Mother's Intuition?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2012, 10:53 AM
crash's Avatar Veteran
With my 2nd and 3rd pregnancy, I knew I was pregnant long before I tested. It was just a strong feeling.
With my 1st and 2nd, I knew the genders from the very beginning.
With this one (3rd), my husband had a vasectomy, but even so, knew I was pregnant (even though I didn't believe it!!!)

Now, strangely enough, about 2 days ago, in the evening, I had this feeling at one point. It was a strong feeling that "Baby's heart just started beating". We can't prove that in any way, obviously, but I do wonder if I was really right about that.... Something to think about, I suppose.

Anyways, does anyone else have similar experiences to this?

(Ps, I am nowhere near psychic!! lol I seem to only be this way about my children.)
November 11th, 2012, 11:09 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The only weird thing I predicted is that my last pregnancy would end. From the beginning, it just didn't feel right. My family kept saying that every pregnancy is different, but I just knew. Yep, I had a missed m/c at 10 weeks and needed a D&E. On the plus side, I feel VERY pregnant this time and am optimistic.
November 11th, 2012, 12:59 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm the opposite...lol. Shocked to find out I was pregnant the first time, wrong about the gender, totally surprised about my missed miscarriage. Apparently I have no intuition about pregnancy!!
November 11th, 2012, 01:02 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first I thought boy, with my second I thought girl and was wrong so I guess I have no intuition about pregnancy either. I'm just assuming we're having another boy this time lol

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

November 11th, 2012, 02:23 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I was totally wrong with gender guesses for Megan. I was soooo convinced she would be a boy!

November 11th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Amber76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Amber76
With my first pregnancy I was 100% sure she was a girl. The second one I just didn't know. This time I kind of feel like it might be a boy but I am not too sure.

Katerina 01/10/07 Gabriella 12/29/09 2012 2013
November 11th, 2012, 04:15 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
i had NO clue with raianna...but i was probably in denial...i was only 18 and had only been dating my dh (bf at the time obviously) for a few months) i KNEW she waas a girl though everything told me it was a girl and i was right....elyse i knewi was pregnant....i knew she was a girl too...again i was right another girl...helena i swear i knew the NEXT day...there was no doubt in my mind when i got up the next morning all i could think was yep i am so pregnant! 2 weeks later i tested a very faint + and even though i didnt get to find out via u/s i KNEW she was girl too...and now you are totally freaking me out because my husband had vasectomy and he has been BUGGING me to test cause i swear i felt like i was ovulating for like a week straight (sore boobs and all still sore actually not as much as last week though) i did tke one today and of course neg! lol but then again its only been like 8 days since dtd) so now you seriously have me FREAKING out...i just gotta remember that i saw the procedure...they were very through HAHA

how long ago was your dh's vasectomy?
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

November 11th, 2012, 04:39 PM
crash's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by tela View Post
The only weird thing I predicted is that my last pregnancy would end. From the beginning, it just didn't feel right. My family kept saying that every pregnancy is different, but I just knew. Yep, I had a missed m/c at 10 weeks and needed a D&E. On the plus side, I feel VERY pregnant this time and am optimistic.
Oh, my goodness. I am sorry to hear about your loss.
But I'm so glad this one is looking to be so great!! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kiliki* View Post
i had NO clue with raianna...but i was probably in denial...i was only 18 and had only been dating my dh (bf at the time obviously) for a few months) i KNEW she waas a girl though everything told me it was a girl and i was right....elyse i knewi was pregnant....i knew she was a girl too...again i was right another girl...helena i swear i knew the NEXT day...there was no doubt in my mind when i got up the next morning all i could think was yep i am so pregnant! 2 weeks later i tested a very faint + and even though i didnt get to find out via u/s i KNEW she was girl too...and now you are totally freaking me out because my husband had vasectomy and he has been BUGGING me to test cause i swear i felt like i was ovulating for like a week straight (sore boobs and all still sore actually not as much as last week though) i did tke one today and of course neg! lol but then again its only been like 8 days since dtd) so now you seriously have me FREAKING out...i just gotta remember that i saw the procedure...they were very through HAHA

how long ago was your dh's vasectomy?
My husband had it done in March of this year, and was tested twice and was given the green light to have unprotected sex in May. :/
He called and is going in next week.
November 11th, 2012, 06:38 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
ohh my husband has only gone in ONCE since his vas in uhhh Dec of.....2008? 2009? i think? he was given the green light to go so never went back in...although he SHOULD have gone back in....so i am 99.99999% sure im okay since i mean it has been like 3-4 years...but i swear your post is giving me a slight heart attack specially saying yours have been tested twice and been given the green light...ugh...LOL
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

November 11th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Veteran
With my first baby, I had no intuitions at all. We lost him at 21 weeks.

With DD, as soon as I found out I was pregnant I knew she was a girl and I knew her name would be Vivian. I told a few close friends at 4 weeks along "I'm pregnant. It's a girl and her name is Vivian". It was weird...but I just knew who she was.

This time, I really think this baby is a boy.

Dylan Thomas - born into Heaven 2/7/09
Vivian Noelle - 12/17/09
Faith Caroline - 6/26/13
November 11th, 2012, 07:50 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first I just realized the other day I went a complete week with a missed period and never realized it until now, and he is almost 4! so no intuition that I was pregnant with him, the only reason I tested was because DH's bday was the next day and I thought it would be cute to tell him for his birthday, but I didn't expect to actually get a BFP so I was shocked. As for Gender, I might have been able to guess but was really unsure of myself and DH was sure it was a girl so I went with his 'intuition' and walah Caeden our SON was born.
With my second I knew before testing that I was pregnant because I my breasts suddenly started leaking in the shower, and then a week later every morning on my morning walk with my son and dog I would suddenly get sick at the same (farthest from home possible) spot every day. But then as luck would have it I read 3 test wrong thinking they were all BFN and they were not... at all! Pregnancy brain struck early. BUT I did KNOW she was a girl, I was sure of it. I also knew I would hate her birth... and it turns out I did, very much.
If I'm pregnant now, maybe it is because I don't actually know yet, but I have no intuition about gender... I guess I'll wait to see if I get a BFP. With my miscarriage back in Jan I had no idea for gender either... and it was too early to tell, you couldn't even see baby in the sac yet really, doc saw the sac when I miscarried, but there wasn't anything to see in it I guess.
November 12th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have got all the genders right so far. I think this one is a boy.

7/24/12
10/09/12
November 12th, 2012, 06:50 AM
BeachMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlica View Post
I'm the opposite...lol. Shocked to find out I was pregnant the first time, wrong about the gender, totally surprised about my missed miscarriage. Apparently I have no intuition about pregnancy!!
Ditto to this!

November 12th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I had the girl feeling with my daughter and viola she's a girl! I'm feeling boy this time so we'll see!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
November 12th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Veteran
I always know I'm preggers long before the test comes back, I'm always dead wrong on the gender... all 3 times so far, I have absolutely no intuition about this one. My hubby on the other hand is always right about gender, and he says this one is a girl, we'll see!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search