Stuff you WON'T be buying again...

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2012, 01:24 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
So since I am a btdt Mom, I am starting to remember products I never used, products that were a pain in the butt, etc So I am starting to make a list of what I want to do differently this time & what I am going to skip buying.

Three things I've come up with so far:

Hook on High Chair Vs Regular High Chair

I really want this instead of a traditional high chair this time around. I have a small dining area and the high chair we had for DD was SO big and bulky it took up so much space. This looks like it would be perfect!

Glider vs Other Kind of nursing Chair..

NOT getting one of these again! They are nice to rock in but when I just wanted to sleep at 2am.. I'd much rather have a comfy lazy boy in the nursery than one of these. I am thinking something like this:

This would be way more comfy plus you would save space by not having the glider foot rest out all the time.
November 23rd, 2012, 01:32 PM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
The travel changing water proof thing that folds up real small. I never used them, just used my knee lol.

I wont be getting a glider or rocker either. I want to actually stay awake in the middle of the night and something normal would allow me to stay awake than fall asleep nursing.

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

November 23rd, 2012, 01:35 PM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
where did you find that beautiful chair?

It's been so long since I've had a baby, I forget what was a waste and what wasn't! Great thread. Maybe this will jog my memory.
November 23rd, 2012, 01:48 PM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
Lets see I won't be getting...

A regular high chair
Bumbo( the recent recall scares me)
A thing you place on the side of the pack and play or car seat that vibrates ( it annoyed me and kept my kids up)
Changing table never used mine I preferred my knee, couch, floor, mainly the floor less chance of moving and rolling off.
A high tech baby bath ( I love my old school one I had for my DS) my dd had a high tech one and we both hated it.
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

November 23rd, 2012, 02:06 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I think I will be getting rid of the changing table I have and just buying a dresser because that is what it ended up becoming anyway.

November 23rd, 2012, 02:13 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There is such thing as a high tech baby bath? LOL. My Mum used to put my brother in a bucket, pretty sure she did the same for me.

November 23rd, 2012, 03:20 PM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
The sink was awesome for a bath.. or a luke warm bath with me.

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

November 23rd, 2012, 03:38 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I would skip the changing table too. It was only good for storage...we always changed DS on the floor/blanket.

I would also skip the bedding set! We went all out and bought matching sheets & comforter set...we didn't use the bumper or comforter part of it (we were afraid of all of the warnings of suffocation) and I'm sure those were the two most expensive pieces of the set! Plus, DS didn't use his crib (had him in a bassinet) until he was almost 6 months old, so it just sat there.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
November 23rd, 2012, 04:12 PM
Gini_3boys's Avatar Super Mommy
Definitely won't be getting a bumbo this time!

Devin - 06/29/2004 Riley - 03/01/2007 Kyler - 07/20/2010 Tanner - 07/30/2013
November 23rd, 2012, 06:51 PM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No baby bathtub..the Sink or shower with daddy is great..

No wipe warmer.

But now that I am thinking on this stuff I am realizing I have to hunt down a lot of things that I've sent out to get borrowed haha oh well there is time

November 24th, 2012, 03:52 AM
I have very little baby stuff left so I have to start over.

I'm probably going to skip the infant carseat this time. I have big babies who look ridiculously crammed into them by four months. Probably not worth it this time. I'll just use a rear-facing Radian from day one.

Probably won't get a stroller this time. By the time baby gets too heavy for my bad back to carry all the time (around 20 pounds/four months based on my older kids), it'll be November and we won't be going outside. My kids walked early so we stopped using the stroller completely by 11 months with each of them. I might get a wagon for the zoo and stuff next year but probably no stroller.

Rocking chair. Never used it. The recliner is so much better!

Debating on a crib. My kids slept everywhere but the crib. Pack & play, swing, my bed, bouncy seat. Is it really worth it to buy one? I can't decide. We didn't really use it in the past until we turned it into a toddler bed.

Skipping the tub. I prefer those bath pads you just use in the big tub. So much smaller and easier.

Skipping the diaper bag in favor of one of those 31 utility totes that is open on top. Then I can lug diapers, wipes, soccer cleats and swim fins in one enormous bag! Wow it's going to be weird with this age gap!
November 24th, 2012, 06:28 AM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
Loved reading everyone's posts!! More to add to my list from reading everyone else's..

Won't be buying again..
A wipe warmer..
expensive bedding set (makes me cringe how much we paid for all the bedding stuff!)
no changing table.. (floor works GREAT!)
November 24th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Oh yeah, the wipes warmer. Definitely didn't need that.
November 24th, 2012, 06:52 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Teacher
Lol. A wipe warmer? I can't believe this many of you bought that the first time around. Haha.
OnesOnTheWay, jersey_gray and Kiam like this.
November 24th, 2012, 07:15 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
We did use our changing table the first time around (and loved it), but I sold it before we moved and I don't think I'll buy one again.

I also probably won't buy a big bedding set, just pieces individually.

Unsure about a swing. We borrowed one from a neighbor that DD wasn't impressed with, then I bought the cradle style that goes side to side off craigslist and she liked it ok, but never slept in it much. So I'll have to see if this baby likes swings or not.

We never got a full size highchair, and still won't. We used a booster with a tray that straps to a regular chair.

Never got a wipe warmer.

Undecided on if I will get an infant car seat or go straight to a convertible. Our infant car seat/travel system is another one we sold before moving. For DD we had the infant seat in one car, but straight to convertible in the other. I was never a big fan of carrying around the massive infant seat with her in it, plus she wasn't happy staying in it in the stroller or shopping cart, she wanted to be held.

November 24th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Super Mommy
I still have everything from my DD (She is only a year).....I wont be buying another wipe warmer (my mom actually bought it so when she changed riley she wasn't the bad guy freezing her little tooshi off.

I loved my glider! Most everything I will be reusing. I might get different sheets etc when toddler goes to a big girl bed (cheaper than buying a new bed.) Definitely wont be buying a bedding "set"....what a waste. That cat used the comforter more than DD did. lol

November 24th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Changing table! I have never used it, it is way easier to throw a blanket down and change baby on floor or couch.

7/24/12
10/09/12
November 24th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
changing table

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

November 24th, 2012, 12:01 PM
I thought of one!

Diaper Genie!

I would have kept forgetting if I didn't just see one on a pregnant tv show--it's THAT forgettable. But now that I remember it, I just remember it being a huge and unnecessary hassle.
November 24th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Diaper Genies really weird me out. It's like, storing poo in your house.

"Welcome to my home, here is my kitchen, and here is my nice hallway, and here is my poo container."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search