5,6= BFN

October 2011- IUI #7- clomid- BFP!
Chemical @ 5 weeks

May 2012- IUI #8- BFP!
Chemical @ 4 weeks

On to IVF!

7/20/12- start stims
8/1/12- ER - 20 eggs- 14-15 mature
13 fertilized!
8/5/12- ET 2, Grade A fully expanded blasts. 6 to freeze!!!!!
BFN!!

October 2012- FET cycle.
Transferred 2 embryos

BFP @ 3.75dp5dt!!

Waiting for beta #1 ....

November 11th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Twin Mama
this is our first so, a huge change for us being responsible for a little life. it will also be the first child in our families in a long time. oh boy! it gets scary to think about sometimes. overwhelming as it is, it's all we want, we are very ready. I'm still shocked it worked on our 1st IUI.

November 11th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Super Mommy
Well, if I hadn't gotten pregnant within about 6 months of beginning to try, I was planning on starting to look for work. Assuming all goes well with this pregnancy, the plan is for me to be at home until the new baby is about 2. If all doesn't go well, at least I know I'm still fertile and we'd probably keep trying.
November 12th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not much. I am already a stay at home mom and have 3 little ones.

7/24/12
10/09/12
November 12th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Veteran
I was hoping to finish my second novel by the end of 2013. Now I have to bump up the deadline and try to get it done before this baby arrives.

I suspect I'll be publishing less during the first few years of the baby's life, but hopefully it'll pick back up eventually.

Otherwise, not much will change. I'm a WAHM, so I suppose the biggest change will be trying to handle 3 kids at the supermarket instead of 2.
November 12th, 2012, 05:41 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not much, other than adding a 5th kiddo to the bunch.

November 12th, 2012, 05:55 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
well our lease is up at the end of July and we were hoping to buy a house around then... so I won't be able to help much with packing/moving. I'll still work, but since I work from home now I hope to be able to keep the baby at home until a year or so, if I can juggle both. My daughter will still go to daycare. I'll have to readjust to waking more easily again and dealing with less sleep.

November 12th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Just going to add another LO in to the mix! I've wanted #2 for awhile now so I'm soooo excited!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
November 12th, 2012, 11:11 AM
chessalove's Avatar Love my little family
Everything is really up in the air for me right now.. My hubby and I actually got into a huge argument over the weekend because I was supposed to quit my job and stay at home, but he told me he has to take an extra semester of school, so I will probably have to go back to work until he finishes his masters program and finds a job. At this point, I have NO IDEA how mothers can return to work after baby. It seems like my heart would break into a million pieces and I would not be able to even get enough sleep to function for an 8 hour day, then come home to be a mom. I am PRAYING my hubby can talk to his adviser and beg for an internship or independent study so he can finish in time. On top of that, we are going to try to move back home to be around family. So everything will be a big mess, but I'm trying to be flexible and not to stress. After all the dust settles and I'm finally at home and hubby is at work, I'm going back to school for my masters and also we will be TTC #2
November 12th, 2012, 12:07 PM
This is my 1st, so I know there will be a lot of changes. Plus this will be the first grand baby for both his and my parents. I hope everyone will be excited. I know there might be some ney sayers because we aren't married, but we have been together for awhile and are committed to raising our baby together.

I also have been interviewing for a new job, I hope that my pregnancy wont effect wither i get the position or not.
TTC #1

November 12th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Veteran
I can't even think how this one changes things without thinking historically:

Baby 1: I was 26, DH was 25. I was in grad school, he was in med school. We lived in a tiny cold apartment in a bad part of town, and didn't even have enough money to buy the basic baby equipment. With help from family, we survived that year. When DS was 9 months old, DH and I were both a few months away from finishing school, the bank gave us a mortgage for a small house in the suburbs, and as DH started residency training, and I started my management career.

Baby 2: I was a year and a half into my management career, and I had an opportunity to finish a second masters degree as a nurse practitioner in 9 months. We intentionally timed the baby so that I would be preggers during those two semesters of school and give birth right after graduation. It was a hectic year, but we managed. After I got through the nurse practitioner degree, I decided I still wanted to be in management, and took a new job doing so.

Baby #3: Totally unplanned baby. I was in denial about my pregnancy for quite some time. When I told my staff I was preggers, I told them not to start celebrating, I was a career lady, I wasn't going anywhere, and I would be back to harass them after maternity leave. 3 months after returning from maternity leave, I broke my promise and asked my boss for a part time job because motherhood was now my priority.

Baby # 4: Now I'm all squared away in my part time job, but I hate the part time job. I had just started applying for other part time jobs in the same hospital system where I currently work when I found out I was preggers. Now I am debating whether to keep looking for other jobs (which I feel slightly dishonest about), or keep my current position at least until I get back from this maternity leave. The problem is, there are some job opportunities that would utilize my nurse practitioner degree, and I worry that the further I get away from that training, the harder it will be for me to get a job using it. Aside from the career situation, we are still in our tiny house, and we really really really need to find a bigger one, but I am still not sure if this is financially feasible.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search