back from ultrasound - cyst on right ovary

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiam View Post
There is a difference between a cyst and a tumour. Ovarian cysts are very common, most women develop small ones that go unnoticed each menstrual cycle.

They do need to be monitored if they linger around though, because if they rupture the ovary can get infected (been there, done that, ick).
Kiam, question for you, when yours ruptured, what happened? Did you bleed a lot? I've been bleeding for the past week. That's why I had to have an ultrasound yesterday.

Another question, if anyone knows anything about this. Say I had to have surgery, and they had to remove my ovary. Do you think my chances of ovarian cancer would decrease? lol I mean, with only one ovary, I'd assume that they'd decrease by 50% but I really don't know.
December 6th, 2012, 08:23 AM
momto3brazils's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
when I was 5 months pregnant with my son I went in for a gender scan and they asked if I was having any pain on my right side? I said no... why? she said I had a cyst the size of a large grapefruit.. never felt it never hurt, and even better, it went away all on its own before I had my c-section. they are very common.

December 6th, 2012, 08:26 AM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
I am so happy that the baby is ok, anything else, nothing can be done until after the baby is born and cysts are very common. If you dont ovulate properly one cycle the follicle can become a cyst so its common. xx

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

December 6th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies OMG a grapefruit, that is big, so happy it went away on it's own. Hopefully by my next ultrasound it's gone. I hope I get some good news from the Dr. today. I got at 4. I'm all nervous again, I've been reading on babycenter about lots of women who had to have surgery during their 2nd trimester to remove their cysts. Everything always happens to me so this is just a little worriesome lol With my daughter I think I was int he small % for everything. At the end I was in the small % for having PUPPS rash, then the small % of having 4th degree tears, then the small % that don't heal properly after the 4th degree tears so I had to have reconstructive surgery!!! I just didn't have luck before and am just praying this time is easier for me! LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search