Flabby Arms

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By doodoosmom
  • 1 Post By chessalove
  • 1 Post By Mandamail88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Mandamail88's Avatar Super Mommy
So, I'm in my cami doing my hair today....and couldn't help but notice for the first time ever in my life that my arms look extremely flabby.....and I'll probably be wanted to wear short sleeve/sleeveless things come July when I'm 9 months pregnant.....looks like I'll be starting me some arm exercises......

Adam & Amanda
Our First
July 8, 2013

December 19th, 2012, 08:03 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol... my arms are totally my problem spot so I feel your pain. I always tell myself I will get on a weights routine but I have such a hard time sticking to one. I just hate doing weights.
December 19th, 2012, 08:12 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
I can totally relate....for me...I do the "corn curl"..1 can of corn in each hand and curl up, back, side, front...and the "chair ups" on the edge of the chair and do backwards pullups..?? I saw it on Oz sometime back and these work great and easy to do while in the home...
December 19th, 2012, 08:22 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The title of this thread made me giggle

Get some wrist weights and walk around with them on. You use your arms a lot and just that casual lifting will help some
December 20th, 2012, 08:55 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
Yeah, I remember being at the end of the 1st trimester & glancing in a mirror casually one day & being shocked at how fat my arms were.
Mandamail88 likes this.
December 20th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This thread totally inspired me to get off my behind last night and actually do some light weights and modified pilates moves. I have been too tired/sick to follow through with my exercise routine for the most part but I really want to stay in shape throughout pregnancy. Also, last pregnancy, I was banned from exercise so I want to take advantage of it this time.
You could always just do easy lifts and stretches during commercial breaks or while you are on the phone at work. My problem area is actually my thighs/behind. I need to find a simple solution for that.
December 20th, 2012, 01:17 PM
chessalove's Avatar Love my little family
I'm a fan of weight lifting so all I'm going to say is hit those weights girl! We're women and no matter how you cut it, we're going to have arm flab! Don't focus on bicep curls, it's the triceps and shoulders that you really need to work. You'll see a huge difference after just a week or two. Pushups and dips are great. All stuff you can do at home in just a few minutes! But love yourself and your pregnant body. I'm betting your flabby arms won't stay flabby long after carrying a baby around all day
pearlica likes this.
December 20th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Mandamail88's Avatar Super Mommy
LOL - I actually was so disgusted I found a 10 minute Pregnancy Arm Video online and went and bought some 4 pound weights today....so I'll be starting an arm routine tonight
chessalove likes this.

Adam & Amanda
Our First
July 8, 2013

December 20th, 2012, 07:47 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I haven't done much exercising after the ivf...call it nervousness or laziness.... but I need to get into some kind of a routine to stay healthy.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
December 21st, 2012, 07:03 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This inspired me to look in the mirror which inspired me to grab some 5 pound weights to start a routine with...

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search