Nausea relief?

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By GranolaMamaOf3
  • 2 Post By MrsLat
  • 2 Post By momology
  • 1 Post By OceanGirl
  • 1 Post By abur
  • 1 Post By tela

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2012, 11:19 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Anyone have any tips or tricks to relieve nausea? I only had morning sickness w/ my daughter & I only had 2 kids to care for & we mostly stayed home while I was really sick & usually sucking on something sour helped at times.

This time I have 3 to care for, DH works A LOT including weekends so it's been tough. Sour stuff does not help & neither does mint. I have family coming to town & I really need relief so I can spend time with them and also get the house deep cleaned since I've been doing the bare minimum!

Anything working for you??
December 18th, 2012, 11:35 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
I like the suggestions here - 7 Real Food Remedies for Morning Sickness « The Mommypotamus The Mommypotamus

For me, I have to eat protein often. and unlike my other pregnancies, I have to graze all day long, because if I eat too much at once I feel sick, but if I go too long without food I feel sick... so lots of snacks and small meals throughout the day.
AmiraX4 likes this.

December 18th, 2012, 11:47 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Ginger ale is helping me this time. I also think I need protein, and I haven't been good at eating it. When it's really bad I also take zofran.

December 18th, 2012, 01:39 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey there, don't mean to board crash!! I am from the June DDC and I had a lot of nausea and thought I would share some things that helped me!

I sipped a little bit of an instant breakfast before I ate meals, because it kind of coated my stomach and helped me not get so sick!

I drank ginger ale or fresca when the nausea was getting bad and also ended up eating a lot of oranges. For some reason citrus stuff seemed to help.

When it got bad, you can buy B6 vitamins and then take one with a Unisom. That is the basic chemical makeup of a pretty good nausea medication they use a lot in pregnancy and it is completely safe. And it does help alot!!

If it gets unbearable and you aren't against taking medication, you can call your OB for some zofran or phenergan. But I would try the B6/unisom thing first since it is a little safer.

Good luck to you, mama! Feel better
doodoosmom and AmiraX4 like this.

December 18th, 2012, 01:54 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When all else failed - I tried sucking on some hard sour candy. I wasnt expecting it to work but a coworker kept insisting I try it. It helped me a lot to just be sucking on something during the day. At meal time a little ginger ale helped. I usually try some wheat saltines throughout the day too and that has helped a little.

Hope you find what works for you!!
AmiraX4 and abur like this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

December 18th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have been using the preggie drops from motherhood maternity and they seem to help take the edge off a bit. Also, ginger tea (make it from real ginger slices) seems to help a bit. My doctor suggested taking B6 and I have also noticed that the more sleep I get at night, the better I feel the next day.
AmiraX4 likes this.
December 18th, 2012, 02:50 PM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ginger ale, eating cereal before getting out of bed in the morning (ALWAYS kept cans of ginger ale & a box of Cheerio's by the bed), and Jolly Ranchers helped me survive my first trimester! And I agree with the PP's about protein.....it helps SO much!! Hope you find relief soon
AmiraX4 likes this.
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

December 18th, 2012, 05:10 PM
chessalove's Avatar Love my little family
All of the suggestions listed here would provided me very minor relief. If you're like me, it just didn't go away no matter what... and you might not find anything that works. Just do what you can to get by, and also if you're like me... it will get MAJORLY better for you. I think my tag says I'm 10 wks 4 days... so that will tell you... it will get better! I'm at about 80% ...
December 18th, 2012, 07:26 PM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Thanks everyone! So far nothing has worked but I'll get ginger ale, extra protein & the b6 & unisom.. hopefully one of those will help, I'm desperate to feel better!
December 18th, 2012, 08:35 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Ditto....the fresh ginger and protien and B-vit...I cant say for sure..but although I do have some nausea off and on....its not as bad as some of my other pregnancies and it could be, because Im taking a pill that has all the Bvitamens and only taking 5 mg of folic acid....hope u feel better soon!
December 18th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Veteran
slowly drinking a powerade before bed and then dry crackers for breakfast.
December 19th, 2012, 07:08 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
nothing worked for me. i'm on zofran daily, and i'm still nauseous! but not throwing up, so i guess that's good. i am 12 weeks today and am def feeling better. the end is in sight!
chessalove likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search