What is everyone/anyone doing for constipation?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not sure if I am or not seeing how I am never all that regular but my doctor said to watch out for it as that could add to my nausea. I then forgot to ask what to take for it.

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

December 5th, 2012, 11:18 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
So far I haven't had to battle it yet this time, but last time around I was told to take Colace since zofran is constipating. I didn't and had a hard time and won't be doing that again! After my c-section I was also given colace and took it then.

December 5th, 2012, 11:54 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm on zofran and very constipated! i tried prune juice, but the taste makes me gag. i've been eating a pear almost day, and that has helped.
December 5th, 2012, 12:42 PM
LeslieRN72's Avatar Veteran
I have finally gotten a handle on mine after weeks of hell. Colace didn't do crap for me (pun intended). I finally switched to Peri-colace, and it kicked in and has offset my Zofran constipation. I take it scheduled-not as needed.

Everybody has their own way of doing things and raising their children. No one way is better than the other. The end product will be the same no matter what path you take, and never let anyone make you feel otherwise.
December 5th, 2012, 01:45 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Trying to gag down more veggies and easing up the bread

Oct '11 June '12
December 5th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I had a hard time with bowel movements in my last pregnancy and took a stool softner to make it easier to go but it didn't help with the frequency. I'm going to start taking a stool softner again after my appt on Monday to verify what I should take.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
December 5th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Veteran
Prune juice is my thing. I hate the way it tastes, though, so I drink it fast--like doing a shot.

There's also plum juice. It helps, too, and tastes better than prune juice.

I also eat pears. They seem to help.
December 5th, 2012, 03:54 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I've been trying to avoid constipating types of foods...but they seem to be my favorites lately. I should try the fruit juice.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
December 5th, 2012, 07:51 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
My PCP rec.'d colace to me when I started taking iron supplements last year, though I've never had to. I do know that the more water you drink, the faster your body processes food. Last night I chugged a big glass of apple juice and have been eating pears - different things for different people!

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
December 6th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had some issues before my pregnancy, so after I got pregnant I was extra constipated. My Dr. office told me to take Fibercon, got it at walgreens. It's helping a ton!
December 6th, 2012, 06:42 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Teacher
I go at the same time every single day, and I think that helps. I give myself an hour in the morning to get up, sit around, drink hot tea, and read until the "urge" strikes. Hot liquids in the morning really do help.
December 6th, 2012, 06:50 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Fiber. Cheerios always 'push' me along when im not as regular. I have used casgrada`sagrada herb only if I got reaaly 'plugged' up. Thankfully I am pretty regular.
December 6th, 2012, 07:40 AM
redheadcurls's Avatar Veteran
I've had problems with this as well. I'm trying my best to eat high fiber foods, but whole grains and veggies are soooo hard for me to stomach right now. I've been taking fiber pills each night, plus my prenatal has a gentle stool softener in it, but I'm still having issues! I read eating 2 pears a day will help...I'm going to try it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search