Mil rant!

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2013, 10:09 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
Anyone ever think that if you would have known your MIL would have been such a pain in the *****, you would have thought twice before marrying your DH. LOL. Of course I'm glad that his mother is our biggest problem and obviously I would marry him all over again but man she makes my blood boil!!!

She is nice and all, but she lies about everything and exaggerates everything. I can't stand people like that. She is also VERY needy for him and calls constantly. She always calls "making up" things why she needs him to come over or why she needs him to do something. She now thinks that her and I need to hang out more. I don't want to hang out with her. She already makes me dread my own childrens birthday parties because I am going to have to deal with her. That is how much I can't stand to be in the room with him. My husband babies her so bad and makes her even worse and then he gets on to me if I try to call her on some of her BS and says I'm being rude. My MIL divorced my FIL when my DH was only 2 or 3 and thank God I got a good Step MIL. It makes for weird birthdays though because my FIL family is all VERY close and they all hate my MIL for the same reasons as me, she is a liar. My DH is the youngest of her 2 sons but my husband is the one she calls for everything. She babies the oldest son.

Anyone else have problems with a needy MIL? How do you deal or how did you make the situation better? My situation got a lot worse after she became single again 2 years ago. I can't imagine dealing with this for another year, let alone 10 or 20 or 30!!
January 22nd, 2013, 11:16 AM
mommamuffin's Avatar Super Mommy
My MIL ignores me more than anything. She has four kids - two sets of twins - with my Steve being the boy from the 2nd set of twins. One of his older brothers is in prison (he's been in and out for years) and the other one has no kids or anything so he spends a lot of time with his parents. Steve's twin sister is also very close with both of them and is over there all the time...and it's all my fault we don't go over and see them, even though we invite them here all the time. Even like, Thanksgiving, we had to go there Thanksgiving day for dinner but when we did our dinner the following day they ignored my invitation and wouldn't have even told me they weren't coming if I didn't approach them in person directly about it.

I got off on my tangent and totally forgot my point, lol. The way I deal with the in-laws is just by being nice and sweet and not giving them anything they can be negative about. Steve gets upset if I don't try to get along - it sucks but I guess you've just gotta play nice?

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q796/DLLovell/SquishyDDC_zps630852e9.gif[/IMG] [IMG]

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="Green"]Christina (me), Steve (SO), Isabelle & Leonardo.

Last edited by mommamuffin; January 22nd, 2013 at 11:31 AM.
January 22nd, 2013, 11:25 AM
doodoosmom's Avatar 4 kids?! Who's counting!
I could exchange crazy MIL stories all day!! lol I don't want to thread hijack though, so I'll just say mine literally disowned DH when he told her we were pregnant with #4.
January 22nd, 2013, 11:46 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't complain my MIL is wonderful. I would maybe suggest that DH starts dropping clues like "Pretty soon I won't have a lot of free time because we'll have a lot on our plate with the baby." It's too bad she can't include all of her children in her "needs"

Oct '11 June '12
January 22nd, 2013, 12:10 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I love my MIL. But my mother is the crazy one. She took us to court over grandparents rights for my oldest DS when I was pregnant with DS2 and ended up in court for the actual hearing right after DS2 was born. She's never tried to get Grandparents rights for DS2 or DS3 but she's all about visitation with DS1 only...
January 22nd, 2013, 01:44 PM
NoahandLola's Mommy
sorry that doesn't sound fun at all

January 22nd, 2013, 04:38 PM
NinjaCakes's Avatar Awesomesauce
She sounds just wonderful I could never deal with that crap. You're a far kinder woman than I to put up with her at all!

As for spending more time together, maybe you can silently consider the fact that she'll be more likely to get her "feelings" hurt the more she's around you? That excuse works for me!

Thanks so much Claire for my awesome siggy
January 22nd, 2013, 10:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm very blessed with wonderful in-laws. My advice though is your husband needs to put his family first and his mommy second. Time to put on the big boy pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhug_nar View Post
I love my MIL. But my mother is the crazy one. She took us to court over grandparents rights for my oldest DS when I was pregnant with DS2 and ended up in court for the actual hearing right after DS2 was born. She's never tried to get Grandparents rights for DS2 or DS3 but she's all about visitation with DS1 only...
She didn't actually win I hope. Grandparent's do not have rights, they have privileges!
January 23rd, 2013, 08:51 AM
Emvious's Avatar Mom to 2+2+1 in the oven
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey_gray View Post
She didn't actually win I hope. Grandparent's do not have rights, they have privileges!
And that is exactly why my father has no idea another grandchild is on the way right now! When I have to explain to my 7yo that Grandpa not calling him or sending a card for his birthday doesn't mean Grandpa doesn't love him anymore I draw the line!

Waiting to meet my angels in heaven

Emmett Parker, 2-4-12, missed miscarriage @ 11 weeks
Wyatt Leland, 7-30-12, miscarried at 6.5 weeks

Emerson Benton, heartbeat stopped 2-4-13, born 2-5-13 @ 17w3d, 5.6oz, 9" long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search