Are you exercising?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2012, 08:52 AM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
How often and what type of exercise is everyone doing? Or do you plan on starting soon?

Before I got pregnant I was running 2 miles a day and also doing road cycling almost everyday. But now I am doing mostly power walking and jogging at a slow pace and stopping when I feel like it.
& I am planning on doing prenatal pilates/yoga, etc through out the week.
November 13th, 2012, 08:57 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ha! i am way too sick to even think about exercising. i was the same way with DS. quit the gym and didn't start back for 4 years! i'm blessed with a good metabolism, so i don't need to workout to be small. but it does make me feel better! i had just started going to the gym at my new job in june. def had to give that up when m/s struck.
November 13th, 2012, 09:16 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Walking, and Just Dance on the wii (lol seriously though) I jut take it easy with it since I was doing it before I got pregnant, and I need to get my prenatal yoga DVD out

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

November 13th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
No! :-\

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
November 13th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Veteran
mainly walking havent changed my routine yet but may start slowing down soon

Little One never forgotten 10/17/2013

Sarah & Michael
Hoping for a little miracle

November 13th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Veteran
I was on restrictions after IVF so I couldn't. I will start back up though. I worked Out a lot with DD and I attribute that to my c section recovery being so good.
DD- 3 years old

Ttc #2 since 2010

IUi w/donor sperm #1- BFP!!
DD Born April 2009

Jan 2010 - IUI #2 - BFP!!
Blighted ovum 8 weeks

2010-2011- IUIs 3,4,5,6= BFN

October 2011- IUI #7- clomid- BFP!
Chemical @ 5 weeks

May 2012- IUI #8- BFP!
Chemical @ 4 weeks

On to IVF!

7/20/12- start stims
8/1/12- ER - 20 eggs- 14-15 mature
13 fertilized!
8/5/12- ET 2, Grade A fully expanded blasts. 6 to freeze!!!!!
BFN!!

October 2012- FET cycle.
Transferred 2 embryos

BFP @ 3.75dp5dt!!

Waiting for beta #1 ....

November 13th, 2012, 10:04 AM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Super Mommy
I hadn't been exercising for the last few months. Just hadn't been feeling like myself. I've been somewhat depressed with TTC for so long and being so very far away from family, I miss them terribly. I will start to slowly work some exercise in if I feel up to it - that is if m/s doesn't get me too bad.
November 13th, 2012, 10:12 AM
LeslieRN72's Avatar Veteran
I was going to the gym religiously 3x/wk for a total body toning class. I haven't been since last week. I thought I would be able to exercise without problem, but I don't think I can do it with this nausea. My only hope is to do some DVDs at home during a brief time when I have a reprieve from nausea. I really miss my gym. I hope to go back when I feel better.

Everybody has their own way of doing things and raising their children. No one way is better than the other. The end product will be the same no matter what path you take, and never let anyone make you feel otherwise.
November 13th, 2012, 10:15 AM
I have been. I was told not to do any strenuous workouts like weight lifting, which i don't do anyway. Ive been walking/ light jogging and doing some aerobics. I haven't started feeling sick, so I guess i will continue to workout as best as I can. I was trying to lose some weight before i became pg. Now i'm gonna have to watch what im eating and continue to exercise. I really dont wanna gain any more than 25 lbs, since im already a bit overweight (5'7" 180lbs). I know i'll probably cry my eyes out when I tip over the 200 lb mark on the scale!

Anyone else trying to keep their weight gain at a healthy limit?
TTC #1

November 13th, 2012, 11:22 AM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star_Dee View Post
I have been. I was told not to do any strenuous workouts like weight lifting, which i don't do anyway. Ive been walking/ light jogging and doing some aerobics. I haven't started feeling sick, so I guess i will continue to workout as best as I can. I was trying to lose some weight before i became pg. Now i'm gonna have to watch what im eating and continue to exercise. I really dont wanna gain any more than 25 lbs, since im already a bit overweight (5'7" 180lbs). I know i'll probably cry my eyes out when I tip over the 200 lb mark on the scale!

Anyone else trying to keep their weight gain at a healthy limit?
I am! I am technically obese according to BMI charts (168lbs at 5ft tall-- but I am a size 9/10 and a medium shirt size so I don't think I *look* Obese)
So I don't want to gain anything that isn't baby, fluids, placenta as I have plenty of fat stores! I gained way too much weight with my last pregnancy and it caused me a lot of problems. So with my Drs OKAY I am aiming for no more than 11 to 15lb gain.
November 13th, 2012, 11:54 AM
I'm trying to walk and do some mild pilates.
November 13th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Expecting #1 July 2013 <3
I was working out at least 3-4 days a week before I found out I was pregnant now trying to find the energy to get to the gym has been nearly impossible. By the time I get home from working a full day all i want to do is eat and go to bed lol I'am hoping to start back up this week!

November 13th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Super Mommy
I've continued to run once a week and do a little ab work, which I'll discontinue fairly soon. My running is slower but definitely still comfortable, which I'm glad about. I also do a prenatal yoga video now and then.
November 13th, 2012, 12:01 PM
bklynfinest77's Avatar Super Mommy
My plan is to cont with my zumba class( but ill take it easy) .. I to am considered over weight at 5'5 164 wearing size 10 but for some reason every time i get pregnant i tend to lost weight after giving birth.. with my twins i weighed 140lbs when i got pregnant i gain a total of 20 lbs and a month after i had them i weight 104 .. crazy but this always happen .. same thing with my first .. I think it has a lot to do with me nursing i think.

November 13th, 2012, 12:17 PM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynfinest77 View Post
My plan is to cont with my zumba class( but ill take it easy) .. I to am considered over weight at 5'5 164 wearing size 10 but for some reason every time i get pregnant i tend to lost weight after giving birth.. with my twins i weighed 140lbs when i got pregnant i gain a total of 20 lbs and a month after i had them i weight 104 .. crazy but this always happen .. same thing with my first .. I think it has a lot to do with me nursing i think.
BFing makes me crazy skinny too. i gained 28 lbs with DS (started out small to begin with - a toned size 4) and then lost over 40 by the time he was 2 months old! DH likes to remind me that i looked like a skeleton and not healthy at all. when he finally weaned at 26 months, the weight came right back and then some. i'm only 6 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight with him, but it means a 20 lb weight gain just since i stopped BFing! i'm actually looking forward to getting skinny again while nursing this LO!
November 13th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Usually am as part of everyday stuff.

I don't drive so I ahve to walk to the train station (20 min each way) and we don't ahve chairs at work so I am always on my feet, lifting, pushing stuff around and such.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

November 13th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Cicada's Avatar Regular
I work out about 5 days a week, as long as I'm feeling ok. I go for a walk or use an elliptical (not too fast, no resistance) and just started doing pregnancy yoga and some light upper body strength training that's ok during pregnancy. Before I got pregnant I was doing bodyrock and some yoga at home.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.
November 13th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tela View Post
i'm actually looking forward to getting skinny again while nursing this LO!
LOL! Me too - skinny with BONUS CURVES!
OnesOnTheWay likes this.
November 13th, 2012, 03:21 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I'm just walking - and not very much. By the time I get home from work I'm exhausted. Well....hungry and exhausted.
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
November 13th, 2012, 03:48 PM
just mild exercising...stretching, yoga, lifting light weights (1-3 lbs). now that it's getting cold and snowing out i won't be doing much walking. but sometimes i do the tiffany rothe pretty positive pregnancy workouts on youtube. i just try to get in about 20-30 minutes 3-4x/week.

anyone try the tracy anderson pregnancy project dvd yet?
OnesOnTheWay likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search