back from ultrasound - cyst on right ovary

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So i just got back from my ultrasound. It's not a miscarriage, baby is 7 weeks 2 days, and saw the heartbeat. They saw a cyst on my right ovar. They didn't say if this is what's causing the bleeding. They said it's common but now i'm freaking out about something all different than I was before. My aunt has ovarian cancer and I am just sick to my stomach thinking that this could be what the cyst is (early sign of ovarian cancer) Now I have to wait for the Dr. to get my ultrasound results and review and call me or most likely it'll be at my Dr. appt tomorrow that he tells me what's going on.
December 5th, 2012, 10:28 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey but it's amazing after all that bleeding your baby is growing and the heart beat is there !!!
cortln likes this.

December 5th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Mandamail88's Avatar Super Mommy
So happy that little bean is doing ok....that had to be really scary
cortln likes this.

Adam & Amanda
Our First
July 8, 2013

December 5th, 2012, 10:36 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yay for a baby and HB!!! try not to worry about the cyst. they are VERY common. in fact, the ovary that you ovulate from the month that you conceive typically produces a cyst. the nurse showed me mine at my ~7 week u/s and said it was totally normal.

sometimes they can't find a cause for the bleeding. i spotted with DS at 13 weeks, and they never knew why. he's a healthy almost 4 y/o!
GranolaMamaOf3 and cortln like this.
December 5th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Krisnina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cyst are very common for the first few weeks of pregnancy- I think they go away around week 10 when the placenta starts taking over. I had a large one during when I was pregnant before. It went away eventually.
cortln likes this.

December 5th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok so I feel a little better after your comments. I'm just a nervous wreck. I'm so happy baby is ok but it just makes me so sick to think about the cyst when my aunt (dads sister) has ovarian cancer I am just praying that it goes away and fast!
December 5th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Veteran
Yay for a heartbeat!

Yes, cysts are common. Try not to worry. Glad your bean is ok!
cortln likes this.
December 5th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Super Mommy
So glad to hear your baby is doing fine! I don't know much about cysts but sounds like from the other ladies that you shouldn't worry. Yay for healthy baby!
December 5th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad everything is well with the baby! I have no personal experience with cysts but I have heard that they are quite common and sometimes they rupture and that can cause bleeding.
December 5th, 2012, 12:50 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you can rest a little easier now I can see how it can be unnerving though.

Oct '11 June '12
December 5th, 2012, 01:08 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
SO HAPPY for you!!

December 5th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm really sorry about the cyst, but....YAY for baby!!!!!!

December 5th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Emvious's Avatar Mom to 2+2+1 in the oven
Yay! I have a rl friend that is dealing with a ruptured cyst right now as well. She is 10w today and the docs are just keeping an eye on things, she says she still spots occasionally but its getting less and less.
cortln likes this.

Waiting to meet my angels in heaven

Emmett Parker, 2-4-12, missed miscarriage @ 11 weeks
Wyatt Leland, 7-30-12, miscarried at 6.5 weeks

Emerson Benton, heartbeat stopped 2-4-13, born 2-5-13 @ 17w3d, 5.6oz, 9" long
December 5th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Yay for a heartbeat!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
December 5th, 2012, 04:39 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I'm so glad there is a heartbeat!!! GREAT news! Try not to worry about the cyst, they are very common.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
December 5th, 2012, 08:39 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
I get that fear. I've had ovarian cysts off and on for about four years now. It's miserable. My cousin also recently lost an ovary due to her doctors not doing regular check ups after initially finding it.

I have one in my left ovary right now. Of course I did a lot of research on it and there are some risks, but apparently leutal cysts are very common. If it is cancerous, there's still a good outlook for both of you. As long as they keep an eye on it you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy

Last edited by NinjaCakes; December 5th, 2012 at 08:44 PM.
December 5th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about the cyst though I believe they are common happenings, but great that your baby is healthy and growing!
December 6th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Kiam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortln View Post
Ok so I feel a little better after your comments. I'm just a nervous wreck. I'm so happy baby is ok but it just makes me so sick to think about the cyst when my aunt (dads sister) has ovarian cancer I am just praying that it goes away and fast!
There is a difference between a cyst and a tumour. Ovarian cysts are very common, most women develop small ones that go unnoticed each menstrual cycle.

They do need to be monitored if they linger around though, because if they rupture the ovary can get infected (been there, done that, ick).

December 6th, 2012, 03:32 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
happy to hear your US went well, its so exciting to see the heartbeart! I too have an ovarian cyst and was told they will monitor it to watch for growth, and not to be worried. Try not to let it worry you.
KUP with the results from your appointment. hugs,
December 6th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Morgans Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear baby is OK! At my 12 week ultrasound with my DD they noticed a cyst on my right ovary and just said they would monitor it. My doctor had said that it is common to develop a cyst on the ovary you ovulated from when you got pregnant. It had gone away by my next ultrasound - hopefully that will be the same for you!
Baking a Rainbow

8/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search