Stressed out applying for insurance!

Forum: July 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2013, 05:03 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
So we have private medical insurance that doesn't cover maternity. As a back up I decided to apply for the state pregnancy program just in case expenses ever got out of hand. It would be nice having that piece of mind of not going bankrupt over medical bills..
I applied November 13th and sweated bullets and they finally got back to me just last week asking for a ton of paperwork. I had to drive around EVERYWHERE and beg DH to get his employer to get the information we needed. They went on vacation and so it delayed everything! I was trying my best not to be stressed but.. seriously, I don't even want to know what my blood pressure has been during all of this.
But what chaps my butt the most is the fact that I found out they were suppose to respond back within 20 DAYS because I am pregnant!!.. Not... 60 and counting!! Someone said they dropped the ball on my application and it basically got lot in the system.

So now I sit and wait...
I wonder if anyone else has gone through such an excruciating time as I trying to get state aid.. or if I just have bad luck!
January 22nd, 2013, 07:15 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
Oh man that is the pits! Yeah they should have been working asap on it. When I applied I did it online faxed the paperwork and ended up being approved the same day. They are gonna back pay for your visits you have been going to right?

January 23rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
That doesnt sound good at all...Man I really hope you can find an insurance company that will pick up your maternity. I know the expenses can be overwelming. Does your Dh's HR dept have any options for you guys? let us know what they say.
January 23rd, 2013, 12:10 PM
OnesOnTheWay's Avatar #2 Due July 19, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiraX2 View Post
That doesnt sound good at all...Man I really hope you can find an insurance company that will pick up your maternity. I know the expenses can be overwelming. Does your Dh's HR dept have any options for you guys? let us know what they say.
DH doesn't get health insurance through work, we just pay out of pocket through private insurance. It's not great insurance to begin with but it's never than nothing!
We are prepared to pay the OB out of pocket and the hospital delivery fee if necessary but what I really want insurance on is if I or the baby has to stay at the hospital for any length of time... that will add up FAST!
January 23rd, 2013, 08:52 PM
4 Boys & 4 Girls !
Yah it does. something will work out for you im sure. Keep us updated please.
January 23rd, 2013, 09:00 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
Yikes! That's no fun. I hope it gets resolved soon!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search