How is your DH/SO doing?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
Mandamail88's Avatar Super Mommy
My DH is super NOT sensitive to other people....usually....just to the people he cares about.

Anyways....I showed him a picture of a acquaintances new baby on facebook and said something about how it wasn't very cute and looked like it's father. Kind of chuckled. Whatever. He got really kind of offended and said that I shouldn't say that about someone elses' baby. I was like....um ok? lol

Anyone else have any weird moments or things DH/SO has been weird about?

Adam & Amanda
Our First
July 8, 2013

December 3rd, 2012, 05:55 PM
Super Mommy
Hmmm... no. That's interesting. I am glad to say that DH seems to have gotten over his sympathetic pregnancy, thank goodness! He never did go to the sensitive side, though, just the tired side.
Mandamail88 likes this.
December 3rd, 2012, 06:16 PM
Super Mommy
There's this commercial that's constantly on TV about some Fisher Price baby toy, and there's a little latino baby with dark hair, big eyebrows, and mocha skin that looks exactly like my husband in his baby pictures. So whenever the commercial is on TV, he yells out "Hurry! Hurry, come see our little baby!!!"

He is really silly!
Aramsamsam likes this.
December 3rd, 2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessifer View Post
There's this commercial that's constantly on TV about some Fisher Price baby toy, and there's a little latino baby with dark hair, big eyebrows, and mocha skin that looks exactly like my husband in his baby pictures. So whenever the commercial is on TV, he yells out "Hurry! Hurry, come see our little baby!!!"

He is really silly!
So Cute

Adam & Amanda
Our First
July 8, 2013

December 4th, 2012, 06:14 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
My DH has been pretty helpful with our daughter and somewhat helpful with the house. It's not nearly as clean as I'd like, but since I'm not doing anything about it, I guess it will do. I felt really bad about it at first, that I wasn't helping and basically I'm either laying around like a lump or puking, but then I remembered over the summer when he started his new job he was away for 8 weeks straight (except he came home every other weekend), so I did it all by myself then (along with working full time and packing for a 1000 mile away move)! Basically I figure I'm "out of commission" for about 8 weeks now so it evens out

Last edited by -erin-; December 4th, 2012 at 06:21 AM.
December 4th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Veteran
DH has been obsessed about saving money. I think this baby is really making him concerned about our finances. As a result, he's been more distracted than usual.

He's also been a little cranky (though he won't admit it) because our sex life has taken a dive lately. The doc told me no sex until the 2nd trimester because of my high risk, and I haven't been in the mood for any other types of extracurricular activities. lol We always slow down in the bedroom during my pregnancies because I generally feel miserable. I makes him cranky.
December 4th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Super Mommy
He's doing okay. Still don't think it's totally set in for him yet, but it's getting better. He thought that the ultrasound was the coolest thing ever though. He's also dealing with some health issues of his own along with that of his parents too, so I think he's a little overwhelmed at the moment.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
December 4th, 2012, 08:41 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It took a couple weeks but my DH asked about names the other night and is starting to bring it up himself in a very positive way..

December 4th, 2012, 09:05 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think DH is feeling a little stressed but I can tell he is excited he has been wanting to hold our friends infants which he used to avoid and talking to our friends who are dads about things. I love seeing him hold the little ones

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

December 4th, 2012, 09:35 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
he bought a car. when we have big life changes, he deals with it by buying another old VW that he can work on. this time it is a 64 split window bus. he stays home with DS during the day and has his own design business that he does PT, so i guess i can't blame him for also having a hobby. although it is an expensive hobby that takes up a lot of space in our garage and driveway!
pearlica and Sugaree like this.
December 4th, 2012, 09:57 AM
HappilyTogether's Avatar Super Mommy
DH has not been dealing well with this. Mostly because of the morning (all day) sickness, I've been feeling so terrible, he doesn't seem to grasp that concept at all.
December 4th, 2012, 10:01 AM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
Mine is still not fully over losing our last baby so he has a wall up. He does let me lay in though at the weekends and that is when my M/S is at its best

hje was so happy last time so I hope once Jan is out of the way and the 12 week scanand the photo of a actual baby is seen then he will be much better so right now hes cute, attentive, clingy and scared.

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

December 4th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tela View Post
he bought a car. when we have big life changes, he deals with it by buying another old VW that he can work on. this time it is a 64 split window bus. he stays home with DS during the day and has his own design business that he does PT, so i guess i can't blame him for also having a hobby. although it is an expensive hobby that takes up a lot of space in our garage and driveway!
FH would be soooooo super jealous. He wants a split window in the worst way. We have a '69 Westy that we're now trying to find the front hammock for so that eventually LO will have a place to sleep when we go camping.

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."
December 4th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugaree View Post
FH would be soooooo super jealous. He wants a split window in the worst way. We have a '69 Westy that we're now trying to find the front hammock for so that eventually LO will have a place to sleep when we go camping.
we have (and i might be slightly wrong on years) ... a 2000 jetta (his daily driver), a 73 superbeetle (that he bought when we got married), an 81 vanagon (yes, we've gone camping, DS included - DS was his reasoning for buying that one), and a 74 baja beetle (that he got when i was pregnant with our loss). and now the 64 splitty. oh, and i have my daily driver as well, that DH hates b/c it's a honda! plus we have a truck (90s extended cab F150) b/c everyone needs a truck. talk about too many vehicles!!!
December 4th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tela View Post
we have (and i might be slightly wrong on years) ... a 2000 jetta (his daily driver), a 73 superbeetle (that he bought when we got married), an 81 vanagon (yes, we've gone camping, DS included - DS was his reasoning for buying that one), and a 74 baja beetle (that he got when i was pregnant with our loss). and now the 64 splitty. oh, and i have my daily driver as well, that DH hates b/c it's a honda! plus we have a truck (90s extended cab F150) b/c everyone needs a truck. talk about too many vehicles!!!
I get it. What is it with boys and their toys? We have our daily drivers which are a 1999 Jeep Wrangler (mine) and a 1995 Chrysler 300 (his). We also have the Westy, a 1939 Packard 120 (okay, I admit it. That one's mine), a 1969 International Scout, and a 1953 Chevy 1-ton truck. Half the time there is also a '93 Jeep Cherokee and a '69 Beetle parked in the yard as well. The Beetle is his dad's and FH does 90% of the work on it. His dad bought it brand new the day he got back from Vietnam. He's the only owner and has driven it almost every day since. The odometer has rolled over at least three times. In addition to that, there is a 24' fishing boat that looks like the S.S. Minnow, a 18' fiberglass sailboat (this actually isn't ours, he's being paid to work on it), a wooden sailboat, an aluminum johnboat, a non-working bass boat (my brother's), and a canoe in the yard too. This is all in addition to the two sailboats that are kept in a marina. We so have to start downsizing the vehicle collection soon before the neighbors start to complain more than they already are.

December 4th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugaree View Post
I get it. What is it with boys and their toys? We have our daily drivers which are a 1999 Jeep Wrangler (mine) and a 1995 Chrysler 300 (his). We also have the Westy, a 1939 Packard 120 (okay, I admit it. That one's mine), a 1969 International Scout, and a 1953 Chevy 1-ton truck. Half the time there is also a '93 Jeep Cherokee and a '69 Beetle parked in the yard as well. The Beetle is his dad's and FH does 90% of the work on it. His dad bought it brand new the day he got back from Vietnam. He's the only owner and has driven it almost every day since. The odometer has rolled over at least three times. In addition to that, there is a 24' fishing boat that looks like the S.S. Minnow, a 18' fiberglass sailboat (this actually isn't ours, he's being paid to work on it), a wooden sailboat, an aluminum johnboat, a non-working bass boat (my brother's), and a canoe in the yard too. This is all in addition to the two sailboats that are kept in a marina. We so have to start downsizing the vehicle collection soon before the neighbors start to complain more than they already are.
we should be neighbors! i'm sure ours hate us. i failed to mention the truck camper (that i keep bugging DH to get rid of now that we have the vanagon) and the old 60s honda motorcycle DH is fixing up. he keeps talking about getting a boat too! i think i'm the most tolerant wife ever.
December 4th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine has gone savings obsessed. Which I'm not complaining about, but I am a little tired of hearing every night "I PUT $20 INTO THE NEW SAVINGS ACCOUNT TODAY!"

Update me once a month if you must, but I don't need a day-to-day update. I don't care that we got 2cents interest today.

December 4th, 2012, 02:20 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine is no too sympathetic but must be having sympathy exhaustion. He lays down ever chance he gets. He has helped with the dishes here and there and bathing the kids, but he doesn't understand the cravings and even thought he wouldn't dare say it..I think he wishes I would get up and get all the laundry done like I used to. I did clean the entire house and start on the laundry but it took me 2 days instead of cleaning the entire house and doing all the laundry in 1 day. I think it will take me 2 more evenings to get the laundry finished and he has had to wash his own work close almost every week recently..Oh well. He was SOO spoiled before with not doing anything, he can help out for a few weeks.
December 4th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I love hearing all of these It's so funny how they act different too I think its so cute

Adam & Amanda
Our First
July 8, 2013

December 4th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He is good. A little cranky though because he just started clinicals. We have never really gotten out of the baby stage so there is really no adjusting to anything.

7/24/12
10/09/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search