How is this pregnancy comparing to your others?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2012, 09:56 AM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
Is it more mild, more severe, about the same?

Not that I've been feeling all that great, this pregnancy is still miles better than with my daughter! With my daughter I wasn't able to keep anything down and I would puke at least 5 times a day. It was awful!
It lasted all the way until 20 weeks!
I am shocked I am 9 weeks and haven't thrown up once. I guess it's really true that all pregnancies can be different.
December 18th, 2012, 10:18 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
The beginning was so different from last pregnancy. I was hardly sick then around wk 7-8 I was getting as sick as last time. This time though it is different things making me puke.

December 18th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Emvious's Avatar Mom to 2+2+1 in the oven
My first two were night & day opposite...this one kinda swings back and forth between the two!

Waiting to meet my angels in heaven

Emmett Parker, 2-4-12, missed miscarriage @ 11 weeks
Wyatt Leland, 7-30-12, miscarried at 6.5 weeks

Emerson Benton, heartbeat stopped 2-4-13, born 2-5-13 @ 17w3d, 5.6oz, 9" long
December 18th, 2012, 10:31 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some things are similar some are different.. Mostly this has been easier than any of my other first trimesters and I am not popping out as much as I did with my second and third... It's been pretty great really!

December 18th, 2012, 11:30 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
In some ways it's different this time, but really, they've all been pretty much the same. My first pregnancy was by far the worst as far as nausea. But I threw up more during my second. And with this one I've had more food aversions/less appetite, cramping and the bleeding issues.

December 18th, 2012, 11:49 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I was just telling DH how this one is different... I'm still sick and nauseous, but I don't think its as bad as with my DD. Part of that is because I'm not commuting right now and the car ride always made me sick last time. Also I got zofran earlier, so if I'm having a yuck day I take one. So last time I lost 15 lbs and this time I'm holding steady and a 5lb loss.

I also don't remember being so tired last time, although I probably was. My boobs are more sore this time and also I have random cramping this time. Last time both those were over in the first week or two.

December 18th, 2012, 11:53 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This time the nausea is different. With DD I had to eat snacks every two hours, with this one it doesn't seem to matter if I eat or not I feel sick anyways. With DD I pretty much only felt sick if I didn't eat. I feel more moody this time around too.

Oct '11 June '12
December 18th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Mine are pretty similar. I feel much more tired this time around but I'm also taking care of a 2 1/2 yr old.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
December 18th, 2012, 12:11 PM
sethsgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first I was nauseous a little and got sick a couple of times but other then that and the bleeding issues it was a pretty smooth pregnancy once I got to the 2nd trimester. With my second I got sick a little more but everything else was great until I started with contractions at 19 weeks. This pregnancy I am nauseous all of the time and crazy exhausted. I also (tmi) got my first UTI (never ever had one before). When people ask I tell them this pregnancy is kicking my butt lol. I may be more exhausted because I have a 3 year old and a 1 1/2 year old but I nap when they do and go to bed early so who knows. I'm thankful I haven't gotten sick yet but sometimes I want to so the nausea will go away for a little bit. I also feel more moody this time than the other 2.

Colleen proud mommy to DS (8/2009), DS (6/2011), and DD (7/2013)

December 18th, 2012, 12:22 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
My first & 2nd pregnancies were mild..no throwing up, mild breast pain, nothing extreme to report.

With my daughter (3rd baby) I was so sick & could not keep anything down until 15 weeks it let up a little but I had days with nausea until delivery. I was also very tired & not much breast pain.

This 1 probably has been the most severe. I have bad morning sickness all day, a VERY heightened sense of smell which I've never experienced, Very sore boobs, I'm not AS tired this time though. I'm showing pretty early too.
December 18th, 2012, 12:29 PM
ahruska's Avatar Super Mommy
I think this pregnancy is a lot like my last with DD. I'm still pretty sick but not quite as bad. Not sure if it's b/c I got on meds sooner or what but I'm still vomiting which sucks. I hope I'll feel better in a few weeks I did in my last pregnancy.

December 18th, 2012, 12:37 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm much more exhausted this time, but I am also running after 2 kids and no just 1. My sickness has been about the same as my last pregnancy. With my first it was really bad, but with my last 2 it isn't as bad. I have ALOT more cravings this time.
December 18th, 2012, 01:08 PM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
This was is different for sickness, I am sicker with this one as in feeling sick and vomiting. With Serenity it was just morning and evening, this time its all the way through the day.

I am showing fast like I did with Serenity and... thats it.. so so far, the same.

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

December 18th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This pregnancy is completely different than my last. During my last pregnancy, I was absolutely miserable and barely functional for the entire first trimester and beyond. I had all day nausea (no vomiting but that almost made it worse because it was just always there.) and I had fatigue to the point that I could barely walk up a flight of stairs. I fainted multiple times and was constantly dizzy/lightheaded. Also, I had an early bleeding scare (combined with them not being able to see the baby on the ultrasound and low hcg levels) that left me pretty scared. Additionally, I was still in college and not married so the guilt was killing me. Emotionally, I was a total mess.

This time, I sometimes have to remind myself I'm pregnant.Emotionally, I am in a much better place. I am so excited for this pregnancy and we have been trying for a very long time. I am definitely exhausted, but it is more manageable this time. I haven't had much nausea. There have been a few times where I have 'thrown up' (tmi but when I throw up, nothing actually comes out) but it just comes in waves of a few hours instead of being constant nausea. Everything just seems so much easier this time around. The only thing that is worrying me is because my symptoms are so light, I am worried about viability. I cannot wait for them to finally get me in for an ultrasound. (they haven't even let me set an appointment date yet!)

Last edited by OceanGirl; December 18th, 2012 at 02:37 PM.
December 18th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Super Mommy
The big difference this time is how irritable I am. The first time I was pregnant I was more sentimental, laid back with people, sort of a softer version of myself. It was really nice, actually. This time I still get teary eyed more easily, but my mood is darker and harsher overall. I think my level of nausea is about the same. I remember being so disappointed that the nausea continued into the beginning of my 2nd trimester last time; I'm hoping that won't be the case this time!
December 18th, 2012, 08:45 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
So far its been easier, besided the energy level sometimes but I think some has to do with have so many young ones so close in age this time around.
December 18th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This one has been harder. I am just so tired all the time and still getting some pretty strong bouts of nausea. I do wonder if still nursing my 16 month old is part of what's wiping me out with me being pregnant. She hasn't taken to the idea of weaning.

Last edited by jersey_gray; December 18th, 2012 at 11:14 PM.
December 19th, 2012, 04:41 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my m/s is much worse this time. with DS, i was nauseous but only threw up once/day. this is like that nausea x100 and lots of vomiting and dry heaving. thank goodness for zofran! my moods are better with this one, probably b/c i'm still on my anxiety meds. and the exhaustion is pretty much the same, maybe worse since i have to get up at 5:30am for work and have a 3 y/o!
December 19th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Veteran
My first two were the same: constant nausea, sore boobs, irritable as heck.

This one's been the opposite. I haven't had much nausea at all, my boobs haven't been sore and haven't gotten bigger, and I haven't been as irritable (though I have been a little crankier than usual).

In my other pregnancies I had bad acne, and I got a fat face early. So far, hasn't happened this time.

The "lack of symptoms" makes me nervous, but I try to remember that all pregnancies are different.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search