HI YALL! introduction and also tell me what the heck happened???

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Shea131
  • 2 Post By Rashelly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2012, 08:32 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey there gals!

My name is Em, i am 29! I found out yesterday that i am expecting again! This is my 5th pregnancy and hopefully 4th baby ! I have a 6 year old little girl named layla! a 4 year old little girl named Eva and a 21 month old little boy named Zeke! i have been married to my sexy man since july 3 '04...

This pregnancy wasnt planned and this is where i need help.. HOW DID I GET PREGNANT!?

I have a 26 day cycle.. I almost always start on CD 26.. making it also CD1..so maybe i have a 25 day cycle? not sure how you calculate that... I almost always O on CD 13...

we do not use BC.. we use either condoms or the pull n pray method until CD 19ish.. usually.. after that its a free for all.. .. this past month my DH and I DTD on CD 9.. with protection! then not again until CD 16 UNprotected... i would assume that i Oed late and that is how i got pregnant.. but i had all of my normal symptoms.. and yesterday and todays tests with a CHEAPie test from walmart were DARK.. i mean DARK.. todays was darker than the control line.. i would have been 11 DPO yesterday if i Oed on CD 16.. to get a line that DARK on 11 DPO??? is that possible?? i have tested early before and NEVER got a dark line until i was much further a long.. like around 15-16 DPO.. It kinda freaks me out.. dont you dare say twins! i dont have twins in my family! ... do you THINK i could have gotten pregnant EARLIER with protection??? thats what the line looks like!? Just looking for second opinions here

~Em

November 15th, 2012, 09:01 AM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats! Was your last period normal? Is there a chance the condom broke? Maybe twins? Those are the only things I can think of. And the only way to know for sure is to tell your doctor you would like an ultrasound to confirm dates.

And at 12 dpo I had a line on a FRER that was as dark as the control line so I guess it's possible! Oh and you could've O'd the day before too since an egg can survive up to 24 hours if not fertilized.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

November 15th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Veteran
I know my first two were conceived on day 16 (baby 3 came out of a wild weekend, no idea which day, and this baby was a day 17 baby, I would guess yours a is a day 16 kid too. Maybe the line gets darker the more babies you have? Mine was dark when I tested 10 DPO with dilute night time urine so who knows (or it's twins for both of us
November 15th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Regardless of how and when it happened it did!! Congratulations!! Let's see those dark lines!!!!
keekopeeko likes this.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
November 15th, 2012, 09:32 AM
i have to remember how to post pictures on here! haha! its been a while since ive actually been ON JM since my other DDCs all moved to FB groups after we had our babes

November 15th, 2012, 09:47 AM
This work?

November 15th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Veteran
Congratulations are definitely in order!!

November 15th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Ha yeh! No doubt! My DH asked if I had taken another test like I normally do.. And I was like well considering it was SO DARK nope I didn't this time!

-Em

November 15th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Love it!!! So exciting!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
November 15th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats!
November 15th, 2012, 11:56 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats! every woman has different hcg levels. mine happen to be crazy high. i got a BFP at 9dpo. it was very dark by 12dpo. i had an u/s this week that confirmed there is only 1 baby (and confirmed my dates). i just have super high hcg levels.
November 15th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations.

And to answer your question, no one has an exact cycle, it can change any given month based on diet changes, immune system, mood, medications, etc. Using the "pull out method" is also unreliable because it doesn't account for pre-ejaculate which also contains sperm, so it is more than possible to conceive while "pulling out".

The darkness of the test can also be a variation of things, your personal hormone levels (everyone is different) the brand of test, freshness of the test (once they start to "stale" the line can be lighter, hence why they have use-by dates on them) and how much urine is on it

November 15th, 2012, 01:41 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would ditto maybe failed condom or strong swimmer!

Oct '11 June '12
November 15th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Well I just set up my apt.. Dec 11.. That will help me figure out what happened I think .. It better not be twins! Omg I'd die.. My DH would kill me! Hahaha

November 15th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Do you use any other methods such as identifying cervical mucus, cervical positioning or temping to ID when Ovulation actually takes place? My last cycle my Peak day according to CM was 2 days prior to my peak day according to temps. Sooo thus I reached peak and concieved on a dry day. It happens and I knew it was a risk being as I hadn't met the 3 day rule of STM yet. If you plan on using NFP in the future, I totally suggest getting Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It's an amazing (non-secular/religous) guide to NFP...just for those who want to live a healthier hormone free lifestyle. Oh, and semen has been known to live up to 8 days with the right CM. Eeek! I blame my husband...tech I'm only fertile for 24-48 hours because that's how long post ovulation that the egg stays vital. However, HE is fertile every time...so it's DH's fault. Has to be.
keekopeeko and mommamindy like this.
November 15th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I track CM and that is all atm... I used to be a much much better NFP.. I got slack and it shows! DH will get a V at some point before July so I won't have to worry about it again... My son I did everything right with! But he must have been one of those 8 day super sperms OR a condom failed.. Because I STILL don't know how he was conceived.. But like I said.. With this one I'm pretty sure I screwed up when it was safe.. Except for the crazy dark tests!

The first 3 pregnancies were planned! Just so everyone knows ALL my business

November 15th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

November 15th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Beautiful Life!
Congratulations!

November 16th, 2012, 03:29 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
i would say you got pregnant on cd16 LOL...welcome and congrats!
November 16th, 2012, 03:49 AM
c'est_la_vie's Avatar Is it nap time yet?
The color of the line really has nothing to do with how far along you are or how many are growing, its just purely HCG levels.. It could be you produce high levels of HCG. Hopefully you have an early U/S and your care provider can give you a better estimate of how far along you are! Congrats none the less, how exciting & what a surprise!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search